Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SM: Another Story US SNES Cartridges - Yes or No?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
While browsing on AliExpress as I am sometimes wont to do, I came across a number of sellers who are selling Another Story SNES cartridges for US systems:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170408054515&origin=y&SearchText=sailor+moon+another+story

I was wondering if anyone here has bought one of them and can attest to whether or not they work. I'd like to be able to play the game and have never seemed to be able to work out how to use the necessary emulators to play it on my laptop, so this seems like my best chance at playing (provided these copies work and aren't 100% bogus)

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

Post subject: Re: SM: Another Story US SNES Cartridges - Yes or No?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:44 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Jagshamesh!
I haven't bought any, but I have heard things about fanmade hacks and translations of various NES and SNES games working as intended on their respective NSTC systems.

Supreme Meme Thunder!

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:54 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah, back when TenchiForum was around, they sold some limited copies of the SNES RPG which even included the box & manual.

http://tenchiforum.com/universe/announc ... n-english/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have a US cartridge that I bought at a local video game trading store, and it works perfectly. I can't attest for these copies of it however.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I decided to buy a copy (they're not expensive so I figured what the hey). Will let you know how it turns out when it gets delivered!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Well, the game arrived yesterday and I tested it out a little while ago. The game works, but the cartridge doesn't save (which I guess means I need to replace the battery? Help? :? )

Anyway, from the little bit I've played, it seems like an interesting enough game. I just wish the people who translated it hadn't included honorifics and things like "Senshi" and "Ginzuishou" :dead:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Well, the game arrived yesterday and I tested it out a little while ago. The game works, but the cartridge doesn't save (which I guess means I need to replace the battery? Help? :? )

Anyway, from the little bit I've played, it seems like an interesting enough game. I just wish the people who translated it hadn't included honorifics and things like "Senshi" and "Ginzuishou" :dead:

It is interesting and lots of fun. Its hands down the best SM game out there. The story is cool and quite well done. I also like how they tangle 90s anime with the manga aspects as well as completely new plot additions. I think the best thing about this game is that it feels like people behind it not only knew a lot about SM but also really liked it and knew what they're doing which isnt really the case with many other games based on movies/tv shows which often are just cash grabs

And yes i guess it might be the battery.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
[ ... ] I just wish the people who translated it hadn't included honorifics and things like "Senshi" and "Ginzuishou" :dead:

They did the right thing by including them. If it's from Japan, I want the honorifics. And perhaps "Ginzuishou" fit better than "Siilver Crystal." You have to consider the number of bytes they have to change and not make things move around.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech