* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon R Cups Set
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Got this for Christmas back when I was 8, was trying to find out the value of this set or if anyone had any information on them

Attachments:
untitled (15).png
untitled (15).png [ 573.96 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
untitled (14).png
untitled (14).png [ 652.35 KiB | Viewed 716 times ]
untitled (13).png
untitled (13).png [ 647.9 KiB | Viewed 725 times ]

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon R Cups Set
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kerryb1989 wrote:
Got this for Christmas back when I was 8, was trying to find out the value of this set or if anyone had any information on them

It's uncommon to see a set like this from Animation International, which means with all the stuff on the box about it and the logo sticker, it's a licensed item and it came from Hong Kong. Many people think Animation International makes bootlegs but they are a licensor of stuff from Japan when these were made. I have a Ranma 1/2 notebook that was made by them. The thing look out for are the bootleg glasses with Sailor Moon on them without the company name or Naoko's name on the box or incorrect colors.

The glasses appear to have all the correct colors - it would be nice to see if there was similar markings on them as on the box in regard to company names and Naoko's as well.

Having the box at all is a plus - I would recommend that if you ever sold this set to not break it up. As long as the glasses have no cracks or chips, and the printing on the glasses is pristine, that's good. Condition is everything. If they were never used, even better.

The main question is - can you verify when it was made? Sailor Moon R items were made in 1993 in Japan; this might have been made in 1994 depending when Animation International got their license for making Sailor Moon goods. I have no idea when they got it.

As far as value, I wouldn't know without more info. Glasses (or tumblers as some might call them) aren't exactly a hot collector's item as most gravitate to toys and such. If I had to put a quick value on them, I'd say at least $10 per glass ($50 for the set). If there were more photos of the box (like the bottom) even if they weren't exciting, they help estimate the value.

If it's not causing you pain or discomfort from owning this set, it's not a bad idea to just keep it, and because it's a glass item, safely stored away and protected.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
$50-$65USD is about what you can expect to get from this set.

I've never seen it sell for more.

*Asking prices are different than what they actually sold for*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Thanks for the help! I was just curious since it wasnt a Bandai product, the box says 1992 as the copyright but if I'm not mistaken there may be some writing on the glasses I'll check when I get home later.