Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The New Dub of The Movies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
can some one please tell me when it will be on amazon instant video

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
aceina wrote:
can some one please tell me when it will be on amazon instant video

If we knew, we would've responded with an answer the first time you asked. Best bet is to tweet Viz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
thank you for responding sorry about being anoying just i dont like to be ignored a simple dont know would have been nice sooner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here are images from the Pioneer DVD menus. They're a bit inconsistent, which would be corrected in the S and SS movies.

Attachments:
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h01m52s941.png
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h01m52s941.png [ 547.91 KiB | Viewed 2317 times ]
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h02m13s795.png
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h02m13s795.png [ 531.01 KiB | Viewed 2320 times ]
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h01m58s117.png
vlcsnap-2017-04-19-11h01m58s117.png [ 596.12 KiB | Viewed 2318 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm actually a bit annoyed at the way Viz handles the credits for their releases. There's nothing wrong with keeping them in Japanese, but there should always be English credits SOMEWHERE on their release. Not helping things is Studiopolis' outdated way of crediting their English actors. It's ridiculous that we have to guess who some of the voices are.

But I'm impressed with the image quality of this Blu-ray. I'm seriously considering selling my 3 TV Blu-ray sets, and just getting the DVDs for the series to save money, but I'll definitely still be getting the movies on BD.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
The NIS America release of CCS resolved this issue by having English credits at the end of all the episodes on the disc. Was the equivalent exchange trade off for getting better Blu Ray quality having this awful cover?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's actually pretty tho :love:

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 2.23.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 2.23.38 PM.png [ 381.77 KiB | Viewed 2106 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Bootleg cover.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:41 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Bootleg cover? Where?
Nothing that was posted was a bootleg.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
JamesHeart wrote:
Bootleg cover? Where?
Nothing that was posted was a bootleg.

I wasn't commenting that it was bootleg lol, more so I wanted to say it looks like a bootleg cover. (Nor was I replying back to you, so I hope you don't take it as offense as me raining down on your like for the cover! I just saw an earlier post and wanted to comment).

But the cover looks atrocious to me and looks like a bootlegger put it together (even thoug hI've seen some actual nice covers they've done).

I really like Australia's Sailor moon Dvd covers.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 297.64 KiB | Viewed 1761 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:31 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Posted today...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:56 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So which movie release is better? US or Australia and which one has the japanese credits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:02 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
snowmint wrote:
So which movie release is better? US or Australia and which one has the japanese credits.

http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopi ... 98#p860398

Both use the same masters and Australia has the English credits for both the movie & special.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I rather have the JP credits. Does the US have it? Is it true the HD source was still tampered by Viz?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
snowmint wrote:
I rather have the JP credits. Does the US have it? Is it true the HD source was still tampered by Viz?

Yes to the credits, they're only in English if you buy it digitally but they're in Japanese on the discs.

As for the HD source, I would say yes they did because, and for those claiming it was all Toei, Toei hasn't used THAT much DNR for movies since the 3 Galaxy Express 999 films for the 2009 Blu-ray box set. Almost every other movie release of theirs have been better in comparison (and I say almost because the only other exception is with some of the Digimon movies as seen here).

I would say to wait for the Japanese release to come out to see if there's any differences in video quality but that probably won't happen for a while with the series getting released over there right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
snowmint wrote:

Yes to the credits, they're only in English if you buy it digitally but they're in Japanese on the discs.

As for the HD source, I would say yes they did because, and for those claiming it was all Toei, Toei hasn't used THAT much DNR for movies since the 3 Galaxy Express 999 films for the 2009 Blu-ray box set. Almost every other movie release of theirs have been better in comparison (and I say almost because the only other exception is with some of the Digimon movies as seen here).

I would say to wait for the Japanese release to come out to see if there's any differences in video quality but that probably won't happen for a while with the series getting released over there right now.

I'm pretty sure the DNR was applied by Toei. I mean we've seen from Viz's TV release that they don't really know how to apply DNR properly LOL plus Toei's upscale of the TV series sees about the same amount of DNR as the Sailor Moon R movie BD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One of my local theaters just announced that they're screening the R movie in August. They're partnering up with a local tattoo parlor for International Sailor Moon weekend. If anyone lives near Richmond VA: https://www.facebook.com/events/125452874712647/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I saw that on Facebook last night! A friend of mine is going, so I might check it out. We do International Sailor Moon Day in Philadelphia, but it's always poorly organized and way out in the middle of nowhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10