* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: one character dislike
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:38 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
One thing dislike is Minako portrayed as the dumb Blonde stereotype. I don't know if that was by design or not, but nonetheless it was something that always bothered me.

Post subject: Re: one character dislike
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:06 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
:P An extremely boring character belonging in an already boring crossover series. P-:

So boring that I needed to post a youtube video of something totally random to counter the character's extremely boring properties.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
rgveda99 wrote:
:P An extremely boring character belonging in an already boring crossover series. P-:

I assume you haven't read the manga or seen the OVAs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:35 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
For some reason it doesn't bother me that much - she has potential to be lots of fun, and even a little bit interesting. Not as interesting as her manga counterpart though.

So much was left a mystery when they first introduced her, but then they had to fill in those blanks for the Doom Tree story and they somehow stuck with people I guess.

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:

He's like my third favorite anime/manga character, period. lol :lol:

I agree with Clow, if you think he's boring, it may be because you're only familiar with him through the anime as opposed to the manga/OVAs. The anime was pretty lackluster, and the manga eventually became too convoluted for my taste... but Fay is still a complex and entertaining character (to me).

But to each their own, of course. :p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yes. I only know him from the anime series which you've described lackluster. He barely shows any kind of emotion in that adaptation.

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:12 am 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
Yes. I only know him from the anime series which you've described lackluster. He barely shows any kind of emotion in that adaptation.

He does shows emotion in the anime. He teases Kurogane all the time and loves and wants to protect Sakura. I have a fan theory that CLAMP envisioned Kurogane and Fai as Syaoran and Sakura's guardians, with Kurogane being the father and Fai being the mother.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Clow wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

He does shows emotion in the anime. He teases Kurogane all the time and loves and wants to protect Sakura. I have a fan theory that CLAMP envisioned Kurogane and Fai as Syaoran and Sakura's guardians, with Kurogane being the father and Fai being the mother.

So he only shows 2 kinds of emotions where he teases and wants to protect Sakura throughout the entire series? :P

And that pretty much what he's good for to an already snorefest series. :yawn:

His fight scenes are just awful barely having any kind of emotion in an actual fight other than him smiling like a walk in a park. :yawn:

After debating about this I feel like watching a very good quality Korean movie. The kind of movie that shows so many emotions. Not this maltreated uninspired cash cow series from CLAMP. And that name CLAMP is expected to deliver a quality series to a powerhouse crossover cast.

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 am 
inactive
Clow wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

I agree. I mean, it is pretty blatantly set up this way. Among Fay and Mokona's teasing nicknames for Kurogane are references to him having a fatherly role in their group. Kurogane is about as hypermasculine as you can get - and while I wouldn't say that Fay is feminine, he is certainly the "mother figure" of the group. In Oto Country, while Kurogane trains Syaoran in sword fighting, Sakura picks up skills from Fay when he runs a café. Kurogane cares deeply about his "family," but Fay is more nurturing and sensitive. Likewise, while Fay is a competent fighter himself, that is more Kurogane's area of expertise. That isn't even getting into the fact that CLAMP strongly implies that they are each other's "special person" (albeit, without clearly defining their relationship, so fans draw different conclusions).

@rgveda99 The first season of the anime doesn't even get halfway into the storyline, and as far as I know, the second season went in a completely different direction. (Despite being a fan of the manga at the time, I couldn't bring myself to finish the anime.) All of the main characters undergo significant character development, though I would say the change is most dramatic in Fay and Kurogane. You only ever saw the mask Fay uses to keep the other characters at arm's length. While I was already intrigued at that point in the story because he made enough slips to reveal pieces of who he was underneath, I can't recall if the anime was as deft in its depiction of the character. (It was over a decade ago that I watched it.) However, Fay's a very emotional character and exhibits a broad range of emotions. The series truly puts him through the wringer. We are operating with two different understandings of the character, though, so I can sort of understand where you're coming from even if I disagree with you. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Nerina wrote:
@rgveda99 The first season of the anime doesn't even get halfway into the storyline, and as far as I know, the second season went in a completely different direction. (Despite being a fan of the manga at the time, I couldn't bring myself to finish the anime.) All of the main characters undergo significant character development, though I would say the change is most dramatic in Fay and Kurogane. You only ever saw the mask Fay uses to keep the other characters at arm's length. While I was already intrigued at that point in the story because he made enough slips to reveal pieces of who he was underneath, I can't recall if the anime was as deft in its depiction of the character. (It was over a decade ago that I watched it.) However, Fay's a very emotional character and exhibits a broad range of emotions. The series truly puts him through the wringer. We are operating with two different understandings of the character, though, so I can sort of understand where you're coming from even if I disagree with you. :)

Well you can blame CLAMP for making a poor adaptation. :ohdear:

If you ask me, this series needed someone crazy like Shiho from My-Hime. :mischief:

At least with :usagi: Crystal I can still enjoy it despite its so many flaws. :innocent:

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 am 
inactive
@rgveda99 I blame Bee Train for a poor adaptation, and CLAMP for the convoluted manga storyline. Honestly, my favorite thing to come out of the whole mess is Fay and Kurogane, as well as the "family dynamic" discussed previously. It was also admittedly fun to see AU versions of favorite characters, and there was a lot of great stuff that came out of fandom at the time. I loved the series for a while, which is why it ultimately was a bit of a disappointment to me. Nevertheless, I'm still reading Tsubasa World Chronicle (the sequel), because I really do love those characters. lol (And I still love CLAMP, despite my disappointment in some of their more recent work and their unfortunate pattern of leaving series incomplete.... -__-)

I've never seen My-Hime, so that reference went over my head.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Nerina wrote:

She's a crazy selfish manipulative little girl who would do almost anything to get and keep his man toy like most jealous girlfriends do in real life.

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Nerina wrote:
@rgveda99 I blame Bee Train for a poor adaptation, and CLAMP for the convoluted manga storylin.

^This. CLAMP disowned the anime because Beep Train didn't follow the manga accurately.

While the second season isn't as great as the manga, it is cute. Kero and Mokona singing together. :kero:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Clow wrote:
Nerina wrote:
@rgveda99 I blame Bee Train for a poor adaptation, and CLAMP for the convoluted manga storylin.

^This. CLAMP disowned the anime because Beep Train didn't follow the manga accurately.

Then why don't they make a new one?

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
Clow wrote:
Nerina wrote:

Then why don't they make a new one?

They are mangakas, not animators. =^_^=

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:07 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Clow wrote:

And why are they investing on another Sakura anime sequel and not Chronlcle of the Wing? :innocent:

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
Clow wrote:

And why are they investing on another Sakura anime sequel and not Chronlcle of the Wing? :innocent:

Although "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" has sold over twenty million manga volumes in Japan and has been extremely well received in North America and abroad, it simply is not as popular as "Cardcaptor Sakura."

Sakura Kinomoto, as a character, is very much beloved by the public. A poll conducted by Newtype (famous Japanese magazine) revealed Sakura as the 4th most popular anime character in Japan from the 1990s. Furthermore, let's not forget that "Cardcaptor Sakura" celebrated its 20th anniversary last year. To celebrate the 20th anniversary, the original anime was re-broadcasted in Japan through NHK, a line of clothes and other products based on the manga/anime was released, and guess what...? Everybody bought "Cardcaptor Sakura" merch.

I do not personally think that "Cardcaptor Sakura" is the best manga CLAMP has created, though. It is the most popular, for sure (and I do like it); however, it is not as artistic, poetic, chaotic and/or thought-provoking as "xxxHolic," "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles," "Tokyo Babylon," and "Magic Knight Rayearth." In my opinion, even unfinished CLAMP titles, such as "X," are better than "Cardcaptor Sakura."

By the way, since we are talking Sakura Kinomoto, here is a cameo of the actual Sakura Kinomoto in "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles":

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:42 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
I always hated Chibiusa. She's such a malicious character.

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:-volution

YKYWTMSMW Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 am 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
Nerina wrote:

She's a crazy selfish manipulative little girl who would do almost anything to get and keep his man toy like most jealous girlfriends do in real life.

Ah, a yandere... I'm not actually a fan of that trope, but I suppose some people might have found that an interesting addition. However, two of the main characters -

Create more than enough conflict (video clip), I think...

Spoiler: show
[Click to view full image.]

(Warning: Those are spoilers.)

@Clow On a related note, I caught up on the rest of Tsubasa World Chronicle earlier today. I don't really know what to think of the storyline as a whole, but there were some funny/cute moments, including this adorable "family" moment:

Spoiler: show

Awww. :love:

Clow wrote:
I do not personally think that "Cardcaptor Sakura" is the best manga CLAMP has created, though. It is the most popular, for sure (and I do like it); however, it is not as artistic, poetic, chaotic and/or thought-provoking as "xxxHolic," "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles," "Tokyo Babylon," and "Magic Knight Rayearth." In my opinion, even unfinished CLAMP titles, such as "X," are better than "Cardcaptor Sakura."

I agree. Cardcaptor Sakura is super adorable and I'm enjoying the sequel, but I'd have to go with Tokyo Babylon as my favorite. (I'm also a fan of X, and I'd like to see the conclusion of Legal Drug/Drug & Drop.... someday. o.o)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:50 am 
Planeta
Planeta
@Nerina: I like that CLAMP defies the convention of "boys' manga" and "girls' manga." Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is a "boys' manga," but like you mentioned above it has cute and adorable moments. "X," on the other hand, is a "girls' manga" beautifully drawn in shoujo style, and yet it is filled with action and blood --not to mention the gory and gruesome deaths.

I really like "X" and I would love to see it finished. If I recall correctly, CLAMP decided to stop the series after the editor of the magazine (Monthly Akusa; a shoujo manga magazine for teenage girls) complained that the story was becoming too violent. But, hey, at least "Tokyo Babylon" got completed and we have the "X" anime, which provides a conclusion for the story and has the most gorgeous animation I have seen to date.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:23 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
redblade7 wrote:

me personally I always loved Chibi-Usa (especially when Stephanie Beard voiced her) don't know why but I enjoyed her fights with Usagi (adding those to Crystal would've made the series more fun for me) if I hated anything it was Rei she was a good character but they could've dialed down her temper a few notches she could be set off by the smallest things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:23 am 
Stella
Stella
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Judge of the Nights
I used to love chibiusa when i was a child,then i hated her for awhile and now i like her :) but black lady was better,wish she always stayed that way :)

Cardcaptor Sakura is my all time favorite,but i don't enjoy the sequel.Stopped reading after arc 4.What I want a sequel for is Magic knight rayearth :ohdear:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:48 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I *love* the Rayearth OVAs. Reimagining of the story.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:04 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
I remember one. Kenpachi.

Bleach's Wolverine Broly fusion who goes :twisted: almost every single time.

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
I remember one. Kenpachi.

Bleach's Wolverine Broly fusion who goes :twisted: almost every single time.

lol actually Kenpachi was a fan favorite character I thought he was ok personally my favorite bleach character is a toss up between Orihime Inoue and Yoruichi I felt bad for Orihime and Yoruichi was just an awesome character

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
I liked that you used this word. ^_^

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
lol actually Kenpachi was a fan favorite character

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:54 am 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
I liked that you used this word. ^_^

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
lol actually Kenpachi was a fan favorite character

you must really hate Kenny :lol: :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:58 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Yes I do. :evillaugh:

See more sprites at

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:12 am 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Yes I do. :evillaugh:

only bleach character I truly hated was Aizen stabbing Momo was such a douche move (wanted to say a different D word but the censors wouldn't allow it :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 am 
Stella
Stella
I do like that his outfit kind of favors the Shitennou rgveda99.

redblade7 wrote:

She is hardly malicious she can be bratty but she can also be nice and sweet. Hell Usagi and Rei can be every bit as bratty and mean as her. If you want to talk malicious there are many characters who could fit this bill but not Chibiusa. Rubeus is malicious, Wiseman is malicious, Mistress 9 is malicious, Mary Burroughs from Clock Tower is malicious, The Joker is malicious. Chibiusa doesn't even qualify.