Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So I ship Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, now what?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
I just watched Sailor moon crystal season 1 and 2. And now I'm kind of hooked on this pairing. There was so much imagination that went into their storyline. After months of watching crap TV it was kind of refreshing and even inspiring.
I was hoping to watch/read more about them. I'm really interested in tuxedo mask centric stuff.
Are there other adaptions other fans recommend that highlight these two? What are your favorite episodes/movies/volumes?
Also what should I look out for? Are you guys waiting on the season 3 dub? Thanks! Sorry this was kind of a introduction post and a question post crammed into one.

Post subject: Re: So I ship Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, now what?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Try Sailor Moon R Ep 69 of the 90s anime..

:twistedevil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Personally I think that Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask are an amazing couple in all adaptations of the series. They have beautiful romantic moments in all of the canons such as the manga, 90s anime, Sera Myu, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon Crystal etc. They are definitely my favorite heterosexual pairing in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would certainly suggest checking out the manga, while you're waiting for Crystal to update. Might be spoiler-y for Crystal, but there are great moments. I'm still slowly working on live-action PGSM, but from what others have told me, there are good UsagixMamoru stuff there. If the upcoming Crystal movie is mostly accurate to the manga, there's going to be some wonderful moments for that ship and Tuxedo Mask. And if you need something to hold you over, fanart and fanfics can work, if you're into that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Yeah see the best arc for their ship :googly: :twistedevil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:00 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
I think Ep 69 made sense. There was a thread here that explained why. Wish I could find it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Prince Rose wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Yeah see the best arc for their ship :googly: :twistedevil:

Can we please not bring this person heartbreak ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:32 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Lue4028 wrote:
I just watched Sailor moon crystal season 1 and 2. And now I'm kind of hooked on this pairing. There was so much imagination that went into their storyline. After months of watching crap TV it was kind of refreshing and even inspiring.
I was hoping to watch/read more about them. I'm really interested in tuxedo mask centric stuff.
Are there other adaptions other fans recommend that highlight these two? What are your favorite episodes/movies/volumes?
Also what should I look out for? Are you guys waiting on the season 3 dub? Thanks! Sorry this was kind of a introduction post and a question post crammed into one.

Heh, no worries mate and welcome to the forum.
Hm, I guess it depends on your taste nowadays. I'm guessing since you liked Crystal you liked the drama of their meeting, Mamo becoming evil and the sort of distant timeline themes, but that's just a guess. If you're looking for eps or volumes that are specifically Usagi/Mamoru centered outside of Crystal the 90s anime is an interesting balance between drama and comedy, although often falling on the side of comedy; episode 22 is essentially Act 4 in Crystal with a few minor differences. Depending on how you look at it I think episode 28 is a good example of the kind of dynamic the two have with each other as civilians. Episode 34 is the big reveal ep, I'm not a fan of it in general but the climax leading into ep 35 is great drama. Episode 46 is the finale of the first season and is definitely a great episode all round. In terms of the manga since Crystal is meant to follow the manga much more closely I can confidently say that volume 2 seems to have many of the acts that are Usagi/Mamoru centric, however they are also very close to Crystal so it may not but very useful to a person who has also seen Crystal.
That's about the best I can advise right now, enjoy. :keke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Just watch everything and you’ll see it all, lol.