Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC

Do you think It's okay for guys to like Sailor Moon?
Yes 93%  93%  [ 57 ]
No 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Maybe, It Depends 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 61
 Post subject: Re: Guys and Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:
Naw I think it's fine. I used to be a little closed about being a Sailor Moon fan but not anymore! Lots of people I talk to are like "thats for girls!" and I'm like "naw man it's for everyone!". Honestly I love Sailor Moon and I'm a guy, age 28. So yea no, IMO there is nothing wrong with liking Sailor Moon as a guy.

on the same boat I was closed back when I was 9 through 13 but by age 14 I was more open about it
I even had 2 male best friends both a year older than I in school who we used to discuss episodes with when the dic/cwi dubs were on toonami

I'm a straight dude and age 31 and Sm is always in my heart :love:

Yeah, younger boys could feel uncomfortable/disturbing for liking it, because they're still at a stage of developing their self-identity/image in preparation for their upcoming adulthood, but once they've passed thru that stage &, hence, felt psychologically secure about their self-identity/image, they'll no longer feel anything wrong in liking it. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:
Naw I think it's fine. I used to be a little closed about being a Sailor Moon fan but not anymore! Lots of people I talk to are like "thats for girls!" and I'm like "naw man it's for everyone!". Honestly I love Sailor Moon and I'm a guy, age 28. So yea no, IMO there is nothing wrong with liking Sailor Moon as a guy.

on the same boat I was closed back when I was 9 through 13 but by age 14 I was more open about it
I even had 2 male best friends both a year older than I in school who we used to discuss episodes with when the dic/cwi dubs were on toonami

Yeah, younger boys could feel uncomfortable/disturbing for liking it, because they're still at a stage of developing their self-identity/image in preparation for their upcoming adulthood, but once they've passed thru that stage &, hence, felt psychologically secure about their self-identity/image, they'll no longer feel anything wrong in liking it. :)

it more had to do with the stigma in america about boys liking something girly, nobody wants to be made fun of so as a defense they deny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ That's also quite understandable - it's social pressure w/i a macho culture. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:

It's actually primarily for girls, lol but even so, you're still right in saying that there's nothing wrong for a guy to like it. :)

Yea back then I guess. Today it's manifested beyond that ten fold, which is good! I knew this as a kid and still watched it lol.

Quote:

Awesome, around age 11 or 12 is when I caught it. I am the only huge fan of SM in my group of friends but I'm ok with it. Yea am also straight, and I recently rediscovered my fandom. (it was always there, just silently lingering). It's good to be back! SM fan for life!

Quote:

Agreed, it was weird for me because I actually knew I liked it but was afraid to tell anyone at that age. Once I got to that age, I started being a bit more open.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:18 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I identify as male and I give 0 cares about what people think about my tastes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membership
Clow wrote:
I identify as male and I give 0 cares about what people think about my tastes.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
also it would be pretty much against everything Sailor Moon stands to say its only for one group.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:37 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Status quo has changed. :googly:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:13 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Binzhou5 wrote:
Hey, I'm new to the series, so I'm really hoping no spoilers pop up here, but I was wondering if it's weird or not for a guy to like Sailor Moon. I'm really hoping it's not that weird. :? :?

....did you not notice the number of posters on here who have male listed as their gender.

Sometimes with straight added on just so you know

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:31 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
Sometimes with straight added on just so you know

Why would a straight guy want to write "straight" on their Internet profile? They were unsure about it and decided to write it down so they won't forget what they chose? Or maybe they are just gays in denial who try to repress their homosexuality. :ninja: