Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Do you think It's okay for guys to like Sailor Moon?
Yes 94%  94%  [ 52 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe, It Depends 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Guys and Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:
Naw I think it's fine. I used to be a little closed about being a Sailor Moon fan but not anymore! Lots of people I talk to are like "thats for girls!" and I'm like "naw man it's for everyone!". Honestly I love Sailor Moon and I'm a guy, age 28. So yea no, IMO there is nothing wrong with liking Sailor Moon as a guy.

on the same boat I was closed back when I was 9 through 13 but by age 14 I was more open about it
I even had 2 male best friends both a year older than I in school who we used to discuss episodes with when the dic/cwi dubs were on toonami

I'm a straight dude and age 31 and Sm is always in my heart :love:

Yeah, younger boys could feel uncomfortable/disturbing for liking it, because they're still at a stage of developing their self-identity/image in preparation for their upcoming adulthood, but once they've passed thru that stage &, hence, felt psychologically secure about their self-identity/image, they'll no longer feel anything wrong in liking it. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:
Naw I think it's fine. I used to be a little closed about being a Sailor Moon fan but not anymore! Lots of people I talk to are like "thats for girls!" and I'm like "naw man it's for everyone!". Honestly I love Sailor Moon and I'm a guy, age 28. So yea no, IMO there is nothing wrong with liking Sailor Moon as a guy.

on the same boat I was closed back when I was 9 through 13 but by age 14 I was more open about it
I even had 2 male best friends both a year older than I in school who we used to discuss episodes with when the dic/cwi dubs were on toonami

Yeah, younger boys could feel uncomfortable/disturbing for liking it, because they're still at a stage of developing their self-identity/image in preparation for their upcoming adulthood, but once they've passed thru that stage &, hence, felt psychologically secure about their self-identity/image, they'll no longer feel anything wrong in liking it. :)

it more had to do with the stigma in america about boys liking something girly, nobody wants to be made fun of so as a defense they deny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ That's also quite understandable - it's social pressure w/i a macho culture. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
chaosghost12 wrote:

It's actually primarily for girls, lol but even so, you're still right in saying that there's nothing wrong for a guy to like it. :)

Yea back then I guess. Today it's manifested beyond that ten fold, which is good! I knew this as a kid and still watched it lol.

Quote:

Awesome, around age 11 or 12 is when I caught it. I am the only huge fan of SM in my group of friends but I'm ok with it. Yea am also straight, and I recently rediscovered my fandom. (it was always there, just silently lingering). It's good to be back! SM fan for life!

Quote:

Agreed, it was weird for me because I actually knew I liked it but was afraid to tell anyone at that age. Once I got to that age, I started being a bit more open.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:18 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I identify as male and I give 0 cares about what people think about my tastes.