* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

Dinosaurs resurrection
ressurrect dinosaurs and make an island dino park 36%  36%  [ 11 ]
leave them extinct and don't mess with nature 63%  63%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Do you think dinosaurs should be resurrected?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:45 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Dinosaurs using door knobs to open doors? It sounds like they have some intelliegences. That explains how the raptors were able to enter the Visitor Centre through the underground tunnel and actually use the elevator to get inside the building in the Jurassic Park game for the SNES. I need to watch the movie again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
WeirdRaptor wrote:
Only if they build on an isolated island in case Newman decides to sabotage the real Jurassic Park, too.

Some dinos can swim, & for those who can't, they could develop the skill or mutate/evolve to possess that ability in time. :)

[EDIT]
Luis wrote:
Dinosaurs using door knobs to open doors? It sounds like they have some intelliegences. That explains how the raptors were able to enter the Visitor Centre through the underground tunnel and actually use the elevator to get inside the building in the Jurassic Park game for the SNES. I need to watch the movie again.

It's been discovered nowadays that some dinos possessed some intelligence, as well as complicated emotions not quite unlike those found in modern mammals (some were even warm-blooded, BTW). :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm 
inactive
I watched the movie and saw the raptor open the door. They had to make it a lever door knob, since Raptors don't have thumps to turn the round one. What I didn't understand about the movie is why did the fat guy did what he did and mess up everything? I didn't get his motive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Luis wrote:
What I didn't understand about the movie is why did the fat guy did what he did and mess up everything? I didn't get his motive.

To get money for embryos of dinosaurs. To get the embryos it was necessary to turn off security systems. He thought he'll leave the island and didn't care what will happen after he leaves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
Luis wrote:
What I didn't understand about the movie is why did the fat guy did what he did and mess up everything? I didn't get his motive.

To get money for embryos of dinosaurs. To get the embryos it was necessary to turn off security systems. He thought he'll leave the island and didn't care what will happen after he leaves.

Have forgotten about that, & can only recall it upon reading that. lol

So the point is still on human flaws, whether they're unintended errors or deliberate crimes. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:05 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
So the point is still on human flaws, whether they're unintended errors or deliberate crimes. :)

In Jurassic park 2 a tyrannosaur ate everybody on board of a ship - including all people between decks and inside captain's cabin. Nevermind the fact that he wouldn't be able to stick his head through steel door frames or walk down stairs to lower decks, to start with. I think the main point is that Jurassic park has about as much to do with reality and real dinosaurs as Godzilla.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

In Jurassic park 2 a tyrannosaur ate everybody on board of a ship - including all people between decks and inside captain's cabin. Nevermind the fact that he wouldn't be able to stick his head through steel door frames or walk down stairs to lower decks, to start with. I think the main point is that Jurassic park has about as much to do with reality and real dinosaurs as Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hLNQ#t=39s

I hated this scene.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

That can only show that the movie has made its point badly w/ its badly written, unrealistic plot/example. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: Mysterious2098Face
only if I can have my own T-Rex to command and to chase chiba with :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Prince Rose wrote:
only if I can have my own T-Rex to command and to chase chiba with :D

That'd need to take another step after resurrecting the dino - the planting of electronic devices & chips into its brain. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Though a ressurection Jurassic, Triassic Park would be excellent it would have to be domed. Because in most cases no matter the secirity there is always something that will fail, releasing Dinosaurs back into the world all over.

It would be an amazing feature yes, but you can't sterilize them all. otherwise they die out again and same problem, no park, dead dinosaurs. So they would have to be able to reproduce.

Even just a few could repopulate a long gone dino period.

Amazing Idea yes. For study. But highly dangerous just like adding snakehead fish into rivers and pirsnha into the U.

On another note in all technicalities there are some very large oceanic dinosaurs still in dxistence just not found completely yet such as loch ness monster and meditteranean monster. (Look up Lost Tapes episodes from scifi)

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
I think it would be better to make sure currently endangered species like Pandas, Polar Bears, Sloths, etc. are saved from extinction before we try to make a real life Jurassic Park.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 pm 
inactive
That's crazy to think about resurected them... Humans always want to be over God or anything with science...
Our Earth is overpop by humans and we are unnable to keep alive animals, every years there is species who are in instinction.
Humans take too much territories and we want to bring back alive giant reptils???
Some humans are more crazy than I believed... :dead:

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rakiko wrote:
Humans always want to be over God or anything with science...

Thanks to science humans learned to cure plague and cholera. If God put these remedies into our hands via science, how do you know it's not his will that humans also should attempt to resurrect dinosaurs?

More importantly, how do you know that it's not those Christians who preach in God's name about what humans should and shouldn't to do, who actually try to put themselves above him?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm 
inactive
Oh Mara of course science has made wonderful things, I'm watching science reports on tv, but when it is about create lifes including humans procreation I'm against that and all form of that.
Anyway our opinion are always personal point of view of the question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rakiko wrote:
science... when it is about create lifes including humans procreation I'm against that and all form of that

Why?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 am 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rakiko wrote:
science... when it is about create lifes including humans procreation I'm against that and all form of that

Why?

Humans are destroying this planet and species, how they can decide to create artificial lifes.
Because they taking all the ressources, they think they have rights on everything... so much than humans are always taking more and more place .
It is so crazy to encourage human procreation when there is too much humans.
How seriously we can think about create those artificial lifes in a world with an overpopulation.
Before that number of life was normal and genetic manipulation brings always very big problems like very big animals, twins anyway for me it is just an error...
Humans should never have right on everything. I will always be against that, so you can desagree, but it is my opinion :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:32 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
I understand what you're saying, Rakiko. We don't own the planet, but we act like we do.

Like I said before, we haven't taken care of the Earth like we should be, and, as wonderful as science is, I feel like we're procrastinating when it comes to the really important issues, like global warming, the many amazing and wonderful endangered animals we can save, helping to cure/help more conditions and illnesses, and many other things.

Dinosaurs went extinct in a time when the world was completely different from how it is now. We should focus on the ones that we can still save.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rakiko wrote:
Humans are destroying this planet and species, how they can decide to create artificial lifes.

People can't create life because they are eliminating life? Where is logic in this sentence? It makes as much sense as saying that you have no right to eat because you are dying from hunger (?) Why, they should create life exactly because they spent too much time in the past destroying it. Creating is opposite of destroying.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I think we should create Ultraman 1st. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 am 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rakiko wrote:

People can't create life because they are eliminating life? Where is logic in this sentence? It makes as much sense as saying that you have no right to eat because you are dying from hunger (?) Why, they should create life exactly because they spent too much time in the past destroying it. Creating is opposite of destroying.

Anyway when dinosaurs were alive, humans were not on Earth yet, they came after.
The actual society is not made for live with monsters and life create by science ...are realy bad mutating and the science itself does'nt know every risk and yet has made big errors and don't control it.
There is a lot of documentary about the dangerous sides of genetic manipulations, so most of people don't want to know ...they prefer believe what they want and what medias want .

We don't have to create what we have destroyed we should don't destroy anymore and it will be the first step.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Rakiko wrote:
There is a lot of documentary about the dangerous sides of genetic manipulations, so most of people don't want to know ...they prefer believe what they want and what medias want .

Are you saying you understand that your fear is based not on logic or knowledge, but on believing whatever media want you to believe? Or you just typed "so" instead of "but" thus giving your sentence the opposite meaning? :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
When the technologies are there, they'll be applied by someone somewhere sooner or later, legal or illegal, for good or for bad, so arguing about whether that should be done seems irrelevant in light of that. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
I do understand part of Rakiko's argument. The earth is so crowded, it is a wonder if we should be creating new creatures that don't belong for the fun of it. But then again, some experiments that are done just for the wonder of them, have had positive side effects.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I do understand part of Rakiko's argument. The earth is so crowded, it is a wonder if we should be creating new creatures that don't belong for the fun of it. But then again, some experiments that are done just for the wonder of them, have had positive side effects.

I can see one positive side effect in that the carnivorous dinos would eat up quite a number of humans to make the Earth less crowded, tho. :cool:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:07 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Or... The precedent could lead us to creating a species designed to devour the world's malaria-carrying mosquito population and then self-destruct.

I once heard that aside from population control, mosquitoes contribute nothing to the ecosystem. I find that statement a bit questionable, but interesting...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 am 
inactive
If there's any species that needs to be extinct, it's bed bugs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Large birds have always creeped me out (heck, birds in general kinda do as well). The last thing I want is one the size of my house.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I once heard that aside from population control, mosquitoes contribute nothing to the ecosystem. I find that statement a bit questionable, but interesting...

They contribute to circulation of chemical elements between swamps/ponds/plants/animals. For instance, a mosquito larva feeds in a swamp, then flies out of it as an adult mosquito, and eaten by a bird. That birds gets chemical elements it couldn't extract out of a swamp otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Maraviollantes wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

They contribute to circulation of chemical elements between swamps/ponds/plants/animals. For instance, a mosquito larva feeds in a swamp, then flies out of it as an adult mosquito, and eaten by a bird. That birds gets chemical elements it couldn't extract out of a swamp otherwise.

Are there no other insects that fulfill this purpose?