Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: What would you want to change in the series?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 112 months ago
inactive
Unfortunately, in our world there is a minus for each and every plus. Correspondingly has each and every version of SM minor drawbacks, which nevertheless can eventually put off the newbies...
Such as the anime concentrating way too much on Sailor Moon and ignoring the other senshi...Common,Sailor Pluto had only 1 attack sequence!And Sailor Saturn didn't even had a transformation henshin!

So this is a topic discussing the drawbacks of SM!To my mind,a real SM fan should be able to see the show with all its good and bad sides and not just thoughtlessly prattle about how perfect this show is!Nothing is perfect in our live and finding out the small imperfections sometimes makes life better,cause we can draw the corresponding conclusions and make things better (for instance,if there is a new SM episode/film/ or even season) or just helping the fanfiction writers or the game developers...

So be honest,was there anything that you didn't like in SM!

Anton,if this honest topic is a violation of the rights of the forum,feel entitled to deleat it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
What DIDN'T I like? Well...

1. Whose bright idea was it to throw in the gay romance between Zoisite and Kunzite? That wasn't in the original at all.

2. Beryl didn't get stabbed in the gut like she did in the manga.

Overall, I really think that the anime wasn't as dark as the manga and could have benefitted from it. In the manga, Princess Serenity kills herself, and the Love-Me Chain obviously does much more damage than the anime lets on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:19 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 107 months ago
inactive
Hm, well, there is one thing and it's anime Minako. Did she have to be almost the exact copy of Usagi? She seemed so mature in the first season, but right afterwards, it went downhill. Sure, her episodes are funny (like the one where the Death Busters targetted her x3), but...well...you know ^^;

But I can't think of anything else right now ^^; Except that the manga was a bit fast on their story line (but I love it anyway, of course ;D )

Post subject: Re: Drawbacks and suggestions?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
iliyapeyneshki wrote:
Unfortunately, in our world there is a minus for each and every plus.

That depends solely on your philosophy and beliefs. Beauty (and perfection, for that matter) is in the eyes of the beholder, not "in our world". So if one is looking for a "minus" for every "plus" it has something to do with one's vision and nothing to do with Sailor Moon.

iliyapeyneshki wrote:
To my mind,a real SM fan should be able to see the show with all its good and bad sides and not just thoughtlessly prattle about how perfect this show is!Nothing is perfect in our live and finding out the small imperfections sometimes makes life better...

If someone doesn't accept the series in its current form and claims to have a better understanding of how the series must be made then such a person obviously claims that they grasp the world of Sailor Moon better (!?) than people who created that world - Naoko and Toei. Is't such people who are real fans? I call such people fans of alternative/imaginary version of "Sailor Moon" that has from little to nothing to do with the actual series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 85 months ago
inactive
what i didnt like is that sailor saturn didnt have a transformation henshin and she didnt even get a attack animation then i dont like the thing that the whole story goes around usagi,it would be much better if they involved the inner senshi more,and they could give the other senshis more attacks and less for sailor moon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:53 pm 
inactive
Well that IS true, but considering the show and the manga is called "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon"...I noticed that the senshi weren't short of attacks at all in the manga, they had such a big amount of attacks and I'm counting all the senshi (well, except the Starlights, but that's understandable since they were only in the last arc)...weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm 
inactive
yes they have in the manga but not in the anime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:35 pm 
inactive
They have still their dedicated episodes to them. Yes, it's true, the show's centered very much on Usagi, but it's no big deal since she HAS to rely on the other senshi, without them she couldn't do that much. It's all about teamwork, one of the biggest points in the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 pm 
inactive
yeah you are right on this one SHE REALLY COULDN T DO MUCH WITHOUT THE OTHERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:21 am 
inactive
one more thing i didn t like is that they could at least give saturn a normal attack which won t destroy her,with the attacks they gave her in the anime she was practitcly uselles in a fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
However, that was Sailor Saturn's duty as a soldier. When a kingdom or planet was in ruins, she appeared and brought her glaive down, destroying it.

Post subject: honest? HA!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 80 months ago
inactive
Hmm I hate the fact that only sailormoon only got new henshin animations (well besides Sailor Mercury) and another thing i hate is that you dont see Chibi-Usa in stars i really wanted her to stay and i guess that's all and yeah i guess some of the manga attacks and transformations (mostly the inners planet power) should have appeared in the anime it's only really the anime i think has negatives but i guess i am can of biased lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
Though Saturn was introduced in the S anime, she only turned into Saturn just once and that was towards the end.

The outers were not in SuperS anime like they were in the manga(with the exception of the movie, but still no Saturn).

Chibi/Rini was only in Stars for like 6-7 episodes and nothing else. Same with Tuxedo Mask, hardly any of him too.

And Beryl was killed by being stabbed in the manga? I don't remember that. I thought the only stab scene was the suicide part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:58 pm 
inactive
Demonic Sailor Moon wrote:
Same with Tuxedo Mask, hardly any of him too.

And Beryl was killed by being stabbed in the manga? I don't remember that. I thought the only stab scene was the suicide part.

First off, the thing with Tuxedo Mask is..uh, understandable, I guess since he didn't have much to say in it at all since he was, well, dead by the time in both anime and manga ^^; Though there were still many flashbacks about it in the manga.

And second: True, Beryl was stabbed by the holy sword (which name I don't remember right now, have to check it on wikimoon.org)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kasumi, do you have a picture of the scene where she is stabbed? I can't recall ever seeing a picture of her stabbed on that metling page you showed be awhile back.

...What? It's not like I got a violence fetish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 pm 
inactive
That's weird since I recall her very well being stabbed by Venus. If it isn't on the site somewhere, it's hard to find, and I don't know right know where I could search. I would like to take a scan, but seeing as it's past eleven, I guess that should have to wait till tomorrow ^^;
I think it was in volume three or four of the original series, possibly the second volume of the re-edition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 am 
Indeed, Venus stabbed Beryl with a "Sealing Sword" which had the method of sealing Metallia written on it, while she was choking Sailor Moon with her... hair???? o_0;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Just saw it, not what I thought it was.

I forgot that it was in Volume 3. Been awhile since I read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:30 pm 
inactive
yeah i also saw somewhere that venus kills beryl with the sword in the manga,and it s stupid because the sword is not showed in the anime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:57 pm 
inactive
You know it's not only the sword, a lot of things were different. So basically, a manga vs anime is pointless since the two versions are merely connected in terms of basic storyline...which I'm grateful, honestly, it makes it so much more diverse ^^ But anyway, that's doesn't contribute much to the topic, so I'm gonna sit in that corner over there. *goes sit in the corner* *waves* ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:50 pm 
inactive
i think that everyone has noticed that when there is a fight in the center of the town there is no people in sight ,that was a litlle stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:27 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
new_york wrote:
i think that everyone has noticed that when there is a fight in the center of the town there is no people in sight ,that was a litlle stupid

1. There is nothing stupid in Sailor Moon.
2. I can point to numerous scenes in the series when fights occur and there are people around. And if there are exceptions, isn't it reasonable to suggest that people simply ran away saving their lives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:34 pm 
inactive
Anton-P wrote:
2. I can point to numerous scenes in the series when fights occur and there are people around. And if there are exceptions, isn't it reasonable to suggest that people simply ran away saving their lives?

Like in the episode when Cere-Cere attacked the bazaar. Everybody fled for their lives ;) Oh and it happens in a lot of series, seriously, it's the ANIME universe, theoretically everything's possible.
It's also unrealistic if some teenage girls can transform into Sailor Senshi, you know? ;) But nobody cares, because it's Sailor Moon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:51 pm 
inactive
i only can remember the scenes with cerecere where people run away,but no more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
new_york wrote:
i only can remember the scenes with cerecere where people run away,but no more

A couple of shots (to refresh your memory) showing people running from streets one by one and explaining why the streets are often empty when a fight begins. Taking into account the people are saving their lives, I cannot call their behavior "stupid" in any sense of the word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 80 months ago
inactive
LOL thats from the S Movie i just saw it! what a coincidence! it was lovely
anyway another person pointed that out in a different forum but there are always people around, well most of the time but i dont really care cause i never really seem to notice.
(well only in sailor moon i often point it out in other animes i hate lol!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:10 pm 
inactive
anton from wich site did you get those pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
new_york wrote:
anton from wich site did you get those pictures

I made them from a DVD several minutes ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
You can't really complain about anime not always being exactly like the manga b/c the manga was being written at the same time as the anime correct? That's the way I understood it. Someone read the Sailor V Manga and liked it and went to Kaoko Takeuchi to turn it into a show, but wanted more girls to fight so it would be a "girl power" type thing, so Naoko decided to make five scouts and added Sailor V to become Venus so she ended the Sailor V manga w/her joining the other scouts, and that's how she was introduced. So that's also why Alan and Ann came in the second season, but are mentioned nowhere in the manga, b/c Naoko Takeuchi never intended for them to exist in her Manga SM World. Alan&Ann were a result of her getting behind b/c she was trying to write the manga while also trying to help w/the anime. So I don't appreciate too harsh of criticism on that part b/c it's not the creators fault.
I do admit that I do wish the StarS season were a little closer to the manga mostly just hoping the scouts would also get eternal transformations and also having the quartet being future sailor scouts would've been nice, but I'm glad at least the manga had such interesting items, but I also understand that when books are crated into movies there is almost always something changed, and we, the viewers can't change it once it's been done, I've seen plenty of movies where I was disappointed b/c for me, the book was so great that the changes they made weren't to my tastes. But, in reality it simply makes me appreciate the original work all the more.
Also, as some things I've read have pointed out, the suicide of Serenity was edited out of the anime b/c it was deemed too "violent" for young viewers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:13 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 123 months ago
inactive
I very much agree. Prime example: Harry Potter movies
A very condensed and childish version of the original books (IMO)

I think most of us can relate to that ^
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anton-P you're my hero :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next