Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
my SMDS3 dosen't work. when I try too start it, a window pop up saying "Failed to load game data. File seems corrupted."
I had played It one time before and it worked perfectly that time.
I downloaded it again and tryed to play it but it didn't worked, it was the same problem.
but the other 2 smds works fine so, whats the problem ? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:28 am 
maskeraderosen wrote:
my SMDS3 dosen't work. when I try too start it, a window pop up saying "Failed to load game data. File seems corrupted."
I had played It one time before and it worked perfectly that time.
I downloaded it again and tryed to play it but it didn't worked, it was the same problem.
but the other 2 smds works fine so, whats the problem ? :(

Did you extract the archive fully somewhere and then run the game from there, or did you try to run it directly from within the zip file?

EDIT: Nothing wrong with the archive; it's working just fine. :wink: Remember to extract it to a location, then run it from there. NOT from within the archive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:20 pm 
inactive
SGradeFreak wrote:
Did you extract the archive fully somewhere and then run the game from there

Yes I did, but it didn't worked. it was the same problem :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
maskeraderosen wrote:
I had played It one time before and it worked perfectly that time...

I consider that to be a sure indication that the problem occured with your PC, not with the game :(
Maybe you should try system restore to revert the changes on your PC that were made (since the time you played the game and it worked) and one of which, probably, caused the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:33 pm 
maskeraderosen wrote:
SGradeFreak wrote:
Did you extract the archive fully somewhere and then run the game from there

Yes I did, but it didn't worked. it was the same problem :(

And the other two are still working? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:04 pm 
inactive
SGradeFreak wrote:
And the other two are still working? :?

Yes, i dont have any problem with them.

And how did I do a system restore?
can you do that in Windows 98?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 pm 
No, you can't use System Restore in 98. :(

... Wait a sec. :shock: Anton, does GM 7 support Win 98??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:04 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SGradeFreak wrote:
... Wait a sec. :shock: Anton, does GM 7 support Win 98??

It's supposed to work under Windows 2000, Me, XP, and Vista only. But didn't maskeraderosen say it worked at first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
Anton, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say that Game Maker isn't compatible with Vista?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Demonic Sailor Moon wrote:
Anton, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once say that Game Maker isn't compatible with Vista?

Game Maker 7 > Windows 2000, Me, XP, Vista;
Game Maker 6 > Windows 98SE, 2000, Me, XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:32 pm 
inactive
Anton-P wrote:
It's supposed to work under Windows 2000, Me, XP, and Vista only. But didn't maskeraderosen say it worked at first?

yes, it worked for me at first and it's strage that I had played it on windows 98 before when I am not suposed to play it at all. :?

I guess I can't play it again until I format my harddrive or something, :cry:, I really like the SMDS games!

Post subject: Dating Sims games ^^
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 am 
Anou ...
I was wondering How you made the dating sims game ^_^
I am just trying out with Game maker 7 and I was so happy when I get an Sprite just get move right XD
But ehmSince I saw the dating sims and liked it I was wondering how you made them ' :oops:
I actually want to make something like that :oops:
And the way how it is May be helpfull for other games too . So I hope I may know how it was made ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:47 pm 
Michiko (that's your name, yes? :oops: ),

these will get you started. ^_^

http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

For advanced tuts,

hit http://gmc.yoyogames.com/, the GM forum, to seek help.

Post subject: Re: Dating Sims games ^^
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Michik0san DESU wrote:
Anou ...
I was wondering How you made the dating sims game ^_^
I am just trying out with Game maker 7 and I was so happy when I get an Sprite just get move right XD
But ehmSince I saw the dating sims and liked it I was wondering how you made them ' :oops:
I actually want to make something like that :oops:
And the way how it is May be helpfull for other games too . So I hope I may know how it was made ^_^

There is quite a few useful tutorials for GM (check links above). I can share the source code for any SMDS game with you, but you probably would need to learn basic operations, actions etc. used in GM first.
Also, if you actually are going to make a game, probably it would make sense to start from something simpler than a dating sim. I think it's better to make a smaller yet complete game, than start a large project and abandon it half way through (like 90% of Sailor Moon fan game projects end up :( ) And later, when you have some experience with GM already, you can always start to work on a dating sim game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 am 
Arigatou gozaimashita ^^
Its helpfull
yes I knoW I need to try outthings first :oops:
But I am A person who Always do the hardest thing first xD
well anyway
thank you verry much ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:03 pm 
inactive
I just want to say that I tested my SMDS3 today and it works now,
mabye it's beacuse I defragmented my harddrive yesterday, but I don't know. but I am glad that I am able too play it again, yippie! :D
(and I still use win98 :wink: )

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Dating Simulator 3 - Released!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:39 pm 
I need help

I downloaded this simulator cause I know the others don't work on vista however. It doesn't open
I extracted the whole file and it doesn't open either, but when I tried opening directly form the zip file
I can see the logo but it freezes up and I get the note that the program is not working properly. Please help!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Somei_Bunny wrote:
It doesn't open
I extracted the whole file and it doesn't open either, but when I tried opening directly form the zip file
I can see the logo but it freezes up and I get the note that the program is not working properly. Please help!!

It certainly isn't supposed to work when started directly from zip archive. What, specifically, does happen when you run it after unpacking archive?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:14 pm 
It doesn't do anything. I click on the .exe and it doesn't do anything

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Guest wrote:
It doesn't do anything. I click on the .exe and it doesn't do anything

I'm afraid I have no idea then, sorry. Exe starting to run from inside of zip archive and refusing to start after being extracted is something I hear about for the first time in my life.
There are a few professional game hosting websites (like softpedia, freewarefiles.com, and more) that I sent SMDS games to and that test all submissions before publishing, and none of them find any errors in these games :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 104 months ago
inactive
Thanks for all your help
I redownloaded and unzipped and it works now and I LOVE IT :love:
I hope to see more of them soon! ^__~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 111 months ago
inactive
well, even though it's a very simple game and i'm a little too old to it :)
there's something not ideal :D

1 - no options for sound! well, i don't like that music very much, at least compared to smvc or anything like that. and sometimes sound is annoying, too. when winamp playing it sounds... strange) why not to fix it?

2 - sometimes questions are repeated) three or four times asked about libra)

but! i enjoyed this one veeeery much! :wink:
most of the SM games are fighting-based. ridiculous, they're more boring than just dialogs)

i think its a good one! thank you very much.

ps i dont know why i've got registered here :)
just to say hello, maybe :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:06 pm 
I just have to ask - has anybody ever accomplished his mission in winning Minaco´s heart?
I just always fail :(
What should I do?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
TURBO wrote:
ps i dont know why i've got registered here :)

What if it was Neo Queen Serenity who, according to her own plans she has for all moonies, picked you and brought here to continue development of the SMDS game series and, apart from fixing mentioned by you issues, to introduce the rest of Sailor senshi into the game as well? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
Okay, I registered because I need some help winning Minako's heart. It's getting kind of tiring to flatter her at every turn and lavish her with gifts (That 35,000 zenny or whatever Diamond Ring is not cheap) only to become the best friend emotional tampon type.

1. I think the game might be glitched. The timer runs during the beginning part when it flips the cards around, meaning that by the time I get the chance to move, it's already to 15 seconds. It might be impossible to get an A (I finished at 35 seconds and zero mistakes and still got a B). Speaking of which, how do these games work in regard to the final score? I played a game on the first day, got a B. Never did any beyond that. My score at the end for games was a -10 or a -30, I forget what. Those are some harsh standards.

2. Any advice regarding the gifts? I got one gift for Minako - a Diamond Ring - and got a score of -10 or -30 at the end. What the hell? That cost me 35,000. Not sure why that would get me into the negatives.

3. What score do I need to win Minako's love? The highest intimacy score I ever got was a 195, though I think that might have been brought down by the games and gifts stats.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Dr. Casey wrote:
...I need some help winning Minako's heart. It's getting kind of tiring to flatter her at every turn and lavish her with gifts (That 35,000 zenny or whatever Diamond Ring is not cheap) only to become the best friend emotional tampon type.

I think that's what sometimes happen in real life, too :D

Dr. Casey wrote:
1. I think the game might be glitched. The timer runs during the beginning part when it flips the cards around, meaning that by the time I get the chance to move, it's already to 15 seconds. It might be impossible to get an A (I finished at 35 seconds and zero mistakes and still got a B). .

It's not a bug, it's a feature. You have to solve it faster than 30 sesonds for "A" score. I know for sure that several people did it, so it's certainly possible. Just a matter of practice, I think.

Dr. Casey wrote:
3. What score do I need to win Minako's love? The highest intimacy score I ever got was a 195, though I think that might have been brought down by the games and gifts stats.

You are very close. 220 points.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:03 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
The matching game is hard, but this is still a good game. By the way, you need 221 points to win. I have lost on 220.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 106 months ago
inactive
Wow! Fun and NEAT!!!
Thank you for posting about this!
Wonderful! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
I think a shell game would make a good puzzle for one of these dating simulators.

Post subject: Sailor Moon Dating Simulator 1 ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
It will be a little offtopic, but I'll ask anyway...

Anton/Maraviollantes, why the winning in puzzle game ("a" category) gives minus 30 points anyway (at the game end) (or the one winning is not enough)? With this thing, it is nearly impossible to win Minako's love... Also there is low quantity of dates... (As for Usagi it was OK, but that thing was the same - minus 30 points)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next