Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Do You Know Anyone Offline Who Are Big Anime Fans?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I had a best friend way back in my high school days who was a pretty big anime fan and we used to talk about our favorite anime a lot. I haven't seen her in ages so I don't know if she's still into anime. I have some casual acquaintances I know that are casual anime fans but we don't hang out much and whenever I do talk to them, anime is something that never gets brought up. About the only person I know offline currently who is as big of an anime fan as I am is my cousin but they're more into the more long running shonen action anime like One Piece and Gundam and I'm more into the shorter 12 to 26 episode types of anime shows. I did turn my mother into a big Sailor Moon fan and she loves the show a lot, but about the only other anime I've shown her is stuff like Ghibli movies and I've shown her a few episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura but she hasn't seen much else. But it seems like most of the people I know who are as big of diehard anime fans as I am are from online. Most of my offline friends and family know I love anime but it's not something that's made a big deal out of Still, it would be nice to have an offline friend who was also a diehard anime fan. Do you have any offline friends and family members who are also big anime fans or are you the only one you know who is crazy about it?

Post subject: Re: Do You Know Anyone Offline Who Are Big Anime Fans?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:37 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: just forum married
I only had a friend at middle school.She was a big fan of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and we were discussing about animes/mangas a lot.I had several at the elementary school,too.I haven't met anyone else since high school

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:33 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Summertime Senshi
I had school friends who during recess we'd discuss various anime [especially those on Toonami ]including SM
this was during the 90s so it was the dic dub that we talked about as we didn't see the original then
but I have seen other anime subbed in the 90s since I'd rent a lot and even buy tapes
$30.00 + for 4 eps of an anime :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: ah the 90s

sigh: yes we also used to play games based of our favorite shows and one of them was SM and I was chiba [Rose wasn't created yet :P and I wanted Usagi aka Serena so I swallowed my pride and became capeboy ] :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Well does manga count? I don't know many people offline . My best friend who is interested in Japanese culture . Loves manga, and has a big manga collection. Part of the reasons e came friends we talk about anime.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I wonder why it's always hard to find anime fans offline? There's clearly a lot and you don't have as much trouble finding fans of other geeky hobbies like fantasy books or video games and comic books but it's kind of sad I've only met like two people offline in my lifetime that are diehard anime fans.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I wonder why it's always hard to find anime fans offline? There's clearly a lot and you don't have as much trouble finding fans of other geeky hobbies like fantasy books or video games and comic books but it's kind of sad I've only met like two people offline in my lifetime that are diehard anime fans.

Because anime why popular i still niche thing in America. There s only 15 million anime fans out of over 300 million in America

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:21 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I have some. One of my best friends collects gunpla and I met him at a store that sells it