Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Posts: 23
Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?

I know they made Neo Queen Serenity. And a Princess Serenity dress. I didn't think they ever made a Princes Serenity doll, but then I saw this:

http://avaneshop.deviantart.com/art/Sailor-Moon-Serenity-Japanese-Doll-332764152

If this is legit, does anyone have any info on this doll, especially the year and what the box looked like? I've never come across another one.

I'm thinking the doll in the link is another model, perhaps slightly customized and wearing the official dress. But I'd like to know for sure. Any info anyone has would be great! Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3537
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
Bandai Japan, no, according to my knowledge.

Giochi Preziosi (Italy), Irwin Canada, and Bandai America produced versions of Princess Serenity (as seen in the first season of Sailor Moon).

_________________
Visit Clow's shop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:55 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 05, 2013
Posts: 124
That is NOT official. The dress is, the doll is, but the Princess Serenity doll idea itself is not official. Bandai Japan or Asia never made a Princess Serenity doll.

That looks like a SuperS doll customized with a crescent moon on a forehead, or a nude Eternal Sailor Moon doll.

There was an official Serenity dress set. Which I do own.


As Lantis already said, "Giochi Preziosi (Italy), Irwin Canada, and Bandai America produced versions of Princess Serenity (as seen in the first season of Sailor Moon)."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Posts: 23
Thanks, both of you!

I'm relieved, actually. If a Japanese PS doll existed, I'd have to own her NOW. Haha

In addition, don't forget Germany (Igel) produced a Princess Serenity doll too. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 05, 2013
Posts: 124
Igel Germany NEVER made a Princess Serenity doll. They did, however, make a Princess Serenity doll outfit. But never an actual Princess Serenity doll. Someone is selling a Sailor Moon doll boxed IN the princess serenity dress, but it isn't an actual official Princess Serenity doll. All the materials are official though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:58 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 12, 2012
Posts: 1069
Location: In your head
Gender: Female
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
nitzcn wrote:
Igel Germany NEVER made a Princess Serenity doll. They did, however, make a Princess Serenity doll outfit. But never an actual Princess Serenity doll. Someone is selling a Sailor Moon doll boxed IN the princess serenity dress, but it isn't an actual official Princess Serenity doll. All the materials are official though.


Igel made the creepiest SM Doll.

Image

_________________
Image
I am but a simple flower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Posts: 23
Lol ^

I know the Igel dress exists. But are you sure there was never a doll wearing it? This site seems to think there was:

http://www.catzia.com/sailor_moon_private_collection.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 05, 2013
Posts: 124
blueroseglitter wrote:
Lol ^

I know the Igel dress exists. But are you sure there was never a doll wearing it? This site seems to think there was:

http://www.catzia.com/sailor_moon_private_collection.htm


Careful, pay extra attention to their wording. They are saying the doll is authentic, and so is the dress, but the "Serenity" doll itself was never released by Igel Germany. They aren't claiming specifically that "Princess Serenity" is an authentic doll by Igel. Just the dress and doll are. People use certain wording to make it seem one way without backlash if people mistaken the meaning. Technically speaking, everything about it is authentic, but there isn't an official single "Princess Serenity" release.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Posts: 23
nitzcn wrote:
blueroseglitter wrote:
Lol ^

I know the Igel dress exists. But are you sure there was never a doll wearing it? This site seems to think there was:

http://www.catzia.com/sailor_moon_private_collection.htm


Careful, pay extra attention to their wording. They are saying the doll is authentic, and so is the dress, but the "Serenity" doll itself was never released by Igel Germany. They aren't claiming specifically that "Princess Serenity" is an authentic doll by Igel. Just the dress and doll are. People use certain wording to make it seem one way without backlash if people mistaken the meaning. Technically speaking, everything about it is authentic, but there isn't an official single "Princess Serenity" release.

:)


Okay, that's really good to know.

I actually have an 'Igel Princess Serenity'. I got her on ebay not too long ago- maybe that's the one you lot were referring to. I negotiated the asking price down a bit, so I feel like I got a fair deal. But now I'll categorize her differently on my collection page (check it out here, if you want: http://marieprairie.livejournal.com/).

I'll probably end up collecting the Bandai dress one day as well, and displaying it on an extra Japanese Sailor Moon, similar to the one in my original question. I just love the Princess/NQS dolls so much. ^_^

Thanks for the info!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has Bandai Japan ever produced a Princess Serenity doll?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 12, 2012
Posts: 1069
Location: In your head
Gender: Female
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
nitzcn wrote:
blueroseglitter wrote:
Lol ^

I know the Igel dress exists. But are you sure there was never a doll wearing it? This site seems to think there was:

http://www.catzia.com/sailor_moon_private_collection.htm


Careful, pay extra attention to their wording. They are saying the doll is authentic, and so is the dress, but the "Serenity" doll itself was never released by Igel Germany. They aren't claiming specifically that "Princess Serenity" is an authentic doll by Igel. Just the dress and doll are. People use certain wording to make it seem one way without backlash if people mistaken the meaning. Technically speaking, everything about it is authentic, but there isn't an official single "Princess Serenity" release.

:)


I'm mad at you. you best get on soon.

_________________
Image
I am but a simple flower


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator