Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Can anyone tell me how the schedule is?
Does it come weekly or bi-weekly??
My sister wants to know, but I really can't tell her, because I don't have any informations...
Thank you ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:47 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^It's weekly but nobody is streaming it so you'll have to wait for someone to post fansubs of it.

There will be some weeks though where there won't be any episodes because of some special event the network will be airing that day. Episode 4, for example, won't be airing next week so we'll have to wait 2 weeks for that one (source).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Okay, I'll tell her.
Thank you =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:47 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Anyone else wonder why they are basically retelling battle of gods just with a few edits here and there :? do you think this series is also gonna retell friezas return as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:18 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
moonman13 wrote:
Anyone else wonder why they are basically retelling battle of gods just with a few edits here and there :? do you think this series is also gonna retell friezas return as well?

Already been confirmed and there will be more.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dr ... ries-plot/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
For those who follow Kanzenshuu, VegettoEX has been posting videos of episodes notes which are very interesting.

Opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhunodZxZUs

Episodes 1-3 (so far):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDW0NAulhQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79M3-u2Avmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwu0Qt5M-A

As for Episode 4, depending on your views of animation, you'll either like or hate this episode.

Screencaps: http://imgur.com/a/Xy36j

Preview for next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5995-TxU-4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Cock au vin
I watched the first episode.

Not bad, we recognize the ambiance of dragon ball. But I'm afraid the animations will be bad.

I laugh so much about the Beerus scene.

"Hmmm this was delicious ! However, I think it's to greasy. This time, I'll just destroy half of the planet."

Put his finger on the table. Half planet destroyed.

xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:45 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Episode 5 just aired and this is the worst animated episode so far which is a ☹ shame because this covered round 1 of the Goku/Beerus fight. I hope it doesn't look this bad when they get to round 2 (which according to this, is in 3 weeks).

Episode staff: http://animatorscorner.com/animation_pr ... isode-7272

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:22 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah. That fight scene was even worse than Crystal. And next episode doesn't look any better.

We need a prayer circle for Digimon Adventure Tri, at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Obviously this is a serious prof that Toei doesn't care at all about his licenses. Even the worst of crystal never reach that, and we're speaking about Dragon Ball here. It's on TV. The most famous anime of the world...
I couldn't believe my eye. It's a shame seriously. At some point I had the feeling to see a cartoon done by fan on YouTube...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What's worse is that this isn't even technically new content. The first arc is a retelling of the Battle of the Gods movie, except with worse animation from the looks of it.* It strikes me as lazy, even lazier than Crystal just following the manga panel-by-panel because at least we've never seen the manga adapted faithfully before.

*I know it will eventually spin off to its own story, but I think it'll be a while before we get anything new considering it's going to adapt the new Freiza movie as well...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:39 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SakuyamonX wrote:
*I know it will eventually spin off to its own story, but I think it'll be a while before we get anything new considering it's going to adapt the new Freiza movie as well...
Ugh, don't remind me. It's bad enough that Super's adapting the fun awesome that was Battle of Gods into an inferior, needlessly stretched out retelling of its events. I positively dread to see how much worse they could make its retelling of Resurrection F be, considering how I started to get bored watching that movie by the time Golden Freeza showed up. Thank goodness Beerus and Whis returned in that movie to lighten things up.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
That was from the begining a very strange choice... retelling in TV anime a story about a very recent movie.... But what I really don't get is the fact that if TOEI has no time to produce good quality episode (like last sunday) why are they simply not using directly scene from the film with minor changes instead of this awfull stuff???

Anyway at least it's reassure me about Sailor Moon Crystal, which was not that much a shame after all...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:47 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
You know, I just realized that we now have both a Sailor Moon Super and a Dragon Ball Super. :whee:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Sabrblade wrote:
Ugh, don't remind me. It's bad enough that Super's adapting the fun awesome that was Battle of Gods into an inferior, needlessly stretched out retelling of its events. I positively dread to see how much worse they could make its retelling of Resurrection F be, considering how I started to get bored watching that movie by the time Golden Freeza showed up. Thank goodness Beerus and Whis returned in that movie to lighten things up.

I haven't watched the movie yet and won't until it's out on Blu-ray but Resurrection F has me curious because I noticed elsewhere that some people are actually looking forward to that arc in Super when they get to it. Were there any problems in the events leading up to the fight in the movie? I know there's Jaco to look forward to (heard good things about him from his one-shot manga & movie appearance) but were there any issues from Goku & Vegeta's side of things that could be fixed in Super?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:25 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I haven't watched the movie yet and won't until it's out on Blu-ray but Resurrection F has me curious because I noticed elsewhere that some people are actually looking forward to that arc in Super when they get to it. Were there any problems in the events leading up to the fight in the movie? I know there's Jaco to look forward to (heard good things about him from his one-shot manga & movie appearance) but were there any issues from Goku & Vegeta's side of things that could be fixed in Super?
I had no problems with anything in the movie that came before the big fight with Freeza and his army started. It's just that when the fight got started and became the primary focus of the film, it just went on for so long and didn't really do anything in concept that hadn't already been done in the series prior that it nearly bored me to death. If it hadn't been for Beerus and Whis coming to Earth in the middle of the fight to further their roles in the story I doubt I could have stood to watch any more of the movie. Those two made the movie for me. Not Goku, not Vegeta, and certainly not the shallow/petty/uninterestingly one-note Freeza, but Beerus and Whis.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Yeah from what I've gathered, Resurrection F is basically just a rehash of the Frieza arc in the original anime - not sure if that's exactly accurate as I have not seen the movie yet.

If it's true though, then when Super covers this arc, we'll get a rehash of a rehash of a rehash. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:21 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
After seeing how underwhelming "F" was, I'm not too excited to see Super. Do any non-Saiyan characters get decent screentime? The writers went so out of their way to write out nearly everyone except Goku and Vegeta in the "F" movie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SakuyamonX wrote:
Yeah from what I've gathered, Resurrection F is basically just a rehash of the Frieza arc in the original anime - not sure if that's exactly accurate as I have not seen the movie yet.

If it's true though, then when Super covers this arc, we'll get a rehash of a rehash of a rehash. :P
It's not really a rehash of that. The gist of it is that Freeza's men have been trying to resurrect him since his death and finally do so after all these years. Then, after Freeza's brought back, he wants to go to Earth to get his revenge on the Saiyans and then destroy Earth, and after some events that lead up to Freeza's big invasion fight, the fight begins and takes up pretty much the rest of the movie, with first his army being fought by the secondary characters and then Freeza himself fought by Goku and then Vegeta.

I use no spoiler tags for that since everything I wrote is pretty much what anyone and their mother could tell what was going to happen just from watching the film's trailer. The film's plot was incredibly predictable for any DBZ-savvy fan to figure out without help.

It's just a barebones, shallow revenge story with little actual substance to it (much like Freeze himself as a character).

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:40 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Decent episode this week...

Spoiler: show
They got rid of the bingo scene but replaced it with something cool so I can let it slide.

http://webm.host/7e47b/ (temporary link, will expire in a few days)

Next week is the "My Bulma" episode, hope they don't screw that up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/08/20/dr ... l-details/

Japanese DVD & Blu-ray box sets announced with 12 episodes each.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:34 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Episode 7 just finished and holy crap was it good.

Yeah I know what happens next but still, legit can't wait for next week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm loving Super so far! Finished episode 8 yesterday and even though I know what will happen, I can't wait to see it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:53 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... con/.92575

Ugh, I'm worried about what they'll do if they have the license for this right now. :|

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Submarine Reflection
I'm still pretty freaked out that all this time, Vegeta had a brother he never mentioned! :googly:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Animation was pretty weak this week but it was only a minor thing otherwise I enjoyed the episode.

EDIT: Animation staff, guess we now have our answer as to why it looked weak.

http://www.animatorscorner.com/animatio ... isode-7346

Last edited by NJ_ on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Moondust wrote:
I'm still pretty freaked out that all this time, Vegeta had a brother he never mentioned! :googly:
Table previously appeared in the "Son Goku & Friends Return" OVA.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Sabrblade wrote:
Moondust wrote:
Table previously appeared in the "Son Goku & Friends Return" OVA.

He was also in the Raging Blast 2 game which I believe was his only other appearance. He was voiced in the game dub by Todd Haberkorn (Viz dub Jadeite) who later went on to voice Jaco in Xenoverse & Resurrection F so we'll be hearing more of him in the future since I believe he used the same voice for both characters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:51 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Well episode 11 just finished and wow, this was a great one.

Staff: http://animatorscorner.com/animation_pr ... isode-7583

Same Animation Director & some of the same animators as the infamous episode 5.

Also...

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/09/09/an ... -schedule/

Judging by the upcoming episodes, it looks like this arc will be over in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:56 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ime/.93369

Quote:
Toei Animation announced on Friday that voice actor Naoki Tatsuta will temporarily replace Jouji Yanami as both North Kaiō and the Narrator in the Dragon Ball Super television anime series. Tatsuta is replacing Yanami so that Yanami can undergo medical treatment. The announcement did not specify the reason for the treatment. Tatsuta will replace Yanami starting with the show's 12th episode, which will air on September 27.

Toei Animation added that the company will take into account Yanami's recovery situation and will discuss with him about when he will return to the role. The announcement added that the entire staff wish Yanami well with his recovery, and they thanked fans for their continued support.

Yanami played both North Kaiō and the Narrator in the Dragon Ball television anime series, the Dragon Ball Z television anime series and films, and in the Dragon Ball GT series as well as in Dragon Ball Super. He has also played Dr. Briefs in the franchise.

Tatsuta is already a veteran actor in the Dragon Ball franchise, having played Oolong in Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan on July 5 as the first new TV anime for the franchise in 18 years.

I shouldn't be surprised but this confirms that Yanami has been sick which was rumored for a while going back to the Resurrection F movie since he wasn't there at all for that one. :sad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next