Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: List of English Sailor Moon Books?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:59 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I was wondering if someone could give me a list all of the Dic/Cloverway era English Sailor Moon books. I already own the scout guides, the Meet Sailor Moon picture book, and I know about the Tokyopop manga.

Post subject: Re: List of English Sailor Moon Books?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
I was wondering if someone could give me a list all of the Dic/Cloverway era English Sailor Moon books. I already own the scout guides, the Meet Sailor Moon picture book, and I know about the Tokyopop manga.

Friends & Foes is the #2 book to the Meet Sailor Moon book. A shame there aren't more.
There's the Role Playing Resource book from Guardians of Order.
Sailor Moon Play a Sound book (though it's nothing special)

Do you have Warriors of Legend? (shameless plug)

None of the movie books were translated, nor the anime comics, or season by season encyclopedias like in Japan.

NA fans pretty much got the shaft.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:24 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Aren't there like 4 chapter books by Scholastic that tell the Doom Tree saga? And aren't they like seven other SMILE novels? I have book three Mercury Rising. And what were the other companion books to the RPG book?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tokyopop released a series of novels based on the first 24 episodes of the original TV series. I haven't read them in ages, but they included episodes that were omitted from the English dub. There were a lot of lame pop culture references left in. Tokyopop also translated the Sailor Moon fanbooks, which they called the "Scout Guides". The translations were horribly sloppy and unprofessional. Maybe even worse than how they handled the manga.

And yes, Scholastic did release a novelization of the "Doom Tree" arc. They only did a few episodes, they were geared to a much younger audience than the Tokyopop novels.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Umino wrote:
Tokyopop released a series of novels based on the first 24 episodes of the original TV series. I haven't read them in ages, but they included episodes that were omitted from the English dub. There were a lot of lame pop culture references left in. Tokyopop also translated the Sailor Moon fanbooks, which they called the "Scout Guides". The translations were horribly sloppy and unprofessional. Maybe even worse than how they handled the manga.

And yes, Scholastic did release a novelization of the "Doom Tree" arc. They only did a few episodes, they were geared to a much younger audience than the Tokyopop novels.

What are the names of the SMILE novels and the Doom Tree arc books?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SMILE Novels:

A Scout is Born
The Power of Love
Mercury Rising
Mars Attacks
Eternal Sleep
Scouts on Film
Cell Mates
Diamonds Not Forever

Scholastic Books:

The Return of Sailor Moon
Sailor Scouts Unite!
The Power of Friendship
The Doom Tree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:49 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Thanks Umino. I plan on collecting all of the old English dub books. I own all the scout guides, Mercury Rising, and the big Meet Sailor Moon book. Does anyone know what the companion books to the Roleplaying guide were called?