Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
The new sprites for Ami looks better, she does look more youthful.

Great job as usual!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 70 months ago
inactive
All I have to say is...AMAZING!!!

You guys have done such an AMAZING job on this project. I love what you've done with the graphics. I just don't know how you guys did it. As a fellow programmer I am aware of the time and energy it REALLY takes to make a video game. Keeping in mind all of the different factors, playability, fun, time, graphics, sounds, music, and most importantly STORY! I'm really excited to see your guys' first BETA release, if you don't have it already. I would also love to be a BETA tester for this game, since I have a background with video game design, I could give you some really great insight, and bug detections. :) Let me know if you need someone, I'm down.

Besides that, really great work! I wouldn't spend too much time editing the sprites so much, just trust that it will turn out perfect, and the details can be ironed out later, such as the character screens and fighting screens. I would just focus on the background grahpics, the story, the dialogue, puzzles, and the flow of the game. The programming, and details can be altered later. If you've already got this down, then YAAAY! I can't wait to play the game!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:53 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Hello all!

Still waiting for the site to get finished to post new screenshots/music clips/artwork, so in the meantime I need some input!

There are a few important topics and polls in the Characters section that I need everyone to take a look and vote/give their input.

1. First is the Finalized Sailor Soldier/Civilian Designs topic found here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5047551/

Assuming the polls go the way I think they will, these will be the final designs. (The only ones pending are Minako and Rei's school uniforms.) This is just a topic for input on the final designs. Let me know what you think and if you see anything you think should be fixed.

2. Next is the Sailor Soldier Super and Eternal Forms Accessory poll. This is a poll that will determine whether or not Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, and Sailor Venus will keep their unique accessories when they upgrade to their super and eternal forms. You can find that topic here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5047227/

3. Third is the Sailor Moon Starting Design poll. This poll will determine which outfit Sailor Moon will have in the beginning until the identity of the Princess is revealed. You can find that topic here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5047447/

4. Next is the Minako's School Uniform Colors poll. This thread will determine which color scheme Minako's school uniform (Shiba Koen Junior High uniform) will have. You can find that topic here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5047521/

5. And finally, the Rei's School Uniform Colors poll. This thread will determine which color scheme Rei's school uniform (T*A Girls Academy uniform) will have. You can find that topic here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5047552/

Also, I'm hoping to finish the revamp of PSSM: Ep 44 in the near future after classes are done and I have more spare time! Just hang in there. ^^;

That's all for now! Please check them out if you have time and as always if you have any questions or comments, let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:58 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 79 months ago
inactive
VERY interesting cant wait for the downloads!!! :luna: :artemis: :diana:

Sailor Neptune is awesome

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 am 
inactive
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Official Website

That's right everyone, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG's official website is back online and better than ever! I purchased my own personal domain space for a personal portfolio and productions site (www.shades-of-blue-productions.com) which the Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG website is a subdomain of. My main site will feature my game projects as well as various graphic design projects, literary works, and artworks I've done. Because this time around I am personally managing the website and providing the hosting space, there is zero worry of the website suddenly going down again.

Anywho! As promised, along with the launch of the site is a chunk of new content you've never seen before! There are a few more screenshots, lots of original artwork, and a number of new soundtrack demos.

More updates to the site will come in the near future, including more character profiles as well as new screenshots and the completion of the "FAQs" and "Index of Questions" sections.

I've checked over and over, but if I happened to miss any errors please let me know! I'm also working on updating the main post of this topic with all the new content, so just bear with me. ^^

That's all for now! I hope you enjoy the site, and a big thanks goes out to xxghost_whispererxx for doing the initial coding!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
This is amazing I must say! Well done! :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Chains of Fate wrote:
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Official Website

That's right everyone, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG's official website is back online and better than ever!

I hope you don't mind constructive criticism? The chart below basically says it all:

You wasted most of the space to show fancy logo and backround, made giant menu, while cramming all actual content into a tiny iframe window that one is obliged to constantly scroll to read. I think your current design and distribution of page space is very inconvenient and ineffecient.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:27 pm 
inactive
It's essentially set up the way the previous website was, and I had people give their input back when the layout was first completed and no one had a problem with it.

I see your points but this is the layout that was chosen and it's much too late to change it now, I've spent days getting it finalized and now priorities have to go elsewhere with my time.

If it's really bothersome for you, you can pretty much see the same information on the new webpages found in the forum on the sidebar menu. ^^ I'm working on those right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:48 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'll visit it all the same because it's my job. Other people, especially occasional visitors, may think otherwise. I have read in some smart book on website promotion or something like that that the first five or ten seconds spent by a new visitor (who don't know much, or anything, about your website as yet) on your website are the most important ones. If during those few seconds his eye didn't catch something interesting, or catched something he didn't like, statistics say majority of visitors will close the window or surf elsewhere. That's why "the first impression" is not something to be neglected if you want to build a successful website. There are a lot of freeware and professionally looking website templates out there (just google for "website template"), so I still would suggest to add it to your list of things to do in the future.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
It looks quite a bit like a way to trick the eyes into thinking that there's more content than there actually is. i.e. my term paper can be 10 pages instead of 5 if I double the font. Except in this case the content has been smushed into one little bar so it looks like there's a lot of stuff, when in reality, there's not. And I said it on the forums before and I'll say it again, I think the shining lights in every point on the layout are far too gaudy.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:17 pm 
inactive
I had to go with how a majority of people felt about the layout, and on the whole, the layout received a lot of praise and was approved.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:37 am 
inactive
After reading Mara's post I imagined the worst layout possible :lol:
But it isn't so bad... I like it. >_>

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:53 pm 
inactive
I updated the main post with the new info, screenshots, and music. : D

Screenshots

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Soundtrack Demo:

Silent Serenity

Tears in the Snow

A Soldier is Born

Carved in Stone

Dreams Eversearching

Spirito Aquato

Solitude

Infinite

Towers

Stories of Another Life

Toledo

Respite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:24 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Love the screenies, love the manga touch on Ikuko-mama XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
DREWdesu wrote:
Love the screenies, love the manga touch on Ikuko-mama XD

The lips do not match, IMHO. The character design should be uniform, so either nobody should have lips (like it's the case with Naru on the screenshot above), or all should have them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:53 pm 
What do you mean about the lips? Are you talking about the face graphics? If so, the color on the lips implies lipstick and maturity. It's also lacking on Usagi's face graphic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Chains wrote:
What do you mean about the lips? Are you talking about the face graphics? If so, the color on the lips implies lipstick and maturity. It's also lacking on Usagi's face graphic.

Missing lips is one of distinct traits of the graphic style of Japanese anime. In anime closed mouth is usually drawn by one black line. Anime Ikuko is mature as well yet animators didn't add lips to show that. When some characters have lips and some other don't, these different graphic styles just do not match - I think you should stick to one style and make it uniform and consistent throughout the game for all your characters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 am 
inactive
I don't see a problem with it, it's a pretty simple concept. The adult women are seen wearing lipstick and the younger girls only have lipstick at certain times. The concept of lipstick showing maturity is a personal decision made by myself and the spriters who help me.

When the girls transform they will also be seen wearing lipstick, to further imply "Make-Up" and a little more maturity when they're in Soldier form.

Just because something is different doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong or bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I love the updates :D
Keep it up Jonathan :]

*My only comment on the website is that if you make the empty space black and maybe center the whole thing, it would look complete.
If that's not possible, disregard this side note ;]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm 
is this abandoned?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 78 months ago
inactive
Of course not! Chains just doesn't update as frequently as others do, because his updates are usually huge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 85 months ago
inactive
I can't wait for this! :love: :quagmire:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
What going on with this project i hope this is still going on....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:07 am 
Any new updates on this

I just found out about this yesterday and read all the posts and looks good so keep up the good work, also can you maybe put the missing pictures in a future post because I couldn't see all the pictures because of red X's which usually means that pictures are missing

thanks and keep up with the updates

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
Is there a release date? or even a demo release date?

I cannot wait til this game is finished

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:44 pm 
inactive
Sorry for my lack of reply, I'm supposed to get emails when replies are posted, and I have not in a long time. >.> Does anyone else get red X's in the first post for any of the images? They show up fine for me.

The game is still going strong, unfortunately there's still no release date yet. But I do have an update!

It's been a few months since you guys have gotten an update, so I decided to check in and let you know that progress is going strong and there are a few exciting things I'll be showing you soon! The official website:

http://pssmrpg.shades-of-blue-productions.com/

Has gotten a bit of a facelift. You may need to refresh to see the changes.

I wanted to make the site fit any resolution as well as just tighten up the design and make it a little more interesting. I've given it a kind of comic book feel which I think looks pretty cool, and hopefully makes the text better to read. I spent a LOT of time trying out different fonts but I think I'm finally happy with it. I am always one to perfect my work, so if you think that something looks off or could look better, let me know in the forum topic here:

http://s12.zetaboards.com/PSSM_The_RPG_ ... c/5055545/

I would also like to point out the announcement of two original "in-between" story arcs, the Parallel Moons story arc, and the Children of Eden story arc. The first will take place between the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon story arcs, and the second will take place between the Black Moon and Infinity story arcs. The game will feature four in-between story arcs which will be significantly shorter mini story arcs between the main story lines. More details will come on these later; I just wanted to pick your brains a bit. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:42 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Chains of Fate wrote:
http://pssmrpg.shades-of-blue-productions.com/

Has gotten a bit of a facelift. You may need to refresh to see the changes.

I wanted to make the site fit any resolution as well as just tighten up the design and make it a little more interesting. I've given it a kind of comic book feel which I think looks pretty cool, and hopefully makes the text better to read. I spent a LOT of time trying out different fonts but I think I'm finally happy with it.

You may need to remember that not everybody across the world uses Furryfox. :tongue:

(FILTER: alpha(opacity=0); = makes your div completely transparent; must be alpha(opacity=80);).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm 
inactive
Ah, thank you! Should be fixed now. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 am 
inactive
Chains of Fate wrote:
I would also like to point out the announcement of two original "in-between" story arcs, the Parallel Moons story arc, and the Children of Eden story arc.

Children of Eden sounds awesome but I have no idea what Parallel Moons could be about. ^_^'
I'm all for original story arc though so yay!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:54 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I can't wait!!
Anymore eye candy? xD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next