* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Plot holes in the anime?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Read this on wikimoon...

"While it seems the SuperS movie is to be set after the SuperS season, the fact that Sailor Pluto is fighting alongside Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune contradicts her arrival in the first episode of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars. When she appeared at that time, Uranus and Neptune were surprised that Pluto is alive, because they had witnessed her death in a helicopter explosion in Sailor Moon S."

I never really put much thought into it until reading that. Anyone have thought how the SuperS movie could fit into the community. It could be that sometime not shown in the movie Pluto comes back and confronts Uranus and Neptune about how she came back and why and then the time frame from the SuperS movie to the first episode of Stars is a while theirfore Haruka and Michiru are shocked to see Pluto because it's just been a while.

Another thing written is...
Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune also used their new attacks in this movie before they obtained them in the television series.

This is true but it's not like they get them later on, they're always just used as attacks from then on so again they could have obtained them before hand during their SuperS absence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 116 months ago
inactive
I've actually considered this quite a bit before. The inconsistancy of the movies' timeline are the least of the problem.

Takeuchi-san herself stated that the timeline for the anime was messed up. There are two extra years. In the anime Usagi is 16 when it ends. Yet the clothing reflects consistant season changes in each arc. In the manga, Usagi is 18 at the end.

For a complete breakdown of the inconsistant dates, try here.http://www.genvid.com/lunarch/faqyou/continuity.html

Last edited by Selenity on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:09 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
I have not payed much attention to the SuperS movie so I didn't notice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:11 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
The S movie is also like this.

In the end of S she looses the holy grail, but in the S movie she can use it. :oops:

Very Confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Well the S movie could have taken place before they defeated the death busters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 102 months ago
inactive
ln sailor Moon R future Tokyo was Crystalyzed. How? Sailor Moon defeated the Black Moon Clan. In the end when Chibi-Usa went back to the future, Neo Tokyo was still in crystal.

It makes even less sense because Chaos dissapeard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
onesurvive wrote:

But that big pause wouldnt make any sense >_<

The Death Busters didnt just "disppaer".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:46 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Amaterasu wrote:
ln sailor Moon R future Tokyo was Crystalyzed. How? Sailor Moon defeated the Black Moon Clan. In the end when Chibi-Usa went back to the future, Neo Tokyo was still in crystal.

It makes even less sense because Chaos dissapeard.

What do you mean by "crystallyzed"? That crystal tower in the middle of the future Tokyo and surrounding crystal structures were made not by Black Moon, but by citizens of the city after Neo Queen Serenity became queen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 102 months ago
inactive
"Crystalyzed", sorry my spelling gets retarded sometimes. :lol:

huh...I thought that Usagi awoke from a deep slumber in crystal, then she awakened the world. Guess i'm wrong, thanks for telling me and not leaving me in the dark. :wink:

and out of curiosity: where did it say the citizens made the palace? If it was in the anime l didn't catch it, Was it in the manga?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:24 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Amaterasu wrote:
...and out of curiosity: where did it say the citizens made the palace? If it was in the anime l didn't catch it, Was it in the manga?

Well, it's not mentioned who exactly was participating in rebuilding of Tokyo, but since change of its appearance is associated both in anime and manga with beginning of reign of Neo Queen Serenity (that's why the city was renamed to "Crystal Tokyo"), it's not unreasonable to presume that citizens of Tokyo were doing it, together with people from the whole Japan and other countries, perhaps. At any rate, I don't think that all those giant towers were constructed by Luna with a hammer in one paw and a wrench in another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
Anton-P wrote:
At any rate, I don't think that all those giant towers were constructed by Luna with a hammer in one paw and a wrench in another.

Although it's quite a cute image. ^_^

But yes, I also always assumed people of Tokyo built the towers... Someone had to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:58 pm 
Anton-P wrote:
all those giant towers were constructed by Luna with a hammer in one paw and a wrench in another.

Very cute indeed! ^^ :love:

As for the towers 'n' buildings... MAYBE it was all Serenity's doing? They're all crystallized (it seems) and the Ginzuishou itself is a crystal which is capable of covering things and people, including NQ Serenity herself, inside protective crystal layers when needed. Also, remember, towards the end of arc I, the entire Silver Millenium palace was reconstructed by Usagi & and the Ginzuishou single-handedly. So it's not gonna surprise me if she created all of Crystal Tokyo by herself as well.

But of course, I don't remember anything to confirm/prove either theory... :oops:

Post subject: Re: Plot hole in the anime.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 58 months ago
inactive
yeah i was always curious about that i noticed it to hmmmm

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
candyxcraze wrote:
onesurvive wrote:

Sure they did ^_^ Tomoe and the others decided to take a long break lol This time, Tomoe got to share the snacks with everyone, instead of eating them all himself.

I also believe the SMS movie happens shortly before Mistress 9's arrival and the Pharaoh 90 battle.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 58 months ago
inactive
AinoMinako wrote:
candyxcraze wrote:
onesurvive wrote:

Sure they did ^_^ Tomoe and the others decided to take a long break lol This time, Tomoe got to share the snacks with everyone, instead of eating them all himself.

I also believe the SMS movie happens shortly before Mistress 9's arrival and the Pharaoh 90 battle.

lol!!!!!!! ya i always thought that the s movie was before the final battle guess well never truly know

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 96 months ago
inactive
wow thats interesting...I guess I know what you're saying though. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
Never realized this before ^_^ Maybe even though it was out before the SuperS series it was set at the end of the SuperS series...

i n a c t i v e, :'(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 82 months ago
inactive
you know, the anime timeline seems to be mixed up...there are five summer vacations in all with one in each season, so how could usagi be 14 in the beginning and 18 in the end?? :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
chibiusa wrote:
Never realized this before ^_^ Maybe even though it was out before the SuperS series it was set at the end of the SuperS series...

Well, for SuperS the battle with Badiyanu in the movie happens AFTER the SuperS series. Pegasus isn't around(Pereru being the replacement boyfriend :lol: ), the Outers are around, and (for some reason...) SS Moon and SS Chibi-Moon have two Moon Gorgeous Meditation wands(let alone, pulled off an awesome double Moon Gorgeous attack, without Pegasus assistance). So if you arrived at Stars, watch the SuperS movie first.

Post subject: Sailor Moon Plotholes.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 80 months ago
inactive
I was watching SuperS recently and saw the bit where Sailor Moon jumped off that platform to go save Chibimoon. She was flying throught the sky from a fair height.

I've talked to someone who has been skydiving before and they were saying that your head cannot me facing down or you can't breath and you'll die.
So technically speaking, Sailor Moon should be dead because she wouldn't have been able to breath after jumping off that platform.

Something that the SMA crew also pointed out in episode 29- Rei used a fire attack in an inclosed space- so everyone in that dome should be dead from suffication.

Has anyone else noticed any plotholes where the senshi should be dead?

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Plotholes.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive

Those aren't plot holes as much as places where "suspension of disbelief" is required. I mean, after all, scholastically speaking, the kingdoms in the solar system from the Silver Millennium are entirely impossible.

Sometimes a cartoon is just a cartoon. :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:31 am 
inactive
DrummerChick wrote:
I've talked to someone who has been skydiving before and they were saying that your head cannot me facing down or you can't breath and you'll die.
So technically speaking, Sailor Moon should be dead because she wouldn't have been able to breath after jumping off that platform.

The buildings shown on that scene appeared to be at least 300 floor high, considering the time she took to fall, and that's what you point out? :oops:
Maybe she was just holding her breath ^_^
DrummerChick wrote:
Something that the SMA crew also pointed out in episode 29- Rei used a fire attack in an inclosed space- so everyone in that dome should be dead from suffication.

Why? Fire can't exist without oxygen, so if there can be fire, there still is oxygen left. But even if there weren't, once again, I think they're capable of not breathing for 60 secs or so :tongue:
(and welcome back :love: )

I don't know if it's a plothole exactly, and it has nothing to do with them dying, but

In the last episodes of Sailor Moon, during the description of the Senshi Wars, there are images of the Super Inners using their attacks, Aqua Rhapsody, Flame Sniper, etc. Aren't these the Senshi of the Moon Kingdom? But if so, why they weren't in super forms while fighting Beryl at that era?
Moreover, the Senshi of the Crystal Tokyo aren't in their super forms either. Did they downgrade?

So I wonder, other than the "Naoko hadn't made the super senshi yet" explanation, is there a plotwise one?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:46 pm 
inactive
Mamo-chan wrote:
In the last episodes of Sailor Moon, during the description of the Senshi Wars, there are images of the Super Inners using their attacks, Aqua Rhapsody, Flame Sniper, etc. Aren't these the Senshi of the Moon Kingdom? But if so, why they weren't in super forms while fighting Beryl at that era?
Moreover, the Senshi of the Crystal Tokyo aren't in their super forms either. Did they downgrade?

So I wonder, other than the "Naoko hadn't made the super senshi yet" explanation, is there a plotwise one?

I'll need to consult the last few episodes of Stars to give you a definitive answer on the first, but I don't think that they are Silver Millennium era. I'll get back to you.

Now for the second question, the plotwise explanation, as I recall it is, that what we see most of the time is Chibiusa's memories, which are unreliable at best. The details are forgotten. As for when we actually "see" the inners protecting the crystal points of the city, they are using so much power to keep the city from falling that they hardly have the energy to spare for minor fuku accouterments.

Post subject: Re: Plot holes in the anime?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 pm 
inactive
SailorTerra wrote:
Now for the second question, the plotwise explanation, as I recall it is, that what we see most of the time is Chibiusa's memories, which are unreliable at best. The details are forgotten. As for when we actually "see" the inners protecting the crystal points of the city, they are using so much power to keep the city from falling that they hardly have the energy to spare for minor fuku accouterments.

We see the future inners in ep.88 too, when Chibi-Usa finally goes back to the future.

Yes, about them in Senshi Wars, I'm not sure either if it's them or not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 pm 
inactive
Probable explanation, plotwise, would probably be that it's unnecessary to remain in Super form. Energy consumption and what not.

I doubt there's a real reason at all though. But as plot wholes go, that one is pretty minor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
This whole plot hole stuff is beginning to confuse me...

Yeah, definitely those movies are like totally messing up the sense of time... and the whole first half of the R season where they fight the two aliens also messed me up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 80 months ago
inactive
SailorTerra wrote:

Those aren't plot holes as much as places where "suspension of disbelief" is required. I mean, after all, scholastically speaking, the kingdoms in the solar system from the Silver Millennium are entirely impossible.

Sometimes a cartoon is just a cartoon. :|

Lol, sometimes I think I should just keep my mouth shut :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm 
inactive
Anime Physics != Classical Physics

Quantum Physics, maybe. But not at such a macro scale.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
Here I'll explain the super outfit thing.

The future changed. The time line has been changed due to various factors, such as Chibiusa taking vacations in the past.

Thus the future we saw won't necessarily happen like that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
Wha...

When/how did the future change? The super form was just a way to become more powerful, have more powers and whatnot.