* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FIGURES, KITS, FIXUP ETC. <3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Hey everyone.

I am opening up commissions again for painted and assembled resin kits, models, figures, and more! I also do restorations/fixups!

Examples of my work:

www.nitzsalesm.weebly.com

Other sm sales:

www.handsomehenshin.ecrater.com

Important:

If you want me to paint and assemble a kit or figure from scratch, you must order it and provide it to me.

You are responsible for shipping anything to me to have work done on it, and shipping back to you.

Feel free to ask about pricing and any other questions you may have. :)

I have been active in the selling and buying fandom for a very long time. 100% honesty and reliability.

Post subject: Re: FIGURES, KITS, FIXUP ETC. <3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 34 months ago
inactive
Dear god I would buy almost everything you have ! Lol.

I'm gonna dig through my kits and see which SM ones I have. Your painting skills are very nice, TOTALLY UNLIKE Yeti art which just trashes the crap out of theirs with gloss and blotched eyes :|

Anime fan dating site

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:59 pm 
inactive
Chibi Chibi Unlimited wrote:

I'm gonna dig through my kits and see which SM ones I have. Your painting skills are very nice, TOTALLY UNLIKE Yeti art which just trashes the crap out of theirs with gloss and blotched eyes :|

I'll gladly paint and assemble whatever you want me to :) I hope we can do business together soon.

Thanks so much for the kind words! <3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:52 pm 
inactive
nitzcn wrote:

I'll gladly paint and assemble whatever you want me to :) I hope we can do business together soon.

Thanks so much for the kind words! <3

Here we go found my box, had these since 2007 I believe.

Attachment:
File comment: Kits
kits.jpg
kits.jpg [ 74.55 KiB | Viewed 4632 times ]

I THINK I MAY have a kaiyodo of the 1/4 SM w/ her wand but could be wrong, if not I'll probably buy one and send it your way if things go well. For the time being I'd love to start w/t he eternal sailor moon one on the top center.The example pic is amazing! for it.

Anime fan dating site

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 am 
inactive
Sounds great. Will send you a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:45 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Two Eternal Sailor Moon kits? Of the SAME kit? Wow. I recently completed one of those myself. I really hope the brittle wings aren't broken on your kits. I also had to look for something that replaced the red thingies (ribbons?) that hang down. Some pieces of kits just aren't included - I had to do something similar for the Sailor Saturn kits I've worked on. The top of her staff was tricky - I had the kit I worked on for about a year before I realized how it went together, and then you have to keep track of the 2 little micro-wing pieces that go on her arms. They look like the pins that go on top of her head, but go on little indentations on her arms. Also had to use a coffee stirrer for the longer shaft part of her staff. Hopefully your kits have better production molding - I think she's supposed to look like she's standing upright, and mine came off looking like she's leaning slightly forward and taking a step. Easily enough compensated to counter it so she's more upright.

The main trick is painting her hair - I used a transparent yellow over a white primer coat. It came off as a nice bright yellow, a color suitable for Usagi's hair. It took enough coats.

For a nice effect, I used a pearlized white on the white body parts.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:05 am 
inactive
nitzcn wrote:
Sounds great. Will send you a PM.

Thanks, responded !

MrShoujo wrote:

Two Eternal Sailor Moon kits? Of the SAME kit? Wow. I recently completed one of those myself. I really hope the brittle wings aren't broken on your kits. I also had to look for something that replaced the red thingies (ribbons?) that hang down. Some pieces of kits just aren't included - I had to do something similar for the Sailor Saturn kits I've worked on. The top of her staff was tricky - I had the kit I worked on for about a year before I realized how it went together, and then you have to keep track of the 2 little micro-wing pieces that go on her arms. They look like the pins that go on top of her head, but go on little indentations on her arms. Also had to use a coffee stirrer for the longer shaft part of her staff. Hopefully your kits have better production molding - I think she's supposed to look like she's standing upright, and mine came off looking like she's leaning slightly forward and taking a step. Easily enough compensated to counter it so she's more upright.

The main trick is painting her hair - I used a transparent yellow over a white primer coat. It came off as a nice bright yellow, a color suitable for Usagi's hair. It took enough coats.

Very nice, and sorry to hear about the parts, I"ll have to take mine apart and verify myself. For the longest time in japan I wanted to go out and learn what the best types of paints etc were, and or find a group to work on models with , just never got around to it and don't wanna screw up something that seems to be rare. The aim is to get it as professionaly done as possible.

Anime fan dating site

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
MrShoujo wrote:

God, you're so hot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:57 pm 
inactive
I finished painting my first kit. I think she's really pretty, I believe I may have used the wrong paint for her skin. I don't know much about models. For me, it's just a stress relief. However, I really really like her, janked up, or not. Moving on, the paint I used did not leave the desired "glossy" effect. I have other kits and this one, because there were few pieces, and not hard to assemble at all.

~~~False, her hair is so long it had to come in two pieces per pony tail.~~~

She didn't align up perfectly, like most figures, but she was pretty ☹ decent. I one had a model (which was my first purchased model) so messed up, so awful, I chucked it in the trash and didn't look back.

What kind of paint would you guys suggest for future models, and currently a "glossy" paint for me to go over this one's skin with.
As for her hair, I painted it gold, and I. am. in. love. with. it. It's shiney and beautiful. Gold-gold isn't very Princess Serenity, but I'll post a photo below and maybe you can see why I did it. Then, I used a pearl white color for her shoulder shells (what are they even...), shoes, and hair pearls.

Even if it ended up being a total bust, she only cost me /25/ dollars, vs 58 on ebay.

Model:

*From Google

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
Daisy wrote:
I finished painting my first kit. I think she's really pretty, I believe I may have used the wrong paint for her skin. I don't know much about models. For me, it's just a stress relief. However, I really really like her, janked up, or not. Moving on, the paint I used did not leave the desired "glossy" effect. I have other kits and this one, because there were few pieces, and not hard to assemble at all.

She didn't align up perfectly, like most figures, but she was pretty ☹ decent. I one had a model (which was my first purchased model) so messed up, so awful, I chucked it in the trash and didn't look back.

What kind of paint would you guys suggest for future models, and currently a "glossy" paint for me to go over this one's skin with.
As for her hair, I painted it gold, and I. am. in. love. with. it. It's shiney and beautiful. Gold-gold isn't very Princess Serenity, but I'll post a photo below and maybe you can see why I did it. Then, I used a pearl white color for her shoulder shells (what are they even...), shoes, and hair pearls.

Even if it ended up being a total bust, she only cost me /25/ dollars, vs 58 on ebay.

Model:

*From Google

OMG WHERE DO I FIND THAT MODEL?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:15 am 
inactive
daiyanissa wrote:
Daisy wrote:

Model:

*From Google

OMG WHERE DO I FIND THAT MODEL?

Unsure. I've had this for ages.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Daisy wrote:
I finished painting my first kit. I think she's really pretty, I believe I may have used the wrong paint for her skin.

DecoArt's Americana line of paints has a color called "Flesh Tone." I've used it on all my kits so far. It dries with a realistic finish for skin.

Quote:
the paint I used did not leave the desired "glossy" effect. I have other kits and this one, because there were few pieces, and not hard to assemble at all.

Looking at the photo, is the dress made of fabric?

Quote:
She didn't align up perfectly, like most figures

It's all in the preparation and fitting of the parts. Drilling holes for the metal armature and filler putty as needed, and then fine grit sanding to blend it. 80% of kit building is preparation of the surface and test fitting everything. :)

Quote:
I once had a model (which was my first purchased model) so messed up, so awful, I chucked it in the trash and didn't look back.

Awww... I could have saved it. But you have to start learning somewhere!

Quote:
Even if it ended up being a total bust, she cost me only /25/ dollars, vs 58 on ebay.

My first kit ever was a Korean-recast Elfin vinyl kit of Kei from Dirty Pair. $10 at a comic book show. The trickiest part was one of her wrists. I wish I had taken photos of the parts before and after puttying and sanding. It turned out really nice.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 am 
inactive
MrShoujo wrote:
Daisy wrote:
I finished painting my first kit. I think she's really pretty, I believe I may have used the wrong paint for her skin.

DecoArt's Americana line of paints has a color called "Flesh Tone." I've used it on all my kits so far. It dries with a realistic finish for skin.

Quote:
the paint I used did not leave the desired "glossy" effect. I have other kits and this one, because there were few pieces, and not hard to assemble at all.

Looking at the photo, is the dress made of fabric?

Quote:
She didn't align up perfectly, like most figures

It's all in the preparation and fitting of the parts. Drilling holes for the metal armature and filler putty as needed, and then fine grit sanding to blend it. 80% of kit building is preparation of the surface and test fitting everything. :)

Quote:
I once had a model (which was my first purchased model) so messed up, so awful, I chucked it in the trash and didn't look back.

Awww... I could have saved it. But you have to start learning somewhere!

Quote:
Even if it ended up being a total bust, she cost me only /25/ dollars, vs 58 on ebay.

My first kit ever was a Korean-recast Elfin vinyl kit of Kei from Dirty Pair. $10 at a comic book show. The trickiest part was one of her wrists. I wish I had taken photos of the parts before and after puttying and sanding. It turned out really nice.

Her dress is fabric. I think I will go and look into DecoArt's paint.

What kind of putty do you use to fill things in? I honestly just used a mix able resin and it was pretty okay, but I think putty would be better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
do you do doll hair restorations?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 am 
inactive
daiyanissa wrote:

I do not. I might learn one day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:12 am 
inactive
nitzcn wrote:
daiyanissa wrote:

I do not. I might learn one day.

This is something I'd like to learn to do, myself. However, I wont dare practice on a Sailor Moon doll. I'll go get a cheap doll from k-mart, whose eyes are painted on wrong, and go to town.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I have always admired the work of the artists who paint those models. Great work.

How much do you cost in total to have a finished product (unpainted model included)?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:02 pm 
inactive
Lantis wrote:
I have always admired the work of the artists who paint those models. Great work.

How much do you cost in total to have a finished product (unpainted model included)?

For averaged sized models I charge about $90-120 depending on how simple or intricate the kit is. Shipping varies depending on where I am shipping to.

Also, I do not provide the kits. The person who wants me to do a commission for them has to have a kit purchased already and shipped to me.

I also charges less if the kit is smaller or less detailed. Also worth mentioning is I trade commissions for items only on my wishlist.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm 
inactive
nitzcn wrote:
Lantis wrote:

For averaged sized models I charge about $90-120 depending on how simple or intricate the kit is. Shipping varies depending on where I am shipping to.

Also, I do not provide the kits. The person who wants me to do a commission for them has to have a kit purchased already and shipped to me.

I also charges less if the kit is smaller or less detailed. Also worth mentioning is I trade commissions for items only on my wishlist.

c-chan, i'm mad at you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 am 
inactive
Elysium wrote:
nitzcn wrote:
Lantis wrote:

c-chan, i'm mad at you.

*cough* Someone is not on Skype during her usual hours. P-:

I'm waiting for you. :ninja:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:49 am 
inactive
nitzcn wrote:
*cough* Someone is not on Skype during her usual hours. P-:

I'm waiting for you. :ninja:

i WAS drawing. ;.; I'm on now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My question was: if I bought an unpainted model, and wanted to do the job myself, how much I would cost buying the required materials. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am 
inactive
Lantis wrote:
My question was: if I bought an unpainted model, and wanted to do the job myself, how much I would cost buying the required materials. :)

Uh, it really depends on what the model is, how many colors, your type of paint, paint brushes or air brush, your resin, if you have a drill and plan to pin, sand paper, etc.

Uh, it's not a cheap project!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:16 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Sounds fun, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:14 pm 
inactive
Lantis wrote:
Sounds fun, though.

Oh, it really is. I didn't think I'd be the type to ever do more than one model kit. They're addicting, though.

Do you have a Michael's or some sort of craft store near by? I use Acrylic paint and brushes. They come in pearl, matte, metallic, etc. Michael's acrylic paint is decent priced. Though, if you can find a better deal online, go for it. Just a suggestion! Pick a model that has as few pieces (and as cheap) as possible. That way you only need a few colors and see how you like it.

What I'm going to link you to is a guide to help you with supplies and cost. It's also a really nice tutorial! This chick's videos are incredibly helpful and useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQXJBO6kokU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:39 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Thanks for the reply, Daisy. :)

Right now I am busy, but once life gets calmer I will order the cheapest unpainted model I find online & apply the techniques shown in the video above.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm 
inactive
Lantis wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Daisy. :)

Right now I am busy, but once life gets calmer I will order the cheapest unpainted model I find online & apply the techniques shown in the video above.

Sounds good!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
So I looked at your photos

Annnnnndddd

Omg

My jaw dropped.
I love your creativity on your artworks.
Simply gorgeous.

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ive always wanted those model/kits. But I cann't paint at all. lol..