Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184
 Post subject: Hi my name is angie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:51 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Hi! People can call me Angie. Not my real name but who cares? I'm in my 30's. I've been a fan since I first saw the old DIC episode Time Bomb. I now own all the viz manga of Sailor Moon, plus I own the viz dvds of the first season, second season, part 1 of S and the first 2 seasons of Crystal since they are all dubbed. I will buy the new dub of the R movie April. Viz is much better than DIC or CWI. Those 2 dubs were terrible!

Post subject: Re: Hi my name is angie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:20 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lingering Spirit
Swan Cat wrote:
Hi! People can call me Angie. Not my real name but who cares? I'm in my 30's. I've been a fan since I first saw the old DIC episode Time Bomb. I now own all the viz manga of Sailor Moon, plus I own the viz dvds of the first season, second season, part 1 of S and the first 2 seasons of Crystal since they are all dubbed. I will buy the new dub of the R movie April. Viz is much better than DIC or CWI. Those 2 dubs were terrible!

Welcome aboard !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Meme expert supreme
Swan Cat wrote:

Hello and welcome - enjoy your time here!

Also, I'm personally preferenced to the subbed version myself :3

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
Swan Cat wrote:

welcome ;)

Post subject: Re: Introductions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Ancient spirit
Welcome! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:52 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Judge of the Nights
Welcome to the forum :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: GottaCatch'emAll
Swan Cat wrote:

Welcome Swan Cat, I'll just call you swan :ohmy:

I too began with the dic dub and I checked out the viz and I do prefer it, dic is nostalgic to me but viz sweeps the floor with it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Other: Novice Senshi
G'day, I'm Chris Sifniotis and I'm from Australia. :)

I decided to join even though I've never been in a Sailor Moon forum before. ^_^' I've loved the Sailor Moon anime since the first series back in the early 90s. Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever saw and it was the one that during my youth made me want to draw manga art, but actually doing it would take a long time to achieve.

In fact it would be an entirely different type of art that would begin my fanart for Sailor Moon. Between 2006 and 2008 I was a popular and very active contributor on deviantArt, posting fractal art - fractals are essentially complex mathematical graphs found in chaos theory, a form of university grade mathematics. For the most part my fractal art is based solely around the idea of expressing music in a visual form largely because the music I listened to was - and still is - a lot of ambient electronica. In fact I often quote my all time favorite musician Jean Michel Jarre's line 'I want people to see my music.' However it was one piece in particular that drew a lot of attention and positivity.

Spoiler: show

'Sailor Moon - Oxygene 8' was a fractal piece I created simply because I felt the music paired well with the Sailor Moon anime in general. The response was so positive it became my most famous piece and it became the reason I'd keep going to do more fractal art, it's a pastime I still do today. My fractal fanart of Sailor Moon didn't stop there; I created fractal tiaras for the scouts such as for Usagi, Rei and Michiru, and adding fractal backgrounds to coloured linearts - the most popular of these were for Ami and Rei although looking back now the colouring of the lineart really isn't great. ^_^' Eventually I did learn to draw in the manga style but it was never very good, I drew very basic frontal drawings of each of the civilian characters with fractal tiaras such as for Usagi, Mina, and Michiru as well as Princess Serenity.

Nowadays I recently decided to return to deviantArt and pick up where I left off, relearning how to draw manga again and hopefully get much better at it. However one of the motivating factors for joining here is also the fact that I only learned three or four weeks ago that Sailor Moon is actually back in the Crystal series. :dead: My head exploded when I saw that news. Since then I've been trying to look for any DVDs of the new series, one of the unfortunate disadvantages of being in Australia is that the manga culture is nowhere near as massive as, say, in the US. In the meantime I'm posting a fanfiction of Sailor Moon revolving around the lives of the now women and their children 25 years into the future - i.e. the present day - as well as recreate my Sailor Moon - Oxygene 8 piece to commemorate both 25 years of Sailor Moon and 40 years of Oxygene.
Sailor Moon - Oxygene 17 | Oxygene 17 - 'Oxygene 3' by Jean Michel Jarre

Anyway, that's enough about me. :happy:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Interesting visual maths. :cool:

Welcome here, Chris! :keke:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
chrissifniotis wrote:

I decided to join even though I've never been in a Sailor Moon forum before. ^_^' I've loved the Sailor Moon anime since the first series back in the early 90s. Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever saw and it was the one that during my youth made me want to draw manga art, but actually doing it would take a long time to achieve.

In fact it would be an entirely different type of art that would begin my fanart for Sailor Moon. Between 2006 and 2008 I was a popular and very active contributor on deviantArt, posting fractal art - fractals are essentially complex mathematical graphs found in chaos theory, a form of university grade mathematics. For the most part my fractal art is based solely around the idea of expressing music in a visual form largely because the music I listened to was - and still is - a lot of ambient electronica. In fact I often quote my all time favorite musician Jean Michel Jarre's line 'I want people to see my music.' However it was one piece in particular that drew a lot of attention and positivity.

'Sailor Moon - Oxygene 8' was a fractal piece I created simply because I felt the music paired well with the Sailor Moon anime in general. The response was so positive it became my most famous piece and it became the reason I'd keep going to do more fractal art, it's a pastime I still do today. My fractal fanart of Sailor Moon didn't stop there; I created fractal tiaras for the scouts such as for Usagi, Rei and Michiru, and adding fractal backgrounds to coloured linearts - the most popular of these were for Ami and Rei although looking back now the colouring of the lineart really isn't great. ^_^' Eventually I did learn to draw in the manga style but it was never very good, I drew very basic frontal drawings of each of the civilian characters with fractal tiaras such as for Usagi, Mina, and Michiru as well as Princess Serenity.

Nowadays I recently decided to return to deviantArt and pick up where I left off, relearning how to draw manga again and hopefully get much better at it. However one of the motivating factors for joining here is also the fact that I only learned three or four weeks ago that Sailor Moon is actually back in the Crystal series. :dead: My head exploded when I saw that news. Since then I've been trying to look for any DVDs of the new series, one of the unfortunate disadvantages of being in Australia is that the manga culture is nowhere near as massive as, say, in the US. In the meantime I'm posting a fanfiction of Sailor Moon revolving around the lives of the now women and their children 25 years into the future - i.e. the present day - as well as recreate my Sailor Moon - Oxygene 8 piece to commemorate both 25 years of Sailor Moon and 40 years of Oxygene.

welcome to the site :oh: :cookie:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
welcome to the site :oh: :cookie:

:eeklez: COOKIE! P-: Omnomnomnom! :circles:

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Hello there! I'm Sailor Moon and I found this forum through Google search while searching for sailor Moon forums and decided to sign up for this one. I've watched Sailor Moon back when it was airing on Toonami in the US and I am now rewatching the entire series again almost 20 years later.

I am also a member of some Pokemon forums and I am a moderator at one of them as well.

Anyways it's nice to meet you all! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
welcome to the site have a cookie :cookie: :cookie:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
G'day, welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
chrissifniotis wrote:

Nice to meet you! By the way, we have another Chris on here.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Nice to meet you! By the way, we have another Chris on here.

Heh, all good. At work we have three Chris' and my extended family has like ten Chris'.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:58 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
welcome to the site have a cookie :cookie: :cookie:

chrissifniotis wrote:
G'day, welcome to the forums.

Thank you! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184