* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

(screencap from two of Kai's endings)

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/press/2015/04/_730.php
http://www.toei-animation.com/files/Pre ... _ENG_0.pdf

ANN wrote:
Dragon Ball Super, a brand new television anime inspired by Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga, will premiere on Fuji TV and other channels in July. This will be the first new Dragon Ball television series since Dragon Ball GT, which aired from 1996 to 1997.

The story of the anime will take place a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, when the Earth has become peaceful once again. The voice of Goku, Gohan, and Goten, Masako Nozawa commented on the new anime, saying, “We've always used the word 'chō' (Super) with Dragon Ball in commercials, games and the like, but the fact that the series titled Dragon Ball Super is beginning is the best thing ever.”

Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki commented on the new series as well, saying, “As I read the plot [of the series] I've already received from Akira Toriyama, my dreams for this begin to expand. An enemy even stronger than Buu or Freeza may appear...”

Toei's Mitsuaki Kido will serve as the animation producer. Kido entered Toei just as the company was animating the Dragon Ball Z anime's Freeza arc.

A new film taking place after the Majin Buu Saga, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' premiered in Japan earlier this month. The film will eventually screen in 74 countries worldwide. Funimation hosted the North American premiere of the film on April 11 in Los Angeles. The company plans to release the film in more theaters with an English dub this summer.

HOLY CRAP! :eeklez: :eeklez: :eeklez:

Last edited by NJ_ on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm kind of shocked, but it's not too surprising as the films seem to be doing well?

It gives one hope that maybe in 10 years, the next Sailor Moon reboot will feature a proper sequel to the Stars manga, rather than revisiting the Dark Kingdom arc for the 1,000th time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: is this for real????

:ohmy: :ohmy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:48 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Male straight
WHOA MY GAWD!!! Oh man, I can't wait! I really should re-watch DB Z and GT plus the new movie to catch up on things.

I still haven't seen Battle of Gods, but I will now that a new series has been confirmed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
...But we couldn't get a sequel to the original Sailor Moon anime? *cough*

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sure it'll just be more focus on the Saiyan characters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:

Oh. that's too bad.

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:13 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm excited for this. This is how I felt when Crystal was about to air. Let's hope it's a good series!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:16 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/05/03/fi ... tart-date/

Super to (most likely) premiere on July 5th.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Imagine if they decide to have a universal crossover between Super and GT, in which we get two Gokus teaming up to fight an enemy who threatens both post-Z timelines.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
I don't know if you've already seen this, but this is on the official Momoiro Clover Z-YouTube-Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYhAryLnHY

I think that maybe it may become the intro? I like the song somehow... It's quite catychy... There are also a Trailer and a short version for this song... =)

Personally I never liked Dragon Ball that much (I read the manga and I do like Piccolo, though.) but my sisters are excited about this... I think it may be funny to watch it, when it airs... But I think I just sit down in a corner and wait for Crystal to continue. xDD

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:03 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... per/.88325

Quote:
The official website for the upcoming Dragon Ball Super television anime announced the theme song artists on Tuesday. Kazuya Yoshii will perform the opening theme "Chōzetsu☆Dynamic" (Excellent Dynamic) and rock band Good Morning America will perform the ending theme "Hello Hello Hello."

This will be Yoshii's first time performing an anime opening theme song. Yukinojo Mori, who wrote the lyrics for theme songs for several Dragon Ball films as well as Dragon Ball Z Kai, is also writing the lyrics for Yoshii's opening theme.

Good Morning America previously performed the ending theme for the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z Kai. Band member Kanehiro Shingo is writing the lyrics

Dragon Ball Super will premiere on Fuji TV and other channels in July on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. This will be the first new Dragon Ball television series since Dragon Ball GT, which aired from 1996 to 1997. The story of the anime is set a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, when the Earth has become peaceful once again.

Toriyama is credited as the original creator, as well as for "original story & character concepts." Toei Animation's Kimitoshi Chioka (Hakaba Kitarō, Kamisama Kazoku) is the series director, and Naoko Sagawa (Yomiko Advertising, Inc.) and Atsushi Kido (Toei Animation) join Osamu Nozaki as producers. Kido entered Toei just as the company was animating the Dragon Ball Z anime's Frieza arc. Masako Nozawa, the voice of Goku, Gohan, and Goten, is returning for the series.

Toyotarō will draw the manga adaptation in V Jump

A new film taking place after the Majin Buu Saga, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', premiered in Japan last month. The film will eventually screen in 74 countries worldwide. Funimation hosted the North American premiere of the film on April 11 in Los Angeles. The company plans to release the film in more theaters with an English dub this summer.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
gosh I can't wait for the
new dragon ball anime but I disliked the new characters from
from the buusaga

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://sumitomostf2.jugem.jp/?eid=63

Composer confirmed to be Norihito Sumitomo (Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, Kai Majin Buu arc).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:19 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/06/dr ... -revealed/

It's coming! :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:47 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Umino wrote:

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sure it'll just be more focus on the Saiyan characters.

Going back over when you think about it, DBZ was released and RE-Released SOOO Many Times over the last decade with newer and newer dubs, then we got DBZ Kai, a version that was STILL the original Anime but cut down all the Filler to just focus on the main story that was by my account form the main parts of the Manga.

Then we got teases of new material, like the short Brother of Vegita and then the 2 movies Battle of the Gods and Return of Frieza. It took a way long haul and the Original Creator allot of time to wanting to go back onto making NEW DBZ!

Sailor Moon it going threw IMO a similiar process, with a Re-boot going by the Main Manga story, but not just taking the original anime like and cutting it down like DBZ Kai did, but a WHOLE Brand New Anime that was more faithful and looked like the Manga.

With Crystal, the Viz Re-Dub, the New Musicals and a feeling that the Anime Studios now want to do more sequels to their classic animes, I think we CAN Be on the Road to a Sequel to the Orignal Anime!

For me that is my Main Fandom Dream, a Sequel to the 90's Anime Classic, DBZ is doing it and I am HYPED as Hell for that, so Sailor Moon if Pushed right can have similar and seems to have the same things happening to it now that DBZ did just a few years ago. Just Hope Yes, but a good feeling things are in a good direction to say the least. ;)

BTW, Lower the Focus on the SAYIANS ONLY, Get the Humans, Piccolo and Android 18 Back in the Fight with their own MAJOR Power-Ups, otherwise it the Super Series will be Super Repetitive and Boring!

http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Some Cool:

Iron Man 3 - Can You Dig It!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6scEvEJEY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:39 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28i3PGsqeQ

15 second PV from the end of this week's Kai. :dance:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:09 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Is it me or does Goku sound more manly than ever in that preview?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:40 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/

Kanzenshuu wrote:
Toei Animation’s official Dragon Ball Super website has finally been revamped in preparation of the new series’ debut in mere weeks on 05 July 2015. The update includes the first promotional artwork for the series, a few new sections with additional information, and the preview trailer that was broadcast yesterday following Dragon Ball Kai (which is currently not available).

Along with a brief introduction page, a “Staff & Cast” page has also been included amongst the new pages now available on the site, and it is no surprise that Tadayoshi Yamamuro, who worked for many years as character designer and animation supervisor on the Dragon Ball franchise, and more recently served as director and animation supervisor for Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F”, is returning as the series’ sole character designer. No additional staff members have been officially announced as of yet, including a lead script writer, art director, or musical composer, although it was unofficially revealed that Norihito Sumitomo would be returning via his blog.

The majority of the main cast from Dragon Ball Kai and the recent films will be returning, including Yūko Minaguchi (Videl), Kōichi Yamadera (Beerus), Masakazu Morita (Whis), and Jōji Yanami as the series’ narrator, who was recently absent from Revival of “F”.

The new promotional splash artwork features the series’ main characters, the majority of whom are shown in their attire from Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. However, the most intriguing portion of the artwork is a new God of Destruction character, standing back-to-back with Beerus, and spinning the Earth on his finger. Next to him is another new character, presumably his attendant, who is very similar in appearance to Whis. Will we finally be exploring a few of the 12 universes mentioned by Beerus in Battle of Gods? Only time will tell!

Be sure to check back for more details and updates as things ramp up toward the debut of Dragon Ball Super, the franchise’s first new TV series in 18 years, on 05 July 2015!

Yuko Minaguchi's return = Reason to watch subbed before FUNi's dub comes out :dance:

(though I was going to watch Super subbed anyway, her absence from Kai was the main reason I refused to watch the Buu arc)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Oh my Gosh, Piccolo!!! Why are you so hot!!! :love: _______ :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mina Circeni wrote:
Oh my Gosh, Piccolo!!! Why are you so hot!!! :love: _______ :love:
You'd be fried too if you had to wear all those layers of clothing in the blazing sun all day like he does. :tongue:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... led/.89372

Quote:
The August issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is announcing new details about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super television anime series on Saturday.

Dragon Ball Super's story will take place shortly after the decisive battle with Majin Buu, and will contain plot elements that tie it to the recent Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' film. The characters Beerus and Whis will return from the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' films as regular characters in the series.

The magazine also contains a preview of the first episode's story:

"After defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. Ordered by Chi-chi to earn money, Goku works even as he wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten, about to become a brother-in-law to Videl, sets out on a journey with Trunks to find her a present."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:46 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/conten ... ll-super-0

100 episodes according to Toei Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:55 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/19/ne ... ed-champa/

So "Fat Beerus" is named “Champa”, no info on who "Female Whis" is yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/26/ne ... d-preview/

30 second PV 8) :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dr ... ries-plot/

The plot has been revealed......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:26 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm not gonna read any story info and be surprised! Only a few more days!! =^_^=

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:03 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbxNypK6ds
Ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSpgSe7Invg

Watched a stream of it raw and it was actually fun. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Really funny episode!!! But TOEI even with for sure, a 10 time more budget than for Sailor Crystal, didn't really deliver a wonderful animation lol it's look not that much better than Crystal to be honest... :lol:
And if you look Saint Seiya Gold.. :orly:
Anyway I'm so happy I cannot believe that my three favorite anime are again on "air/Internet"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:06 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Best episode confirmed, it's gonna take a lot to top this one. :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:04 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Im really liking the series this takes place before the events of battle of gods i finally figured that out by the episode 3 preview :googly: