Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: First time buying from YJA - Help!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Hi all.

I'm buying from Yahoo Japan Auctions for the first time, using the bidding service 'From Japan'. Items are held in their warehouse for 30 days so that they can be grouped into one shipment. Cool.

My problem is that my 30 days are expiring now. Like, today. And when I went to select all my items for shipping, they told me they must be shipped in two separate parcels. Apparently there was an issue with my 'state' (Provence) being abbreviated vs spelled out causing the site to think I had two separate shipping addresses. I guess.

The customer service has been helpful. They told me to give me all the info and they'd correct the issue and send everything together. Which would be great, except even though it's Friday morning for me, it's Friday night in Japan and they are now closed for the weekend.

My question to you, fellow shoppers (especially those who have experience with 'From Japan') is: do I select my items for shipping now in two seperate parcels? Or do I bite the 100 yen/per day/per item penalty for exceeding 30 days? Which, over the weekend, will amount to about an extra $70 Candian? What option will be least expensive? (Or do you think From Japan will wave the 30-day-extension fee in this case?)

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Post subject: Re: First time buying from YJA - Help!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Why did you use the service "From Japan" for Yahoo Auctions Japan? They have one called "Buyee" which I've used twice so far. They ship immediately on receipt of payments for shipping (They bill your credit card immediately on the end of an auction which could cause problems if you hit a couple that end as soon as you bid on them in quick succession), and even though Buyee charges a bundling fee, you do end up saving overall on shipping, which is EMS.

30 days is a long time to wait, which is why I wouldn't use the service you signed up with.

Though you're having items sent to Canada and your postal customs people can be thieves. I'd say have the items sent in 2 packages which would increase the chances of 1 package getting through unopened. Complain loudly and immediately if anything is missing.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
Why did you use the service "From Japan" for Yahoo Auctions Japan? They have one called "Buyee" which I've used twice so far. They ship immediately on receipt of payments for shipping (They bill your credit card immediately on the end of an auction which could cause problems if you hit a couple that end as soon as you bid on them in quick succession), and even though Buyee charges a bundling fee, you do end up saving overall on shipping, which is EMS.

30 days is a long time to wait, which is why I wouldn't use the service you signed up with.

Though you're having items sent to Canada and your postal customs people can be thieves. I'd say have the items sent in 2 packages which would increase the chances of 1 package getting through unopened. Complain loudly and immediately if anything is missing.

Thanks for your response. I chose From Japan after some research and recommendations from other collectors. I might check out your suggestion in the future.

As for customs stealing things... that's not an issue. My concern is which choice is more expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
blueroseglitter wrote:
MrShoujo wrote:

Thanks for your response. I chose From Japan after some research and recommendations from other collectors. I might check out your suggestion in the future.

As for customs stealing things... that's not an issue. My concern is which choice is more expensive.

Personally, I'd go with Rinkya, as they hold for 3 months if you plan to buy little by little, then ship one big box. Just a suggestion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]