Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1414
Location: USA
Gender: female
Other: conservative
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I love Classic, but it suffers so much from having way too many cooks in the kitchen. I'm not going to rehash what people have said about SuperS or Sailor Stars because that's a dead horse that's been beaten quite too many times, but my biggest pet peeve is how the Inners get shafted in later seasons.

I really hate how we don't see any of the senshi's families aside from Usagi's. After 200 episodes, we don't get anything about Rei's anger towards her father or the death of her mother, Makoto losing both of her parents, no sight of Minako's parents, and we only get one tiny glimpse at Ami's mother in the SuperS movie and a brief mention of her father in one of the SuperS episodes.

Not just the Inners though, but Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn really got the short end of the stick. At least the Inners got great development in the first half of the series, but Sailor Saturn barely gets any action and her development centers around Chibiusa and her father, and Pluto... Is just there.

es.

(I have more disappointments, but those are the ones that immediate jump out to me / isn't a rehash from what everyone else said.)

That kinda bug me as well . Because you had a lt extra episodes . You could expand their familly or past. Instead having episodes about one shot characters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:37 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22606
Location: in my Aesthetic
Gender: Male
Other: Enjoy Yourself
^ yeah it bugs me they didn't really go into the families of the senshi aside from Usagi

The closest thing we get is Rei's grandpa and professor tomoe

_________________
Image
Saint Pepsi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 6619
Location: Philippines
Prince Rose wrote:
^ yeah it bugs me they didn't really go into the families of the senshi aside from Usagi

The closest thing we get is Rei's grandpa and professor tomoe


There's always :rei:'s dad in PGSM. ^_^

But the best one would have to be :ami:'s gay dad in Another Story. :googly:

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2107
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
Yes, because the other Senshi (Rei, Makoto, Mina, Haruka, and Michiru) had parents that didn't show up AT ALL! If they redid half of the filler episodes by cutting out the MOTW formula and using these episodes to expand on their families. This happened to Rei and Ami in PGSM.

I also disliked the Inners being boy-crazed. Rei and Usagi were the worst offenders. Rei, mainly because this went against her character in the manga/PGSM/Crystal. In those versions, she distrusted men.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 5110
Location: "Studying" With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
not in the least I love the 90s anime from the gorgeous artwork to how the Shitennou was handled (except Jadeite he was bland), I only wish Naru/Nephrite, Ami/Ryo and Rei/Yuuichirou were canon, also Rei's grandfather was awesome only thing about the 90s anime that bugged me really was the Stars Arc (Post Nehelenia Arc) the Starlights sucked (especially Seiya)

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
Posts: 316
Let's see:
Overall:
- Naru completely forgotten after S
- Character regression as series go on (Ami for example was reduced to stereotypical nerd who only talk about study)

S:
- Haruka and Michiru are more violent and evil in anime, compared to manga

SuperS:
- Chibi-Usa brattiness

Stars:
- Too much focus on Starlight (And i got tired of their song after few episodes)
- Plot changes for worse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:11 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Posts: 1166
kamil88 wrote:
- Character regression as series go on (Ami for example was reduced to stereotypical nerd who only talk about study)


Wait, what? Actually the last two seasons show Ami in many different ways than just a bookworm. She was interested in music and writing lyrics so her artistic side, she got herself into reparing an old car, for the first time ever she was fangirling (over Three Lights, mainly Taiki), though still staying very shy. She also showed her incredible gaming skills again and a lot more laid back attitude in summer (compared to Classic and R). I dont see what makes you think she was only focusing on studying later on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:40 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37441
Gender: Male
kamil88 wrote:
- Too much focus on Starlight (And i got tired of their song after few episodes)

Same :roll: - making me think their supposed-to-be-popular band only had very, very few songs. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:54 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Jun 02, 2016
Posts: 501
Location: In the Canadian sector of the space-time corridor.
Gender: Male
Other: Status: Feel good.
May as well throw in my share:

- Some parts of the plot drag a bit too long, especially a bit later in Classic and R.

- There are times where too much of a formula is in place.

- We don't get enough focus or development regarding Hotaru.

- Pluto in R was too much in the sidelines.

- What's the point in good side character development if we never see them again? (Looking at you, Ryo and Shinozaki, you handsome individuals)

- MY GOD THE BREAKUP IS TERRIBLE

_________________
"Well, the important thing is family and friendship honesty values and no one got arrested!" - Greg Universe

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1748
SailorSugababe wrote:
Wait, what? Actually the last two seasons show Ami in many different ways than just a bookworm. She was interested in music and writing lyrics so her artistic side, she got herself into reparing an old car, for the first time ever she was fangirling (over Three Lights, mainly Taiki), though still staying very shy. She also showed her incredible gaming skills again and a lot more laid back attitude in summer (compared to Classic and R). I dont see what makes you think she was only focusing on studying later on.
Ami was also the only one to get a starring mini movie devoted all to her. She probably has the most development of the Inners besides maybe Rei.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1414
Location: USA
Gender: female
Other: conservative
SailorSugababe wrote:
kamil88 wrote:
- Character regression as series go on (Ami for example was reduced to stereotypical nerd who only talk about study)


Wait, what? Actually the last two seasons show Ami in many different ways than just a bookworm. She was interested in music and writing lyrics so her artistic side, she got herself into reparing an old car, for the first time ever she was fangirling (over Three Lights, mainly Taiki), though still staying very shy. She also showed her incredible gaming skills again and a lot more laid back attitude in summer (compared to Classic and R). I dont see what makes you think she was only focusing on studying later on.

I think ht is a problum with Ami . I remember somebody said Ami is mary suish .Not that she is perfect , but she knows and could do all these things ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 10017
Location: Embelyon
SILVER wrote:
I don't care if you liked it or about chocolate parfaits or whatever else, so don't try to debate me on this. Thanks in advance!

Image

But... but... chocolate parfait was so romantic...

_________________
Image
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... shoujocity
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoujo- ... 1128360282


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:52 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
Posts: 3084
Other: Lingering Spirit
kamil88 wrote:
Let's see:
Stars:
- Too much focus on Starlight (And i got tired of their song after few episodes)
- Plot changes for worse



100% I got tired of the Starlight(plus I'm NOT a fan of Seiya) and the plot changes weren't for the better .

_________________
Manga/Crystal >>>>>90's anime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
Posts: 1414
Location: USA
Gender: female
Other: conservative
Black_Chaos wrote:
kamil88 wrote:
Let's see:
Stars:
- Too much focus on Starlight (And i got tired of their song after few episodes)
- Plot changes for worse



100% I got tired of the Starlight(plus I'm NOT a fan of Seiya) and the plot changes weren't for the better .

Watching some star episodes , when I was younger . I thought Sailor Stars was a spin off series . :sick:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 12, 2016
Posts: 353
Location: planet of water
Gender: female
Overall I do love the 90s anime, but there are some aspects about it that's disappointing to me:

1. Too many unnecessary fillers! Ok, I know I've already emphasized and complained a lot in this forum about the excessive amount of fillers the 90s anime had, but yes, the amount of unnecessary filler eps in the 90s anime is a big problem to me. I do love the "semi-filler" episodes that were more character-driven because they helped to develop and flesh out the characters more. But the 90s anime also had some eps that were totally fillers and they did not help to progress the story nor develop the characters, and it's that type of unnecessary fillers that I have a problem with. Those totally unnecessary fillers made the 90s anime too draggy and tedious for me.

2. I also do not like the fact that the Shitennou lacked any backstory in the 90s anime, I love the Shitennou and their original backstory in the manga and Crystal and PGSM, it's what makes the Shitennou interesting to me. But in the 90s anime they were mainly portrayed as merely just Beryl's disposable pawns, they had no backstory, which is disappointing to me.

3. Too much focus on Chibiusa in SuperS! She's probably my least favorite character in the 90s anime, I absolutely hated her in the 90s anime, so dedicating an entire season revolving around her character was too much for me.

4. I prefer the original storylines of the manga, so it's disappointing to me that they changed too many things in the 90s anime.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 07, 2014
Posts: 858
Location: Dark Kingdom
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
No more discussion about that Beryl backstory thing on this thread pls, everyone.


I think that instead of banning plot discussions you should warn those derailing my thread.
You shouldn't silence everyone because certain people are hammering in their unwanted opinions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:00 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22606
Location: in my Aesthetic
Gender: Male
Other: Enjoy Yourself
SILVER wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
No more discussion about that Beryl backstory thing on this thread pls, everyone.


I think that instead of banning plot discussions you should warn those derailing my thread.
You shouldn't silence everyone because certain people are hammering in their unwanted opinions.

My understanding that discussion seems to be cause for argument and has derailed the thread hence why I think Rika said to stop and I agree, there hasn't been an issue since
secondly:


Official Rules wrote:
Forum members are not moderators.
Unless you are an official moderator, please do not act as one and comment that a topic should be deleted, that another user should be banned, etc. If you believe that some other forum member is acting against forum rules, please use the "report" button or send a private message to forum administration.


now if the issue of pushing or forcing or whatever you want to call it - opinions on to other posts by an individual persisted then I'd say something to that individual but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore in this thread


lets leave it at that please

and go back to the intended discussion

_________________
Image
Saint Pepsi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:44 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2107
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
@Prince Rose: Yes, sir!

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:51 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 5110
Location: "Studying" With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
forgot to add in my previous post that I hated that Naru was criminally under used I loved her (2nd favorite Sailor Moon girl behind my Ami-Chan)

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:49 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Feb 04, 2016
Posts: 1976
Location: Nowhere Islands.
Gender: Male
Other: PK Yuri Ω!
No! The Classic Anime is perfect! :evil:
Nah, just joking. I love the classic anime, but it have things that dissapointed me.
-The way they treated the last 3 Witches5 in S. They had a lot of potential gone to waste (Specially Viluy :love: )
-I wanted to watch the actual Saturn and Pharaoh 90 fight. At least they could give us a short flashback on stars when Saturn reawakens.
-Lack of Haruka and Michiru on SuperS
-The Starlights focus on Stars, I don't have anything against Seiya, but why they made the other two so hateful?
-I wanted to see more of the Hotaru and Chibiusa friendship.

_________________
:mischief: Image :mischief:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2107
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think I was also disappointed by the way the 90s anime just seemed to forget about most of it's side characters later on. They had so many classic minor characters they could have used all those filler in episodes to focus on. Like Motoki, Ms. Haruna, Yuuichiro, Ryo, Naru and Umino, and even those girls Usagi was friends with early on that the show never named any. But instead they just kind of forget about them all and just end up focusing on a lot of forgettable victim of the week characters. It's a shame too because I liked those girls Usagi was friends with in the early episodes of season one and always wanted to know more about them but the show just completely drops them at some point early on for no reason.


Yeah, I think you have a point here, Neon Genesis. I loved the side characters.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:09 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 22606
Location: in my Aesthetic
Gender: Male
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think I was also disappointed by the way the 90s anime just seemed to forget about most of it's side characters later on. They had so many classic minor characters they could have used all those filler in episodes to focus on. Like Motoki, Ms. Haruna, Yuuichiro, Ryo, Naru and Umino, and even those girls Usagi was friends with early on that the show never named any. But instead they just kind of forget about them all and just end up focusing on a lot of forgettable victim of the week characters. It's a shame too because I liked those girls Usagi was friends with in the early episodes of season one and always wanted to know more about them but the show just completely drops them at some point early on for no reason.


Yeah, I think you have a point here, Neon Genesis. I loved the side characters.

same here

_________________
Image
Saint Pepsi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 2107
Location: Pikari-gaoka
Gender: Female
Other: Married to TWS91
After reading the 5th shinsouban, I was infuriated that Setsuna/Sailor Pluto's backstory was removed from R. And taking her death from the Black Moon arc and putting it into Sailor Moon Super. :wry:

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 5110
Location: "Studying" With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think I was also disappointed by the way the 90s anime just seemed to forget about most of it's side characters later on. They had so many classic minor characters they could have used all those filler in episodes to focus on. Like Motoki, Ms. Haruna, Yuuichiro, Ryo, Naru and Umino, and even those girls Usagi was friends with early on that the show never named any. But instead they just kind of forget about them all and just end up focusing on a lot of forgettable victim of the week characters. It's a shame too because I liked those girls Usagi was friends with in the early episodes of season one and always wanted to know more about them but the show just completely drops them at some point early on for no reason.


Yeah, I think you have a point here, Neon Genesis. I loved the side characters.


I liked that one chubby friend of Usagi's she was adorable :love:

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4330
Prince Rose wrote:
^ yeah it bugs me they didn't really go into the families of the senshi aside from Usagi

The closest thing we get is Rei's grandpa and professor tomoe

Once more I always found it ridiculous that in no canon did we ever find out Rei's Grandfather's name or whether he was her maternal or paternal Grandfather.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1748
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
After reading the 5th shinsouban, I was infuriated that Setsuna/Sailor Pluto's backstory was removed from R. And taking her death from the Black Moon arc and putting it into Sailor Moon Super. :wry:
I also prefer that in the manga Setsuna's sacrifice was intentional to save everyone but in the 90s anime she had to do it because Haruka and Michiru screwed up and didn't think ahead. It was also always confusing to me in the 90s anime if she actually died or if she just went back to the Time Gate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4330
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
After reading the 5th shinsouban, I was infuriated that Setsuna/Sailor Pluto's backstory was removed from R. And taking her death from the Black Moon arc and putting it into Sailor Moon Super. :wry:

Yeah I have to agree her manga death in the Black Moon arc was miles better then her death in S. It was so poignant and meaningful as opposed to that sloppy crap in S. I always felt that her S death was silly and I would have rather they had her not to die rather then what they did in S.

Neon Genesis wrote:
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
After reading the 5th shinsouban, I was infuriated that Setsuna/Sailor Pluto's backstory was removed from R. And taking her death from the Black Moon arc and putting it into Sailor Moon Super. :wry:
I also prefer that in the manga Setsuna's sacrifice was intentional to save everyone but in the 90s anime she had to do it because Haruka and Michiru screwed up and didn't think ahead. It was also always confusing to me in the 90s anime if she actually died or if she just went back to the Time Gate.

Based on what I have seen it seemed as though she went back to the Time Gate all though she seemed stuck there for some reason and it was never revealed in Sailor Stars how she got out of her confines to come and aid Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:25 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37441
Gender: Male
MariaTenebre wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
After reading the 5th shinsouban, I was infuriated that Setsuna/Sailor Pluto's backstory was removed from R. And taking her death from the Black Moon arc and putting it into Sailor Moon Super. :wry:
I also prefer that in the manga Setsuna's sacrifice was intentional to save everyone but in the 90s anime she had to do it because Haruka and Michiru screwed up and didn't think ahead. It was also always confusing to me in the 90s anime if she actually died or if she just went back to the Time Gate.

Based on what I have seen it seemed as though she went back to the Time Gate all though she seemed stuck there for some reason and it was never revealed in Sailor Stars how she got out of her confines to come and aid Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru.

They've totally forgotten that taboo thing. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1748
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yeah I have to agree her manga death in the Black Moon arc was miles better then her death in S. It was so poignant and meaningful as opposed to that sloppy crap in S. I always felt that her S death was silly and I would have rather they had her not to die rather then what they did in S.


I feel like the S season in general had a fantastic and perfect build up but the finale was poorly executed in a lot of ways. Like we didn't even get to see Sailor Saturn's final battle with Pharaoh 90 and the whole thing of Uranus and Neptune fighting with Sailor Moon because they didn't get their way even after the world was saved was always ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Has the Classic anime disappointed any of you?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:28 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4330
Neon Genesis wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yeah I have to agree her manga death in the Black Moon arc was miles better then her death in S. It was so poignant and meaningful as opposed to that sloppy crap in S. I always felt that her S death was silly and I would have rather they had her not to die rather then what they did in S.


I feel like the S season in general had a fantastic and perfect build up but the finale was poorly executed in a lot of ways. Like we didn't even get to see Sailor Saturn's final battle with Pharaoh 90 and the whole thing of Uranus and Neptune fighting with Sailor Moon because they didn't get their way even after the world was saved was always ridiculous.

Well I can see why Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were angry with Sailor Moon they were angry at Sailor Moon giving the Holy Grail to Mistress 9 which caused the silence and they had every right to be. However you are right I think the finale was executed poorly especially the final episode where they fought that Daimon made from the Daimon Oven that was silly. If anything these episodes could be filled say by getting to see such stuff as Sailor Saturn fighting Pharaoh 90. I would have liked it if Pharaoh 90 had spoken and really put terror and despair into Sailor Moon, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune when Mistress 9 gets the Holy Grail and initiates the Silence. Maybe instead of just jumping into Pharaoh 90 we could have seen Sailor Saturn perform Death Reborn revolution which could maybe open a hole in Pharaoh 90 where she could jump in. However honestly with Sailor Pluto I would have either had her die in Sailor Moon R similar to her manga death except instead of maybe Demand putting the two Crystals together it could be Black Lady which would have really added to Chibiusa's guilt or I wouldn't have had her to die at all and at the end of S she would have just rode off into the sunset with Haruka and Michiru. I did like how they made Souichi Tomoe a good person who was possessed to save his daughter and for him to turn good, be saved and get to take care of Hotaru. However I think if I did Sailor Stars or really I would have had the Outers come back in SuperS and get their Super forms and everything I would have had Setsuna to appear and move in with Professor Tomoe and eventually get Haruka and Michiru to move in as well and all help raise Hotaru. I did something just like that in my fanfic.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 8 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator