* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Americanized Death Note
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
:ohmy: :googly: :ohmy:

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

Last edited by rgveda99 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Americanized Death Note
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Saw that. Takes place in the city I'm from which is cool but it really doesn't look that good. Light looks like a school shooter ._.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
My sister's boyfriend's older sister did the casting for this. Anyhow, I'm kinda excited for this. XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The special effects and cinematography look kind of low budget. The casting doesn't look much like the anime to me. It also seems like they're placing more emphasis on over the top action scenes than the cat and mouse psychological game of the original. Hopefully Ryuk will at least look good but I'm skeptical of this so far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Looks kind of terrible... but maybe it will be better than it looks? ^_^'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:39 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
as expected, it doesn't look all that good or interesting so I have low expectations for this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:27 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I don't mind that they're heavily adapting the appearance of the actors. The live action Japanese film tried to emulate their original appearances very closely and it looked kind of ridiculous in live action (although the films themselves were pretty darn good).

That being said, I haven't seen anything in the trailer that's motivated me to subscribe to Netflix or watch the show. It reads a lot like a cosplay trailer or fan project more than it does a professional adaptation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
I don't mind that they're heavily adapting the appearance of the actors. The live action Japanese film tried to emulate their original appearances very closely and it looked kind of ridiculous in live action (although the films themselves were pretty darn good).

That being said, I haven't seen anything in the trailer that's motivated me to subscribe to Netflix or watch the show. It reads a lot like a cosplay trailer or fan project more than it does a professional adaptation.

I mean yah movies are adaptations not cosplay.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Its a Netflix production, so it has to be good. Though, if you compare it with the original, it will suck. But for american standarts, it will be a great movie.

Last edited by MoonRaito on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MoonRaito wrote:
Its a Netflix production, so it has to be good. Though, if you compare it with the original, it will suck. But for american standarts, it will be a great show.

That is got to be the most realistic way to look at this movie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:12 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not enough for me to get a Netflix account but I would buy if it ever got a disc release.

Already seen both movie & J-drama adaptations, both which had their differences from the manga and were still not that bad (not counting L Change The WorLd, that one was trash) so I won't crap on this one just yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
My sister's boyfriend's older sister did the casting for this. Anyhow, I'm kinda excited for this. XD

They were in charge of casting ? :ohmy:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
It'd be nice if this remake could encourage somebody to rescue license the Japanese live action movies and maybe the J-drama for home video release. I assume money must be the main issue because those movies have been out of print for far too long.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
It'd be nice if this remake could encourage somebody to rescue license the Japanese live action movies and maybe the J-drama for home video release. I assume money must be the main issue because those movies have been out of print for far too long.

Didn't Viz already released Japanese live action movies ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:29 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
imaginationgirl wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Didn't Viz already released Japanese live action movies ?

They did but they let the licenses expire in around 2014. They still have the manga & anime but the films are gone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Listen I don't' understand the complaint about changing the location to seattle ? I mean this is an american version, and Death Note does not need to be set in Japan. It's not that kinda story that is build around Japanese culture .. As a person who look up the culture , and has best friend who grew up studying it. Its structure a can take place any where .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Haven't watch it but I heard that Season 1 was great and Season 2 in the anime sucks. :googly:

So it should diverge from the source material in a lot of ways but still sticking to the core of what makes it Death Note. ^_^

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I just don't understand why they're trying to cram it all into a single movie instead of doing it as like a 12 episode series like their other Netflix originals.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:
I just don't understand why they're trying to cram it all into a single movie instead of doing it as like a 12 episode series like their other Netflix originals.

This is only going to be base on the first 5 volumes of the manga. Just like the first movie