Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The New Dub of The Movies
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Is there any word on when those are getting done? I would have assumed the R movie would have been released between R and S dvd/blue ray release but that doesnt seem to be the case? Hulu has had 200 episodes subbed up for a while and still no movies.

Post subject: Re: Viz release of the movies?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Probably releasing them in a box set after stars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
When asked about the movies at conventions, Charlene replied that while the movies are coming, they're focusing on the episodes of the series first. Like ChibiBoi said, we'll most likely get a movie and specials boxset after Stars is finished. At least that's the route some of the other international releases have taken.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
It's best that they focus on the remainder of the TV series considering Sailor Stars has never even seen a home video release in America till now. They can wrap up loose ends (movies, specials) later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:44 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I believe the plan is to release the movies and the specials after they are done with the 90s TV series proper so we will probably see them released after Sailor Stars is released.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I still don't know why they couldn't just do a quick subtitle translation of the movies and specials and put them on Hulu. Even if they're focusing on dubbing the show now, it surely wouldn't take that much time and effort to release the movies and specials that way for now for the fans who haven't seen them and would love to. Especially with the specials and mini-movies I'm sure there's a lot of fans who might not have gotten to see those yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I still don't know why they couldn't just do a quick subtitle translation of the movies and specials and put them on Hulu. Even if they're focusing on dubbing the show now, it surely wouldn't take that much time and effort to release the movies and specials that way for now for the fans who haven't seen them and would love to. Especially with the specials and mini-movies I'm sure there's a lot of fans who might not have gotten to see those yet.

Because then fans are gonna expect a dub release of it soon, and that's not going to happen for another 3 years at least. They released all the sub episodes way too early, which I don't mind, but now fans are like "where's the rest of the dub??"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:41 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

Pretty much my thoughts. All 200 episodes have been made available to stream subbed for a while now. I somewhat understand the logic of waiting to dub the movies and specials after they do the main series but it seems odd to release the entire series subbed on Hulu and their main website and leave the movies unreleased.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:54 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Meanwhile Kaze in Germany is ignoring the movies and specials while they finish Crystal (done with S1-2 and S3 is likely next now) and as for Mexico, they haven't even finished S yet and those Talk Boxes has taken WAY too long to come out.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I wonder if Viz will release the movies and specials all in one set or will they do one set for the movies and a separate release for the specials and mini-movies?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
I wonder if Viz will release the movies and specials all in one set or will they do one set for the movies and a separate release for the specials and mini-movies?

It would be awful and wasteful to put the specials on 1 release. I'm hoping they'll put the SuperS specials with the first volume of SuperS like they did in Japan, and the movie specials with their respective movies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:03 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
ChibiBoi wrote:
I'm hoping they'll put the SuperS specials with the first volume of SuperS like they did in Japan

Don't be surprised if they don't because nobody else has tried to, both Italy & France released it separately with the former including the movie specials with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:13 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Don't be surprised if they don't because nobody else has tried to, both Italy & France released it separately with the former including the movie specials with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Toei decision, even though it's ridiculous.

Post subject: The New Dub of The Movies!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:44 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Other: Punch it, Chewie!
THERE GOING TO REDUB THE MOVIES IM SO EXCITED THEY COMFIRMED IT IN MOONLIGHT PARTY!!! And they also said it will be in theaters in January!!! I can't wait!!

ImageImage Image

Post subject: The New Dub of The Movies!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:44 am 
inactive
THERE GOING TO REDUB THE MOVIES IM SO EXCITED THEY COMFIRMED IT IN MOONLIGHT PARTY!!! And they also said it will be in theaters in January!!! I can't wait!!

ImageImage Image

Post subject: Re: The New Dub of The Movies!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:46 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
That is great news, and Make Up! Sailor Sensei.

Only disappointment they didn't get Brain Beacock back to voice Fliore, I mean if you really want to stay true to the Japanese, the Japanese brought back Ali and An for voice actors for the movie, I wish they did the same, but Ben Diskin is an excellent actor.

Last edited by zttmoon on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:47 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They said they were going to dub the movies when they first announced they had Sailor Moon. The theater treatment is new. That's interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:51 am 
inactive
SnowWolf wrote:
They said they were going to dub the movies when they first announced they had Sailor Moon. The theater treatment is new. That's interesting.

Oh I didn't remember saying that but, I probably missed it

ImageImage Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:58 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SnowWolf wrote:
They said they were going to dub the movies when they first announced they had Sailor Moon.

Yes but Viz never specified when they would get around to dubbing the movies. Viz officially announced that Sailor Moon R The Movie will be released in theaters nation wide in early January. Which is amazing news cause when does an Anime get that kind of treatment! Especially an Anime film that is attached to an Anime series AND that was released almost 20 years ago .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:00 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
ZetusMoon wrote:
SnowWolf wrote:
They said they were going to dub the movies when they first announced they had Sailor Moon.

Yes but Viz never specified when they would get around to dubbing the movies. Viz officially announced that Sailor Moon R The Movie will be released in theaters nation wide in early January. Which is amazing news cause when does an Anime get that kind of treatment! Especially an Anime film that is attached to an Anime series AND that was released almost 20 years ago .

Well let's see Naruto: The Last, Boruto the movie, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
zttmoon wrote:
That is great news, and Make Up! Sailor Sensei.

Only disappointment they didn't get Brian Beacock back to voice Fliore, I mean if you really want to stay true to the Japanese, the Japanese brought back Ali and An for voice actors for the movie, I wish they did the same, but Ben Diskin is an excellent actor.

I was expecting Brian back as well. I'm hoping Viz at least tried to reach out to him and he was simply unavailable to return. however, Diskin sounds like he will be great!

There was no doubt Viz would get the movies, but I was with everyone and expecting it after StarS. Charlene said it would have a HD master. Here's hoping it's a Toei remaster and not another Viz remaster.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:03 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

PokemonBWDub wrote:
Charlene said it would have a HD master. Here's hoping it's a Toei remaster and not another Viz remaster.

No Blu-ray in Japan and there's no way in hell they would give Viz the 35mm film so....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:09 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Because this is also relevant to this thread too...

Post subject: Viz Dub of the Movies
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like that they announced it so round-about.

"We're introducing a new voice actor!"

*Some on twitter are disinterested*

"He plays Fiore! In the movie coming to theaters!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:21 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:

PokemonBWDub wrote:
Charlene said it would have a HD master. Here's hoping it's a Toei remaster and not another Viz remaster.

No Blu-ray in Japan and there's no way in hell they would give Viz the 35mm film so....

Actually, this clip looks pretty on-par with Toei's HD remasters of the TV series. It looks 10x better than Viz's crap TV series release though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:49 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Was not expecting this at all. It was a pleasant surprise to see we're getting the movies sooner than I realized. (especially after the lack of dub episodes this time around) I'm particularly excited about the theatrical release and dub of the Make Up! Sailor Soldier special.

Ben Diskin playing Fiore is a surprise though. I figured he was going to be voiced by someone who hadn't been in Sailor Moon yet with the talk of a new actor. But he should be good in the role, so I have no complaints.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:14 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Cat
In theaters ?? Wow. I'd rather see it subbed but getting to see it on the big screen might be too much to pass up. Cool!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:19 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hopefully Eleven Arts is partnering up with Fathom Events. We'd get it at the theater I work at, just like both DBZ movies, Boruto, Digimon Tri, Yokai Watch, and (next month) Spirited Away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
They also said on twitter they're working on plans to put both dub and sub versions in theaters. Also, if they're releasing one movie at a time, I wonder if the movie special will be included in this release.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:45 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
ChibiBoi wrote:
They also said on twitter they're working on plans to put both dub and sub versions in theaters. Also, if they're releasing one movie at a time, I wonder if the movie special will be included in this release.
Dub AND sub releases? Isn't that a little excessive?

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next