Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SMC Opening Re-Drawn in '90s Style
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've made a meme. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Sailor Starlight wrote:
That's true. It's bewildering that some people can't see that.

I can see it entirely, especially with the eyes. How the eyes were drawn in the 90's anime looked resemble the manga eyes, whereas Crystal is the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I still say I feel it is illogical for people to claim that Crystal is closer to the artstyle of the manga then the 90s when it reality the opposite is true.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The video was crap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
I still say I feel it is illogical for people to claim that Crystal is closer to the artstyle of the manga then the 90s when it reality the opposite is true.

It's really to disagree with you on this statement. In fact, I fully agree with you. Crystal's character designs appear slightly similar to the manga's art style, namely the kanzenban covers. But, if you actually look inside the pages of the manga itself, the 90's character designs feel more like those actual manga.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:33 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

No.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 am 
Luna
Luna
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

:googly: Well, Crystal fans wouldn't be able to recognize high-quality animation and proportional, appealing design if it hit them in the face. :mischief: So, this is really a compliment coming from you! :tongue:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. Therefore, I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Hoping some day PGSM gets the same treatment. I really don't mind if its 90's, Ando, S2 or S3 style.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

:googly: Well, Crystal fans wouldn't be able to recognize high-quality animation and proportional, appealing design if it hit them in the face. :mischief: So, this is really a compliment coming from you! :tongue:

I think you should refrain making such comments in risk of making this thread locked because you were actually one of the reasons we are one strike away from getting this thread locked.

Personally I am a fan of the 90's style although I prefer the anaesthetic look of the manga and in some of Crystals work (when they actually put effort in). I also did notice that Rei's solo shot in the first verse didn't seem to look her her 90's anime counterpart that much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Hoping some day PGSM gets the same treatment. I really don't mind if its 90's, Ando, S2 or S3 style.

That would be a dream come true.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:11 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

Now now, no need to get defensive. You're ability to decipher between positive and negative feedback is suffering from it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:42 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
DREWdesu wrote:
I prefer the anaesthetic look of the manga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Sera-V wrote:
The video was crap.

While I disagree I'll defend to the death your right to say it :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
DREWdesu wrote:

Funny typo & funny pic from a patient's angle. :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
DREWdesu wrote:

Funny typo & funny pic from a patient's angle. :lol:

It was intentional, the manga puts me to sleep... just kidding!

I also beg to disagree with the 90's looking like the Manga. If you look at Naoko Takeuchi's cel shaded artwork, you can clearly see how different the eyes are.

Attachments:
sailormoon72.jpg
sailormoon72.jpg [ 56.14 KiB | Viewed 1182 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ The original '90s anime' s designs were based on Naokoi's initial designs that can be found in the first section of the Materials Collection and the first run of the Dark Kingdom arc in Nakayoshi (rounder eyes and faces, plump bodies). Of course, Naoko's designs changed radically throughout the series (Naoko literally had to go back and redraw Usagi's odangos for the first tankobon because at that point she changed her design completely), but it's not entirely the fault of the original anime that it opted for consistency.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I also don't think anyone's saying the 90s anime looks *identical* to the manga, just that it's a lot closer to the manga's style than Crystal is, which is clearly the case.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
I remember reading an interview that Naoko gave to a magazine in the 90s that was translated to Portuguese. I wish I could find the link because it's an incredible interview.

In any event, when asked about her inspiration, she said that her drawings were heavily inspired by those of a manga artist (whose name I forgot, sorry) who drew women with perfect slim bodies and long limbs. I think the Crystal designs from S1 and S2 were reflecting that.

She was asked to deliver a message to her fans, and she told them to "read, read a lot," particularly about how we, as humans, experience love.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Clow wrote:
I remember reading an interview that Naoko gave to a magazine in the 90s that was translated to Portuguese. I wish I could find the link because it's an incredible interview.

In any event, when asked about her inspiration, she said that her drawings were heavily inspired by those of a manga artist (whose name I forgot, sorry) who drew women with perfect slim bodies and long limbs. I think the Crystal designs from S1 and S2 were reflecting that.

She was asked to deliver a message to her fans, and she told them to "read, read a lot," particularly about how we, as humans, experience love.

Is that the same interview where she was asked how she deals with stress? :o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Clow wrote:

That sounds like fashion designers' drawings. :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Clow wrote:

While it is true that she has been influenced by fashion designers, this was a particular manga author. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Clow wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Clow wrote:

While it is true that she has been influenced by fashion designers, this was a particular manga author. ;)

I was aware of that since you'd already mentioned that - my above comment is just based on that bolded line above & all. lol

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:07 am 
Stella
Stella
Clow wrote:

I think the person Naoko Takeuchi was speaking of was Leiji Matsumoto aka the creator of the Captain Harlock series, Galaxy Express 999 etc.

That being said to DREWdesu the 90s style isn't identical to the manga but it is closer then any season of Crystal. I mean just look at Beryl for instance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 am 
Luna
Luna
The animator posted the videos on NicoNico. He wrote the following in the description. Can anyone translate what it says?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31895361

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31899849

Quote:
前回の投稿からかなり月日が経ちました・・・。
初の描いてみた動画です。

セーラームーンCrystal2期は90年代版で言えばセーラームーンRに相当しますが、絵柄はS~SSの伊藤郁子様の作画を意識してます。
人によってはTai!っぽく見えるところがあるかもしれない。そして似ていないかもしれない。

ズームアウトが上手くいかなかったので、省略or大変なクオリティに仕上がりました。
背景も略しまくってますので注意です。

表情・武器・ポージングetc.と色々と変更しておりますので注視してみてくださいませ。
塗るつもりもその技術もないので、これが完成形ということで。
最後は余力で遊びました。

ヴィーナスがなぎ払ってるドロイドの名前を当ててみよう。 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Just a summary:

- It's his 1st animation work.
- Even tho the 2nd season of Crystal is equivalent to R in the 90s anime, he based it on Ito Ikuko's styles in S & SuperS.
- After mentioning its several shortcomings, he asks us to note the changes in the facial expressions, weapons, postures, etc.
- He doesn't have the skills to color it, so it's already in its finished form.
- He asks us to try guessing the name of that Droid handled by Venus.

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:19 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I didn't notice the droids until you translated it Rika. ^_^'

They were:
Atsugesho
Jamanen
Akumuda
Furaiki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Can anyone translate what it says?
Quote:
前回の投稿からかなり月日が経ちました・・・。
初の描いてみた動画です。

セーラームーンCrystal2期は90年代版で言えばセーラームーンRに相当しますが、絵柄はS~SSの伊藤郁子様の作画を意識してます。
人によってはTai!っぽく見えるところがあるかもしれない。そして似ていないかもしれない。

ズームアウトが上手くいかなかったので、省略or大変なクオリティに仕上がりました。
背景も略しまくってますので注意です。

表情・武器・ポージングetc.と色々と変更しておりますので注視してみてくださいませ。
塗るつもりもその技術もないので、これが完成形ということで。
最後は余力で遊びました。

ヴィーナスがなぎ払ってるドロイドの名前を当ててみよう。

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ Just a summary:

- It's his 1st animation work.
- Even tho the 2nd season of Crystal is equivalent to R in the 90s anime, he based it on Ito Ikuko's styles in S & SuperS.
- After mentioning its several shortcomings, he asks us to note the changes in the facial expressions, weapons, postures, etc.
- He doesn't have the skills to color it, so it's already in its finished form.
- He asks us to try guessing the name of that Droid handled by Venus.

Rika-Chicchi is trolling you, guys. Actually, it's a recipe for Japanese chicken katsu curry. It says in the end to add ginger and chili pepper for better taste. :ninja:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:25 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Would welcome anyone to do a full, word-by-word translation of it to see if there's a recipe in it that I've probably overlooked. :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:
^ The original '90s anime' s designs were based on Naokoi's initial designs that can be found in the first section of the Materials Collection and the first run of the Dark Kingdom arc in Nakayoshi (rounder eyes and faces, plump bodies). Of course, Naoko's designs changed radically throughout the series (Naoko literally had to go back and redraw Usagi's odangos for the first tankobon because at that point she changed her design completely), but it's not entirely the fault of the original anime that it opted for consistency.

I think what you said really hit the nail on the head, and I agree with all of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next