* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Hulu-to-BD/DVD Subtitle Comparisons
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:41 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This thread will compare those that Sabrblade noticed in the Hulu subs, to the ones in the home video release. Let's begin with Episodes 1 & 2!

Episode 1
Quote:
The lyrics to “Moonlight Densetsu” are unsubbed.

Now Subbed. Mostly translated, but some left in Japanese, at the lyricist's request.
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “The Crybaby Usagi’s Beautiful Transformation”

Fixed to “The Crybaby: Usagi's Beautiful Transformation”
Quote:
“Mama” is subbed as “Mom”.
The sign outside the school is subbed as “JUBAN PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL”.

These not changed
Quote:
“Tsukino-san” is subbed as just “Tsukino”.

Subbed as "Miss Tsukino"
Quote:
“Maboroshi no Ginzuishou” is subbed as “Legendary Silver Crystal”.
“Shihaisha” is subbed as “great ruler”

These not changed
Quote:
“Youma” is subbed as “Monster”, with an uppercase M.

"Monster" is now fixed to "monster".
Quote:
The sign for the Juban-chō Shopping District is subbed as “Juban District”.

Now subbed as "Juban Shopping District"
Quote:
“Lucky!” is subbed as “score!”
“Papa” is subbed as “Dad”.
“Odango atama” is subbed as “bun-head”.
These not changed
Quote:
The sign outside the Tsukino house that lists the names of all four of its residents is subbed instead as “TSUKINO RESIDENCE”.

Fixed as this:
KENJI TSUKINO
IKUKO
USAGI
SHINGO
Quote:
“Present” is subbed as “gift”.
“Senshi” is subbed as “Guardian”.
When Morga is choking Naru, her use of “Mama” is instead subbed as “Mother”. After which it switches back to “Mom”.
“Ai to seigi no… sailor fuku bishoujo senshi… Sailor Moon!” is subbed as “I’m the pretty guardian… who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon!”

These not changed
Quote:
“Tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo!” is subbed as “In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “Uh, I’m.. “I’m the pretty guardian… who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "Uh, I’m.. “I’m the Pretty Guardian… who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Luna’s use of the word “Youma” is subbed as “monster” with a lowercase M.
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “I’m Tuxedo Mask! Crying won’t solve anything, Sailor Moon!”
“Kaibutsu” is also subbed as “monster”.

These not changed
Quote:
The lyrics to “Heart Moving” are unsubbed.

Now Subbed
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, “Seigi no mikata” (meaning “ally of justice”) is subbed as “superhero”.
“Uranai House” (meaning “House of Fortune”, “Fortune House”, “Fortune-Telling House”, etc.) is subbed as “Fortune Teller”.
“Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon” is subbed as “Next time on Sailor Moon”.
The subs title the next episode “Punishment Awaits: The House of Fortune is The Monster Mansion”.
The closing tagline is subbed as “The moonlight is a messenger of love.”

These not changed

Episode 2
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “You know what’s worse than being rude and damaging things that aren’t yours? People who think nothing of other people’s feelings! I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "You know what's worse than old men jealous over the Waka Taka brothers' popularity? People who think nothing of other people's feelings! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Kono Sailor Moon ga tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo” is subbed as “I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a Cancer with blood type O. My birth stone is a pearl, and… I’m a bit of a klutz. I also tend to cry a lot… One day, this strange black cat named Luna appeared… and turned me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever makes me really nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Changed to "I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm 14, and in my second year of middle school. I'm a Cancer, and my blood type is O. My birth stone is a pearl. I'm bit of a klutz, and I'm also kind of a crybaby, too. One day, this strange black cat named Luna appeared...and turned me into a guardian in a sailor uniform...and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I'm sure it'll all work out fine!"
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “I Will Punish You! The House of Fortune is the Monster Mansion”.

Changed to “Punishment Awaits: The House of Fortune is The Monster Mansion”
Quote:
The second name Haruna-sensei calls roll for is subbed as “Kenji Ohta” and the fourth one she calls is subbed as “Yuji Kimura”.
The diary in Umino’s fantasy about dating Usagi is subbed as “SECRET DIARY”, and the “Mama” and “Papa” on the backs of the silhouetted Ikuko and Kenji also seen in his fantasy are subbed as “MOTHER FATHER”.
“Uranai Game” is subbed as “fortune telling game”.
The heart logo on Umino’s game is subbed as “Happy Couple”
“Uranai House” is subbed as “House of Fortune”.
Naru’s use of “Jubangai” is subbed as “Juban District”.

These not changed
Quote:
The alley fortune teller’s use of “Jubangai” is subbed as “10th avenue”.

Changed to "Juban District"
Quote:
The logo on the Uranai House is subbed as “HOUSE OF FORTUNE”
“Motoki-oniisan” is subbed as just “Motoki”.
Usagi’s use of “Jubangai” is subbed as “Juban District” again.
After Mamoru leaves, Usagi’s use of “Mou” is subbed as “Cripes” instead of it usual “Jeez” translation.
Yuji’s use of “Sensei” is omitted from the subs of his line of dialogue.
“Sailor Moon henshin yo,” is subbed as “Time to transform into Sailor Moon.”
“Moon Prism Power, Make Up!” does not have a comma in the subs this time, whereas it did have one last episode.

These not changed
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “You know what’s worse than being rude and damaging things that aren’t yours? People who think nothing of other people’s feelings, that’s what! I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "You know what's worse than old men jealous over the Waka Taka brothers' popularity? People who think nothing of other people's feelings, that's what! I am the Petty Guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “No matter how bad things look, don’t ever give up.”
Balm’s name is subbed as “Baum” (ADV subbed her name as “Bam”).
Umino’s use of “Haruna-sensei” is subbed as “Ms. Haruna”.

These not changed
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode “The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness, Protect the Girls in Love.”

Changed to “The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness: Protect the Girls in Love.”

I'll post more episode sub changes later. Taking a break, for now.

Last edited by Mercurius on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hulu-to-Home-Video Comparisons
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:44 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Monster to moster

You've gotta be kidding. How did they "fix" something that wasn't broken?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:48 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorWelshy wrote:
Monster to moster

You've gotta be kidding. How did they "fix" something that wasn't broken?

Fixed. That was my mistake.

BTW, there will be some of my typos. Mention them to me, and I'll double check.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
WAHOO! Dude, you rock!!! :dance: :thumbsup:

Though, that speech in episode 2 is sure different. IIRC, the redub uses the same speech as the one Hulu used. Though, now this would explain why people wanted a comparison of the Hulu speech from the Chanella episode to the one ADV used for that same episode, since ADV's version of the speech was wildly different.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 am 
Luna
Luna
Now, for episodes 3 thru 5!

Episode 3
Quote:
In the pre-episode preview, what was subbed as an “Abominable snowman!” joke by ADV is subbed here as a “And this isn’t a crosswalk!” joke.
Not changed
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Trampling on the innocent hearts of girls, even if they are silly with spring fever… That’s crossing the line! And this isn’t a crosswalk! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a Cancer and a blood type of O. My birthstone is a pearl. And I’m a bit of a klutz. And some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange black cat named Luna appeared and turned me into a guardian in a sailor uniform and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”
Changed to "I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm 14, and in my second year of middle school. I'm a Cancer, and my blood type is O. My birth stone is a pearl. I'm bit of a klutz, and I'm also kind of a crybaby, too. One day, this strange black cat named Luna appeared...and turned me into a guardian in a sailor uniform...and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I'm sure it'll all work out fine!"
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness, Protect the Girls in Love”
Re subbed as “The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness: Protect the Girls in Love”
Quote:
Jadeite’s use of “Queen Beryl-sama” is omitted from the subs of his line of dialogue about everything going according to plan but needing more time to assure his success.

Subbed as "Queen Beryl..."
Quote:
Flau’s name is subbed as “Furau” (ADV subbed her name as “Flowa”).
Haruna’s pen name is subbed as “Haruna the Dreamer”.
“Jubangai” is subbed as just “Juban”.
Jadeite’s radio alias is subbed as “J. Daito” (ADV subbed it as “J-Dite”).
FM No.10 is subbed as “FM Ten”.

No changes
Quote:
Luna’s yelling “USAGI!” is subbed as “Usagi Tsukino!”

Changed to "Usagi!"
Quote:
Kenji’s newspaper headings are not subbed.

Now subbed as "A NEW MODERN DISEASE?! MYSTERIOUS SLEEPING OUTBREAK"
Quote:
Ikuko’s use of “Papa” towards Kenji is subbed as “dear”.
Usagi’s uses of both “Sensei” and “Haruna-sensei” are subbed as “Ms. Haruna”.
“Lucky!” is subbed as “Lucky for me!”

No changes
Quote:
Umino’s use of “Haruna-sensei” is subbed as “Miss Haruna”.

Changed to "Ms. Haruna"
Quote:
A different use of “Lucky” got subbed as “lucked out”.
“Neko-chan” is subbed as “kitty”.

No changes
Quote:
Naru’s and Umino’s simultaneous “Dōshite?!” (“Why?!”) is subbed as “What?! You’re jealous?!”

Changed to "Why's that?!"
Quote:
When Usagi is sent away from the radio station by the guard, FM No. 10 is first subbed as “FM Number Ten” and then again as “FM Ten” back in Usagi’s room.
The name of Haruna-sensei’s love letter that was read on the radio earlier is subbed as “Haruna in Love”.

No changes
Quote:
Luna’s other yelling of “USAGI!” is again subbed as “Usagi Tsukino!”

Fixed back to "Usagi!"
Quote:
The Hensō Pen is not named in the subs as its name won’t actually be spoken onscreen until episode 52.
Like last episode, “Moon Prism Power, Make Up!” is subbed without the comma it had in episode 1’s subs.

No changes
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “The pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon! Trampling on the innocent hearts of young girls in love is crossing the line. This isn’t a crosswalk! (Luna: “Just leave out the “crosswalk” part!”) Oh yeah… Anyway! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the "you will be punished!" is changed to "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Ai to seigi no sailor fuku bishoujo senshi … Sailor Moon!” is subbed as “The pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon!”

No change
Quote:
The Juban-chō Shopping District sign is not subbed.

Subbed as "JUBAN SHOPPING DISTRICT"
Quote:
Haruna-sensei’s use of “Tsukino-san!” at the end of the episode is subbed as “Usagi!” instead of just “Tsukino” like in episode 1.

Changed to "Miss Tsukino!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, “nikuman” is subbed as “pork bun”.
The subs title the next episode “Learn How To Be Skinny From Usagi.”

No changes

Episode 4
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Preying on young girls’ dreams of becoming fit is just about the most evil thing you can do. It’s unforgivable! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to “Preying on young girls’ dreams of becoming skinny is just about the most evil thing you can do. It’s unforgivable! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!!”
Quote:
In the pre-episode preview, “Kono Sailor Moon ga tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo” is subbed as “I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!” (same as last episode)

As with last episode "you'll be punished" is changed to "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “Learn How to be Skinny From Usagi”

No change
Quote:
Usagi’s scream is subbed as “What?”

Changed to "Huh?"
Quote:
“Haruna” is subbed as “Ms. Haruna”.

No change
Quote:
The gym’s name is subbed as “Shaperin” (ADV subbed it a “Shapely”).

Now subbed as "SHAPELIN"...but in the promo vid, Rie says the gym name as "Shaperin". Same with Jadeite, in disguise, after Usagi, Naru and the girls enter.
Quote:
The name of the actress in the promotional video for the gym is subbed as “Rie Goto” (ADV subbed her name as “Rie Gotou”).
“Shape Kōsen” is subbed as “Shape Ray”.
The sign above the door to the spa where Usagi is subbed “SPA ROOM”
“Nikuman” is subbed as “pork bun” (ADV subbed it as “dumpling”).
“Onii-san” is subbed as just “Motoki”.
“Nice Catch” is subbed as “Good Catch”

No changes
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “Release Ms. Haruna from there! Preying on the dreams of girls who want to be fit! You’re an unforgivable enemy of all women! (Jadeite: “So it’s you again.”) You bet it is! I am the pretty guardian… Who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon… and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Only things changed are:
-"fit" to "skinny"
-"Jadeite: "So it's you again?"
-"pretty guardian" is capitalized as "Pretty Guardian"
-"...who fights for love and justice..."
-and "I am Sailor Moon...and in the name of the Moon, you'll be punished!" to "I am Sailot Moon! In the name of the Moon I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Ai to seigi no… sailor fuku bishoujo senshi… Sailor Moon… Tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo!” is subbed as “I am the pretty guardian… Who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon… and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

See last 3 changes above this.
Quote:
The video for this Viz release has finally corrected the technical error that has existed in all previous versions (to my knowledge) of this episode! When Sailor Moon goes for the third enemy and dodges the weight he swings at her, the glitch in this part that originally played a split-second of stock footage from Sailor Moon’s transformation sequence in the middle of this part for no good reason is cut out! However, the result of this is makes it look like the guy swinging the weight halt his motion mid-swing for that split-second before continuing the swing’s full range of motion. So it’s not exactly something that could be fixed with perfection.

That split second stock footage is slightly-faded.
Quote:
“Chance!” is subbed as “Now!”

Changed to "Now's my chance!"
Quote:
“Thank you!” is subbed as “Thanks, mom!”

Changed to "Thanks!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode “Scent Of A Monster: Chanella Will Steal Your Love.” Even though this very same preview subs the pets’ name as “Chanela” (one L) right before the title.

No change

Episode 5
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “I’m really mad! How dare you use people’s love of cute pets against them! I won’t let you get away with treating people like this! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "Frilled-neck lizards, albino Mexican salamanders, and the human face fish are all mad! They're mad and saying "We're not your toys!" I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
In the pre-episode preview, “Kono Sailor Moon ga tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo” is subbed the same as it was in episode 3.

And, in episode 3, the only thing changed was the last part, "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a Cancer and a blood type of O. My birthstone is a pearl. And I’m a bit of a klutz and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange black cat named Luna appeared… and turned me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

See Episode 3's Usagi pre-title card.
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “Scent Of A Monster: Chanela Will Steal Your Love”

No change
Quote:
When Usagi asks Luna why Luna was in Shingo’s room, the subs misspell “Shingo’s” as “Shigo’s”.

Fixed to "Shingo's"
Quote:
“Tsuki no Princess” and “Tsuki no Pudding” are both rightfully subbed as “Moon Princess” and “Moon Pudding”, respectively.
The sign over the pet shop is subbed as “PET SHOP ROPE”
The pet store kitten licking the little girl’s finger is identified in these subs as a male (ADV subs called it a female).

No changes
Quote:
Iguara’s name is spelled correctly in these subs (ADV misspelled her name as “Iguana”).

Changed to "Iguaura"
Quote:
The sign outside of Shingo’s school is subbed as “JUBAN MUNICPAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL”.

Changed to "JUBAN PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL"
Quote:
The sign for the newly opened pet shop is subbed as “PET SHOP: PERFUME”

Changed to "PET SHOP PERFUME"
Quote:
The plural form of “Chanela” as given in these subs is “Chanelas”.
In one frame at the 13:05 mark (Hulu player time), a thin speck of while dust appears onscreen that sticks out of the side of Kenji’s hair towards Ikuko.
Other dust particles appear onscreen in this scene, but they were too fast for me to screencap. ^_^

No changes, even the dust particles are still there.
Quote:
Ironically, though the sign on the wall outside Usagi’s school is the only thing onscreen when coming back from the commercial break eyecatch, there are no subtitles for the sign.

This got fixed to subbing as "JUBAN PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL"
Quote:
The subs for Usagi’s line of “But should they be bringing them to school?” appear onscreen a bit late, a little after she started speaking.
Usagi’s use of “Haruna” is subbed as “Ms. Haruna”.

No changes
Quote:
“Chanela” is subbed as “pet” in the line of “I gotta see my pet now!”

Changed to "I gotta see my Chanela!"
Quote:
Umino’s use of “Sensei” is subbed as “Ms. Haruna”.
Naru’s mentioning of Pet Shop: Perfume is subbed as just “Perfume” (in her line of “I think at a place called Perfume.”).

No change
Quote:
After Usagi, under the influence of the Chanela she just bought, insults Usagi, Luna makes a statement that she knows it’s not Usagi’s fault for how Usagi is acting. In these subs, this statement is written as though she were speaking to herself (“Hang in there… It’s not Usagi’s fault…”), while ADV subbed it as though Luna were speaking to Usagi (“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.”). Interesting.

Changed to "Patience, Luna... it's not Usagi's fault..."
Quote:
Luna’s “Yappari hottokenai wa,” (“I still won’t turn my back on her!”) is subbed as “I have to make a move now.”

Changed to "I can't let her stay this way."
Quote:
“Moon Prism Power… Make Up!” is subbed this time like so.

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “I’m really mad! How dare you use people’s love of cute pets against them?! I won’t let you get away with treating people like this! I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you’ll be punished!”

Changed to "Frilled-neck lizards, albino Mexican salamanders, and the human face fish are all mad! They're mad and saying "We're not your toys!" I am the Pretty Guardain who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! On behalf of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Ai to seigi no sailor fuku bishoujo senshi! Sailor Moon! Tsuki ni kawatte oshiokiyo!” is subbed as “I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you’ll be punished!”

Re-subbed as "I am the Pretty Guardain who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! On behalf of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Moon’s speaking of Shingo’s name as she runs away from the possessed, mutated children is not subbed here.

It's subbed as "Shingo..."
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Protect The Melody Of Love: Usagi Plays Cupid!”

No change here.

Last edited by Mercurius on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Now, for Episode 6...

Quote:
In the pre-episode preview, Usagi’s first “Yurusenai!” is subbed as “What?!”

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “What?! Someone’s using beautiful music for an evil plot?! That’s unforgiveable! And trying to take away a grown-up’s right to find love?! I bet that Bach, the father of music, would be really mad! I am Sailor Moon… and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed the last part to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment changed for the first time in this episode, and is subbed “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a Cancer and a blood type of O. My birthstone is a pearl. And I’m a bit of a klutz. And some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Changed to "I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm 14, and in my second year of middle school. I'm a Cancer, and my blood type is O. My birth stone is a pearl. I'm bit of a klutz, and I'm also kind of a crybaby, too. One day, this strange black cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform...and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I'm sure it'll work out fine!
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Protect the Melody Of Love: Usagi Plays Cupid”
Kyurene’s name is spelled correctly in these subs (DV misspelled it as “Kurene”).
The recording studio worker’s use of “Amade-san” is subbed as “Mr. Amade”.
“Yu-chan” is subbed as “Yusuke”.
Akiko’s use of “demo tape” is subbed as just “demo”.
“Bye bye” is subbed as just “Bye”.
Usagi’s use of “Amade Yusuke… AMADE YUSUKE?!!!” is subbed as “Yusuke Amade… Wait, you’re Yusuke Amade?!”
“Accessory” is subbed as “neckwear”.
“Cream soda” is subbed as “A soda float!”

No changes.
Quote:
The other waiter’s use of “Amade-san” is subbed as “Yusuke”.

Changed to "Mr. Amade"
Quote:
Usagi’s use of “Oji-san” in the garage is subbed as “Sir”. Before, her uses of it varied between things like “grown up”, “man”, “adult”, “old guy”, etc.

Changed to "Mister!"
Quote:
Yusuke’s use of “demo tape” is subbed as “demo tape”.

Subbed as "tape", while Yusuke was lying down in the garage, but "demo tape" used, while he was in the car with Usagi.
Quote:
“Seigi ni mikata” (ally of justice) is subbed as “champion of justice”.

Now subbed as "Because I fight for justice."
Quote:
Usagi’s line of “Daijōbu janai wa yo!” (“I’m not okay!”) is subbed as “I just fell on my butt! What do you think?!”

Changed to "No, I'm not okay!"
Quote:
Luna’s “Usagi-chan!” is subbed as “Go, Usagi!”

Changed to "Usagi!"
Quote:
“Moon Prism Power Make Up!” is subbed like so.

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “I am the pretty guardian… who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon! I won’t let you use beautiful music for your evil plot! I bet that Haydn, the father of music, would be really mad, too! (Luna: “But Bach’s the father of music!”) Don’t be a know-it-all. You’re making me look bad. And now, in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changed to "I am the Pretty Guardian… who fights for love and for justice… I am Sailor Moon! I won’t let you use beautiful music for your evil plot! I bet that Haydn, the father of music, would be really mad, too! (Luna: “But Bach’s the father of music!”) She wouldn't have known that if you hasn't said it! Anyway, in the the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s use of “Amade-san” is subbed as “Yusuke”.

Changed to "Mr. Amade"
Quote:
Usagi’s last use of “Oji-san” is subbed as “Right, Yusuke?”

Changed to "Right, Mister?"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the video quality suddenly drops to a much lower, much more fuzzy and more blurry quality than the rest of the video, even with the settings on Hulu manually set to High.

Viz's attempt to restore it resulted in a grainy, blurry finish.
Quote:
“Idol Caravan” is subbed as “talent show”.
The subs title the next episode “Usagi Learns Her Lesson: Becoming A Star Is Hard Work.”

No changes

Last edited by Mercurius on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:01 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wonder why they went with "On behalf of the Moon" for some cases instead of staying consistent with the more commonly occurring "In the name of the Moon".

Mercurius wrote:
Changed the last part to "I am Sailor Moon In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
No punctuation between "Moon" and "In"?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:31 pm 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
Wonder why they went with "On behalf of the Moon" for some cases instead of staying consistent with the more commonly occurring "In the name of the Moon".

Mercurius wrote:
Changed the last part to "I am Sailor Moon In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!["/quote] No punctuation between "Moon" and "In"?

Fixed those.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
From here on out, I'll do 2 episodes per post. So, here we go with episodes 7 & 8!

Episode 7
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “You evil fiend! How dare you place fake glass slippers on the hearts of young girls who dream of becoming Cinderella! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last part changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment changed a bit again and is subbed “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. And I’m a bit of a klutz. and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Changed to "I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm 14, and in my second year of middle school. I'm bit of a klutz, and I'm also kind of a crybaby, too. One day, this strange black cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform...and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I'm sure it'll work out fine!"
Quote:
Viz subs title the episode as “Usagi Learns Her Lesson: Becoming a Star Is Hard Work” (first time all three titles are identical)

No change
Quote:
The poster Usagi sees is subbed as “FEELING EXHAUSTED? TRY THIS ENERGY BOOSTER!” even though it actually says something like “Mikan’s recommendation for anyone tired.”

The sub changed to "Feeling exhausted? Try this energy booster"...
Quote:
Umino’s use of “Mikan-chan” is subbed a “Mikan Shiratori”
Umino’s reference to the school’s name is subbed as “Juban Middle School”.
The data on Umino’s computer is subbed as:
“MIKAN SHIRATORI: AGE 17
COMMERCIALS: 8
MONTHY INCOME: 2,000,000 YEN”
“Scout” is at first subbed as “discovered” (rather than “scouted”), and then properly subbed as “scouts” (in reference to talent scouts).

No changes
Quote:
Umino’s use of “Usagi-san” is subbed as “Usagi Tsukino”.

Changed to "Usagi..."
Quote:
The sign outside the large windowed building is subbed as “CH. 9 NEW SPRING SERIES: ROCK! PAPER! SCISSORS WITH MIKAN”

No change
Quote:
The lyrics to “Moonlight Densetsu” that Usagi and Naru sing are subbed as “I’m sorry I can’t be honest with you I’d be able to tell you in a dream Just before my thought circuits short out I want to see you right this moment”

Changed to "Gomen-ne it's hard for me to say Although it's easy to say it in my dreams My thought circuit is about to break down You know right now, I want you with me"
Quote:
Shingo calls their singing “screeching” (ADV had him call their singing “killing the cat”)

No change
Quote:
Shingo’s “Sayonara!” is subbed as “Yeah, whatever!”

Changed to "Sorry to bother you!"
Quote:
Morelyrics: “Guided by the moonlight We meet over and over again Counting the…”

Changed to "The moonlight guides us to our destination dear Time and again, we'll find each other Counting the..."
Quote:
The sign on Usagi’s room is subbed as “DO NOT ENTER”

No change
Quote:
Umino’s use of “Naru” is subbed as “Thank you, Naru”.

Changed back to "Naru"
Quote:
The note on Mikan’s bouquet is subbed as “TO MIKAN”
“V Balance!” is subbed as “Watch this!”

No change
Quote:
“Odango atama” this time is subbed as “Miss Bun-Head”.

Changed to "Bun-head"
Quote:
Mamoru’s use of “Cinderella Caravan” is subbed as “Cinderella contest”.
The original “pan (bread)/pantsu (panties)” joke got subbed as “I needed some bread, and the grocer said it was “under there.””
“Oh, yeah?”
“And a moment later, they gave me these!”
“Why?”
“When they said “under there,” I said “under where”?!”
No changes

Quote:
“…Mirakuru romansu!” is subbed as “…our miracle romance”

Changed to "This is the miracle of romance"
Quote:
The stamps Mikan puts on the winners’ hands are subbed a “PASSED”

No change
Quote:
The Shan Shan Plaza is subbed as such.

Changed to "Shan-Shan Plaza"
Quote:
“Star” is subbed as “famous” instead of “stars” for this part (right after Naru and Umino first sang).

Changed to "stars"
Quote:
The original “hagetaka/hadaka” joke got subbed as “What happens if you pluck all the feathers off a bald eagle?”
“Nothing. ‘cause it’s already bald!”
Naru’s autographs are subbed as “NARU OSAKA”
“Tape” is subbed as “streamers”

No changes
Quote:
Right after the classroom scene, Luna’s use of “Cinderella Caravan” is subbed as “Cinderella contest”.

Changed to "Cinderella Caravan contest"
Quote:
As the other students begin to argue, Usagi’s use of “star” is subbed as “famous”.

Changed to "stars"
Quote:
The sign outside the Shan Shan Plaza is subbed as “YOU CAN BE A STAR, TOO! CINDERELLA CARAVAN”
“Shin V Balance!” (“A new V Balance!”) is subbed as “Check out this full boat pose!”
“Moon Prism Power Make Up!” is subbed as such.

No changes
Quote:
Naru and Umino’s final “Mirakuru romansu!” is subbed as “I believe in our miracle romance”

Changed to "This is the miracle of romance"
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “You evil fiend! How dare you place fake glass slippers on the hearts of young girls who dream of becoming Cinderella! I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just "pretty guardian changed to "Pretty Guardian" and "you'll be punished" to "I'll punish you"
Quote:
“Kore wa! Nani-yatsu?!” (“What! Who?!”) is subbed as “My glass prison! Who’s there?!”

Changed to "What? Who did that?!"
Quote:
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “You’re the star of this show now, Sailor Moon! “

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s use of “Tuxedo Kamen!” is subbed as “Thanks, Tuxedo Mask!”

Changed to "Tuxedo Mask!"
Quote:
“Matte!” (“Hold it!”) is subbed as “You’ll pay for this!”

Change to "Come back!"
Quote:
“Kansai” is subbed as “that accent”.
Luna’s “’Hai hai’, ja nai no!” (“Don’t ‘Okay okay” me!”) is subbed as “Don’t give me that!”

No change
Quote:
In the next –episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Is the Genius Girl A Demon? The Brainwashing Cram School Of Horror.”

Changed to "The Girl Genius Is a Monster: The Brainwashing Cram School Of Horror.”

Episode 8
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Whether it’s Einstein, Hawking gifted minds are here to better mankind! I won’t allow them to fall into the hands of evil! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changes: '...Hawking, gifted minds..."; and "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. And I’m a bit of a klutz. and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Changed to "I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm 14, and in my second year of middle school. I'm bit of a klutz, and I'm also kind of a crybaby, too. One day, this strange black cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform...and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I'm sure it'll work out fine!"
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Is The Girl Genius A Demon?! The Brainwashing Cram School Of Horror”

Resubbed as "The Girl Genius is a Monster: The Brainwashing Cram School Or Horror", but the Dub has Steph Sheh saying “Is The Girl Genius A Demon?! The Brainwashing Cram School Of Horror”
Quote:
Jadiete’s listing off of the many levels of the best type of schooling that parents try to get their children into, from preschool to grade school to middle school to high school to college, is subbed as “Some parents will go to unimaginable lengths in order to get their children into a top-rated university. From pre-school to high school, they’ll stop at nothing to see that their children get the best education.”
Luna’s passphrase for the Game Machine is subbed as “The rabbit on the moon pounds rice into mochi.”
“The moon mocha is sticky.”
“It turned bubbly on the griil.”
The exam grade board is subbed as:
“NATIONAL PRACTICE EXAM RANKING
NO. 1 - AMI MIZUNO
“Manshon” is subbed as “condo”.
Usagi’s “H-Hai!” (“Y-Yes!”) to Motoki is subbed as “Oh! Hi!”

No changes
Quote:
Ami’s “Domo arigato” (“Thank you”) to Usagi is subbed as “It was fun.”

Changed to "see you later."
Motoki’s “Usagi-chan” and Usagi’s “Hai!” are subbed as “Oh, there you are.” and “Motoki!”
Changed to "Hey, Usagi!" and "Yes?"
Quote:
The sign on the cram school is subbed as “CRYSTAL SEMINAR”

No change
Quote:
“Odango atama” is again subbed as “Miss Bun-Head” instead of just “Bun-head”.

Changed to "Bun-head"
Quote:
The brainwashing program is subbed as “Give us all your knowledge and mental energy… Offer it up to our great ruler… And become… …our servant.”

No change
Quote:
“Moon Prism Power Make… Up!” is subbed like so.

Changed to "Moon Prism Power Make Up!"
Quote:
Garoben’s name is spelled correctly in the subs.

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s use of “Mizuno-san” is subbed as “Ami”.

Changed to "Mizuno"
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “Let her go, you evil hag! Gifted minds are here to better mankind! I won’t allow them to fall into the hands of evil! I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! And now, in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changes in her speech: "...you evil hag!" is now "Let her go, you monster!"; "pretty guardian" to "Pretty Guardian"; & "And now, in the name of the Moon, you'll be punished" is now "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s repeating of Luna’s gravity answer had the word “Fine!” added to it at its beginning.

"Fine!" is removed, leaving just Sailor Moon's repeating of Luna's answer.
Quote:
‘Mercury Power Make Up!” is subbed like so.
“Shabon Spray” is renamed “Bubble Spray”

No changes
Quote:
Luna’s use of “bishoujo senshi” is subbed as “pretty sailor guardian”.

Changed to "Pretty Guardian"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, Usagi’s proverb is subbed as “Time is money, fall in love while you can”
The subs title the next episode as “Usagi’s Disaster: Beware Of The Clock Of Confusion!”

No changes

Last edited by Mercurius on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Now, for episodes 9 & 10!

Episode 9
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “There’s no way I’d let anyone get away with wasting a girl’s precious time! I bet even a cuckoo in a cuckoo clock is angry! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changes in speech: "wasting a" is changed to "messing with", and "I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished" is now "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. And I’m a bit of a klutz. and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “Usagi’s Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion"
The subs retain Usagi’s original statement of she and Ami going “window shopping”, but with the words “window shop” instead.

No change
Quote:
The sign above the new clock store is subbed as:
“CLOCK LOOK
SPRING BIG SALE WEEK”

""SPRING BIG SALE WEEK" is now "BIG SPRING SALE WEEK"
Quote:
When Ikuko says that Umino’s mother bought seven clocks, the subs write Umino’s name as “Gurio” (his first name) despite Ikuko saying “Umino” (his last name). And this is mere seconds after she said “Umino” previously, which the subs did write as “Umino”.

"Gurio" is fixed back to "Umino"
Quote:
“Kami-sama” is subbed as “somebody out there” in Usagi’s inner thought of “I guess Kami-sama is watching out for me!” (ADV subbed this inner thought as “Looks like God didn’t abandon me after all…”)

No change
Quote:
Ikuko’s use of “Mizuno-san” is subbed as “Ami”

Changed to "Mizuno"
Quote:
The subs say that Shingo left at 6 (in the morning).
Umino’s quoted saying is subbed as “Life is short. So find your love while you can!”
Ramua’s name is spelled correctly in the subs.
Jadeite’s referring to Moon and Mercury as “yatsura” is subbed as “those two guardians”.
The stop button on the bus is subbed as “STOP REQUEST”.
The people waiting at the bus stop reacting to the bus not stopping for them to get on it had their brief dialogue NOT subtitled. There should have been subtitles for them that said something like “The bus!”

No changes
Quote:
The sign above the clock store is now subbed as just “CLOCK LOOK”

Changed to:
"CLOCK LOOK
BIG SALE 50~70% OFF"
Quote:
“Mercury Power Make Up!” is subbed like so.

No change
Quote:
The Sailor Senshi speech is subbed as :
Moon: “I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! “
Mercury: “And I am Sailor Mercury!”
Both: “And we’re here to take you down!”
Moon: “There’s no way I’d let anyone get away with wasting a girl’s precious time! I bet even the cuckoo in the cuckoo clock is angry! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

“And we’re here to take you down!” is now just "We're here to take you down!"; and again "wasting a" is now "messing with", as well as "In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!" is now "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
The use of “Sailor Moon, Mercury,” is subbed as “girls.”

Changed to "you two."
Quote:
Usagi’s imagining herself as an elderly Sailor Moon has the subs read her fantasized line of “Bishoujo senshi Sailor Moon ja” as “I’m Sailor Moon, the shriveled-up guardian…”

Changed to "I'm Sailor Moon, the Pretty Guardian..."
Quote:
Usagi’s “Okay!” is subbed as “Got it!”

No change
Quote:
The Juban-chō Shopping District sign is subbed as “JUBAN DISTRICT”

Changed to "JUBAN SHOPPING DISTRICT"
Quote:
Luna and Ami’s closing comments about Usagi had some awkward tensing to them, with Luna speaking in a future tense while Ami speaks in present tense:
Luna: “She’ll be like that for the rest of her life.”
Ami: “Yeah! She sure is.”

Changed Ami's sub to "I guess so."
Quote:
In the next episode preview, “miko” is subbed as “shrine maiden”.
The subs title the next episode “The Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, The Guardian of Fire!”

No change

Episode 10
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “This is unforgivable! I’d never let anyone get away with kidnapping young girls who dream of finding love! But until the day when every family is safe and love is a universal truth… I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last part to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode “THE CURSED BUS: ENTER MARS, THE GUARDIAN OF FIRE”

Fixed to "The Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, the Guardian of Fire"
Quote:
“Sendai-Zakaue” is written as such in the subs.
“Hikawa Jinja” and “Sendai-Zaka” are subbed as “Hikawa Shrine” and “Sendai-Zaka” (no change), respectively.
The Hikawa Shrine sign is subbed as “HIKAWA SHRINE”
“Honō no Kami” is subbed as “Spirit Flame”.
“Oji-chan” is subbed as “Grandpa”.
Usagi’s accidental double entendre is subbed as “So this is a shrine maiden! I wouldn’t mind doing that part-time!”

No changes
Quote:
“Akuryō… Taisen!” is subbed as “Evil spirit… Be exorcized!”

Changed to "Evil spirit, be exorcised!"
Quote:
Jadeite’s use of “Rei-san” is subbed as “Miss Rei”.

No change
Quote:
The bus stop sign is subbed as “SENDAI-ZAKAUE BUS STOP”

Changed to "SENDAI-ZAKA-UE BUS STOP"
Quote:
When investigating the bus stop and noticing all the girl waiting there with amulets from the Hikawa Shrine, one of Ami’s lines is misgrammatically subbed as “Where do find the time for all this?!”
The sign above the bus’s windshield is subbed as “ROUTE - SENDAI-ZAKA”
The evil bus driver’s use of “Jadeite-sama” is subbed as “Master Jadeite”.
Usagi’s attendant speech is subbed as “It’s my sworn duty to see that passengers have a safe and pleasant trip! So I won’t let you take this bus over!” even though she speaks the word “hijack” in the original dialogue. The second sentence would have been better subbed as “Hijacking is unforgivable!”

No changes
Quote:
Rei’s chant is subbed as “Rin pyo to sha kai jin retsu, zai, zen!”

Fixed to show "Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!"
Quote:

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon!” and then “Let Rei go! I won’t let you keep them trapped here! In the name of the Moon… you will be punished!”

Changed the "you will be punished!" to "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Henshin Pen” is subbed as “Transformation Pen”
“Mars Power Make Up!” is subbed like so.
“Nakama” is subbed as “member”

No changes
Quote:
The bus stop sign is subbed again, same as earlier.

And, as earlier, it was altered.
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the amusement park is subbed as “Dream Land” (two words instead of the usual one-worded parsing).
The subs title the next episode as “Usagi vs Rei: Nightmare in Dream Land”

No changes

Taking a time out from checking, I thought I'd share this little tidbit with you, from my PS4:
The white areas, on the bottom left, are the audio specs: AVC, DTS-HD MA, 2ch, 48kHz

Last edited by Mercurius on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:16 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mercurius wrote:
Quote:

Changed to "SENDAI-ZAKA-UE BUST STOP"
Oh dear.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:18 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Mercurius wrote:
Quote:

Oh dear.

Now that's a stop I would love to wait at! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
Mercurius wrote:
Quote:

Oh dear.

XD That's one of my goofs. Fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Thank you so much for this Mercurius!

Pleasantly surprised episode 2 and 5 had their pre-episode preview reverted back. Wonder why they didn't bother with 3's though? (but I'm fine with the replacement) They didn't change every little thing I would've liked, but they changed most at least. Which was far more than I expected, so I'm happy. :)

Last edited by The Blizzard Prince on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:53 am 
Luna
Luna
Episodes 11 & 12!

Episode 11
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Take a spin on the merry-go-round! Ride to the top of the Ferris-wheel! Young girls can’t just stay away from amusement parks like this one! But taking advantage of their pure hearts, is seriously evil! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Changes: "Ride to the top of the pink Ferris-wheel!", "But taking advantage, of their pure hearts," "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a bit of a klutz and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Usagi vs Rei: Nightmare in Dream Land”
The Hikawa Shrine sign is subbed as “HIKAWA SHRINE”

No changes
Quote:
Ami’s “Gomen’nasai” is subbed as “Sorry, Luna…”

Changed to "Sorry..."
Quote:
The sign outside of Yume Land is subbed as:
“DREAM LAND
MANAGEMENT OFFICE
INFORMATION / PA”

Changed to:
“DREAM LAND
MANAGEMENT OFFICE INFORMATION
PA”
Quote:
The capitalization of “Sailor Guardian(s)” varies at different uses throughout the episode. Sometimes the S and G are capitalized, and sometimes they aren’t.

This is addressed, and the capital "S" and "G" of "Sailor Guardian(s)" are consistent throughout.
Quote:
Dream-hime has her name translated as “Princess Dream”.

No change
Quote:
The castle’s name is subbed as the “House of Sweets”. The capitalization of its name also varies in this episode.

This was also addressed and the capitalization of it stayed throughout.
Quote:
A line of Rei’s is subbed as “You just don’t get it, Usagi” when she doesn’t verbally speak Usagi’s name.
“Mama” is subbed as “Mommy…”
“Odango atama” is back to being just “Bun-head”.
“Mars Power… Make Up!” is subbed like so.
“Moon Prism Power… Make Up!” is subbed like so.

No changes
Quote:
Mars’s chant is subbed as “Rin Pyo To Sha Kai Jin Retsu Zai Zen!”

Changed to “Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!”
Quote:
“Akuryō Taisen” is subbed as “Evil spirit, be exorcized!”
Murid’s name is spelled as “Moorido” in these subs (ADV spelled it as “Moolyd”)

No changes
Quote:
The Sailor Senshi speech is subbed as:
Moon: “Listen up, monster! You’ll pay for taking advantage of the dreams of pure-hearted girls!
Mars: “Are you one of the girls you’re talking about?”
Moon: “I don’t see why not! Anyway… In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Moon's 2nd part changed to "Does it matter?! Anyway... In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Luna calls the Youma a “demon” instead of a “monster” when the Tuxedo Kamen illusion starts.

Changed back to "monster"
Quote:
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “Stick to dreaming only when you’re asleep… Farewell…”
The second use of “Akuryō Taisen” is subbed as “Evil spirits, be exorcised!”

No changes
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the first thing Usagi says is “Romantic cruise!” yet the subs separate those two words from each other in this sentence: “A night tour on a luxury cruise ship. Now that’s romantic!”

No change
Quote:
The subs title the next episode as “I Want A Boyfriend: The Luxury Cruise Ship Is A Trap.”

Lower-cased the "i" in "is".

Episode 12
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “It’s not fair that you’re only targeting the energy of couples that are in love! I mean, don’t you feel bad for the single girls?! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Only the last part to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I’m Usagi Tsukino, and I’m a 14-year-old middle school student. I’m a bit of a klutz and some people might say I’m a little emotional. One day, this strange cat named Luna gave me a special brooch that transformed me into a guardian in a sailor uniform… and told me I had to fight bad guys! Boy, does that ever make me nervous! But I’m sure it’ll all work out fine!”

Quote:
Viz subs title the episode as “I Want A Boyfriend: The Luxury Cruise Ship Trap”

Fixed to "“I Want A Boyfriend: The Luxury Cruise Ship Is A Trap”
Quote:
“Jadeite-sama” is first subbed as “the great Jadeite” and then later as just “Jadeite”
Thetis (pronounced “Tetis”) has her named subbed as “Tetiz”
“Romantic Cruise Sakusen” is subbed as “Operation Romantic Cruise"

No changes
Quote:
The ad for the cruise is subbed as:
“ROMANTIC CRUISE FROM TOKYO TO YOKOHAMA
SETS SAIL 18:00 - 20:00”

No subs on the ad. :(
Quote:
After Usagi says “I’d like to ride on one of those at least once…” Naru’s dialogue is not subbed. Instead, the subs for Umino’s line of “Looking at those romantic cruises, huh?” appear in its place and stay onscreen until after he finally shows up and speaks that line.

This is fixed with Naru saying, "I heard that tickets have been sold out for a month!"
Quote:
The Juban-chō Shopping District sign is subbed as “JUBAN DISTRICT”.

Changed to "JUBAN SHOPPPING DISTRICT"
Quote:
The lottery sign is subbed as:
“FIRST PRIZE - ROMANTIC CRUISE
TICKETS FOR TWO”

Changed to
"FIRST PRIZE
ROMANTIC CRUISE TICKETS FOR TWO"
Quote:
Subtitles for a bit of dialogue spoken by Rei before she says “Why would you want them?” are missing. Instead only having the existing “Why would you want them?” subs played over both lines of hers.

The subs for Rei in that part changed: ""Tickets for two"...?" You want this?"
Quote:
After Usagi suggests that she and Rei should go in the cruise together, she speaks the word “romantic” to describe what it would be like, yet the subs use the words “lots of fun” instead.

No change
Quote:
Ami’s “D-Demo…” (“B-But…”) at the restaurant is not subbed, with the subs of Rei’s next line after hers starting immediately after Rei’s previous line.

It's been fixed so Ami's "D-Demo..." is subbed as "B-But..."
Quote:
“Lucky!” is subbed as “What luck!”
The “Youma aura” that Luna senses is subbed as “evil energy”.

No changes
Quote:
The sign on the Captain’s cabin door is subbed as “CAPTAIN’S CABIN”

Changed to "CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS
Quote:
A line of Thetis’s has the subs address Jadeite as “Master Jadeite” despite her not verbally speaking his name in this dialogue.
The sign above the reception hall doors is subbed as “RECEPTION HALL”

No changes
Quote:
When onstage, Thetis’ “Jadeite-sama” is subbed as “Master Jadeite”

Changed to just "Jadeite"
Quote:

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! How could you only target the couple’s energy?! Don’t you feel sorry for those without boyfriends?!In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
The subs for Sailor Moon’s “No way…” played way too early, appearing right after Thetis' (Tetiz’s) line of “I will destroy you!” rather than right before Luna’s line of “Be careful, Sailor Moon!”

Fixed the timing of that, but Tetiz' line of "I will destroy you!" was changed to "I'll take you on!"
Quote:
Ugh. Right after Mercury’s line of “We gotta hurry, Sailor Mars!”, Mars’s “E e!” (“Yeah!”) is subbed as “Dam right!”

(dunno if it was Sabr's typo) Re-subbed as "☹ right!"
Quote:
Mercury’s “Ima yo Sailor Moon” (“Now, Sailor Moon!”) is not subbed, with the subs of Moon’s response of “Okay!”instead played over it until Moon says it.

Mercury's “Now, Sailor Moon!” is added and fixed.
Quote:
Usagi’s use of “romantic cruise” after the ship’s rotted state is revealed is subbed as “love connection”.

Changed to "romantic cruise"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Girls Unite: The End Of Jadeite.” (hey, that rhymes!)

Not changed

Last edited by Mercurius on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:59 am 
Luna
Luna
Episodes 13 & 14

Episode 13
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Jadeite! Don’t underestimate the abilities of girls! We can do a lot more than just cry! Now you’ll pay for your countless evil deeds. I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last part to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Girls Unite: The End of Jadeite”
Though Queen Beryl speaks the names of Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Mars early in her dialogue, the subs list their names at the end of her line.
Beryl’s declaration of the consequence Jadeite shall face should he fail once more is subbed as the “Sentence of Eternal Sleep.”
The constellations Usagi identifies are subbed as “Cygnus”, “Sagittarius”, “Libra”, “The constellation of Motoki” (even though she says “Gesen no Onii-san” instead of “Motoki”), and “The constellation of Tuxedo Mask” (ADV subbed them as “The Swan”, “The Archer”, “The Balance”, “The arcade guy constellation”, and “The Tuxedo Mask constellation”).

No changes
Quote:
Jadeite’s speaking of the airport’s name is subbed as “Hanade Airport”, when it should be “Haneda Airport”.

Fixed to correctly say "Haneda Airport"
Quote:
The news report’s mentioning the airport’s name correctly subbed it as “Haneda Airport”.

No change
Quote:
The arcade’s sign is subbed as “GAME CENTER CROWN”.

This sub is removed
Quote:
Mamoru’s harsh metaphors are subbed as “Like attracts like. Even a cracked pot has its cover. There’s rubbish for every trash heap. And every Bun-head has her loser.”
“Motoki-oniisan” is subbed as “Motoki”

No changes
Quote:
“Sailor Senshi-tachi” is subbed as “Sailor guardians” (lowercase G).

The lowercase G is back to uppercase for "Sailor Guardians"
Quote:
The airport monorail sign is subbed as “TO MONORAIL HANEDA LINE”
“Mars Power Make Up!” is subbed like so.
Jadeite’s “Sailor Moon! Sailor Mercury! Sailor Mars!” is subbed as “At last you’re here, Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Mars!”
Jadeite’s speech about the shortness of life is subbed as “The joys of life are short-lived, and its ordeals many… Your lives will end today!”
The name of the zoo Mars refers to is subbed as “Ueno Zoo”.
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “Picking on young girls is your idea of fun? (Jadeite: “You again, Tuxedo Mask. I’ll send you to hell along with those girls.”) You’ll pay for the crimes of using innocent people to carry out your evil deeds.”

No changes
Quote:
Mars’ concern for Tuxedo Kamen is subbed as “Jadeite is still alive?!” with Moon’s line of “Then what happened to Tuxedo Mask?!” being the only one that shows concern for him, instead of both of Mars’ and Moon’s lines.

Changed to this...
Mars: "Where's Tuxedo Mask?"
Moon: What happened to him?!"
Quote:
The Sailor Senshi speech is subbed as follows:
Mars: “Only old-fashioned idiots like you still believe in nonsense like that!”
Mercury: “Right! Denigrating women is a relic of the feudal age!”
Moon: “No more discrimination!”
All: “All right! Let’s show that jerk what girls are made of!”

“All right! Let’s show that jerk what girls are made of!” is changed to "Our enemy is that arrogant man! Jadeite!"
Quote:
Mars’ chant is subbed as “Rin pyo to sha kai jin retsu zai zen!"

Fixed to say “Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!"
Quote:
The second Sailor Senshi speech is subbed as follows:
Moon: “Don’t underestimate what girls can do! We’re capable of a lot more than crying!
(Jadeite: “Why? Why aren’t my mental powers working?”)
Mars: “It’s because you’re full of evil thoughts!”
Mercury: “You’re falling victim to your own trap! You really are the fool here!”
Moon: “Now you’ll pay for your countless evil deeds. In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just "you will be punished!" is changed to "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Queen Beryl’s line to Jadeite about how a disgrace he is is typoed as “You’re disgrace!”

That line has been replaced by "I don't want to hear your excuses!"
Quote:
Jadeite’s “Qu-Queen Beryl-sama--!” is subbed as “No! Queen Beryl!”
Tuxedo Kamen’s line about the bond between the Sailor Senshi has a typo in it: “Cherish the bond that exist between the three of you.” Either “exist” should be “exists” or “bond” should be “bonds”.
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “A New Enemy Appears: Nephrite’s Evil Crest.”

No changes

Episode 14
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “On the court, you only have yourself to rely on. But monsters aren’t allowed to score an ace! I won’t let you get an advantage, either! How dare you use tennis for your evil ends! Even Navratilova would be upset! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, I’ll return your serve for a point!”

The last line is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll return your serve for a point!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment changed again and is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a crime fighter! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!”

This was tweaked a bit to: “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “A new Enemy Appears: Nephrite’s Evil Crest”

No change
Quote:
The subs for the episode title stayed onscreen for a tad bit longer than they should, disappearing only after the video cut from the title card to the Dark Kingdom’s hideout rather than right as it happened.

This is addressed, so the sub disappears right as it switches to the Dark Kingdom hideout.
Quote:
Nephrite’s first acknowledgement of Zoisite’s presence is subbed as “That you, Zoisite?” which, while commonly used as an informal phrase, is still grammatically incorrect and sounds weird coming from someone speaking as formally as Nephrite is now. “Is that you, Zoisite?” would have been more preferred.
Nephrite’s little speech about the stars is subbed as “The stars can see all… Celestial orbs... grant me your mystical powers.” (ADV subbed the first part as “The stars know everything,” which was also once or twice used in the old dub. ADV subbed the second part as “O stars, grant me your mysterious powers.” )
The subs refer to Chiron first as an “archer”, and then as a “Sagittarius” a mere second or two later.

No changes
Quote:
“Sempai” is subbed as “Rui”.

Changed to "Sis"
Quote:
“Onee-san” is subbed as “Sis”, “older sister”, and “big sister”.
Usagi’s use of “Rui-sempai” is subbed as “Rui Saionji”
“Rui-neesan” is subbed as “Sis”.
Nephrite (as Masato Sanjoin) referring to himself as a coach is subbed as “And I can help you.”
Rui’s use of “Sumimasen” (“I’m sorry”) is subbed as “Oh… Thank you.”
“Saionji-sempai” is subbed as “Rui”.
The Juban-chō Shopping District sign is now subbed as “JUBAN SHOPPING DISTRICT”
Ami’s “Gomen ne” (“Sorry”) is subbed as “so I’ll pass.”

No changes
Quote:
A girl’s use of “Saionji-sempai…” is subbed as “Rui, we should stop…”

Changed to "Saionji..."
Quote:
Tesuni’s name is spelled correctly in the subs.

No changes
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “Monsters aren’t allowed to score an ace! How dare you use tennis for your evil ends! Even Navratilova is upset! I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Only the last sentence is changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
The sign outside the school is subbed as “JUBAN MUNICPAL MIDDLE SCHOOL”.

Changed to "JUBAN PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Usagi’s Panic: Rei’s First Date.”

No change

Last edited by Mercurius on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 am 
Luna
Luna
Episodes 15 & 16

Episode 15
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Unforgivable! Improper relationships are an enemy to all schoolgirls out there! Unforgivable! Turning everyone’s recreational area into a place for evil! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

The last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a crime fighter! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!”

This was tweaked a bit to: “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”
Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Usagi’s Panic: Rei’s First Date”

No change
Quote:
“Oji-san” is subbed as “Mr. Kokoritsu”, when the man’s name is really “Kunitachi”.

“Mr. Kokoritsu” is changed to “Mr. Kokuritsu”
Quote:
The Juban-chō Shopping District sign is subbed as “JUBAN SHOPPING DISTRICT”

No changes
Quote:

Changed to "M-Motoki..."
Quote:
Usagi saying she’ll spend another 100 yen (“Hyaku yen”) on another round of the Sailor V game is subbed as “One more time!”
“Manshon” is subbed as “condo”.
Usagi’s “Ee! Last chance!” (Okay! Last chance!”) is subbed as “It’s not over yet! Here’s my last coin!”
Rei’s “Ano…” (“Um…” or “Excuse me…”) right after the commercial break is not subbed.
The subtitles for the line of “So we’d like for you to continue taking care of it.” had a delay in their appearing onscreen by about two seconds.
The subtitles for the line “I need to find a way to get closer to them…” had a delay in their appearing onscreen by about half a second.
Petasos has her name spelled correctly in the subs.

No changes
Quote:
Mercury: “You’ll pay for taking advantage of Mr. Kokoritsu’s kindness!”
Mars: “And for turning everyone’s recreational area into a place of evil!”
Both: “In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”
Moon: “Hey, you stole my catchphrase!”

"Mr. Kokoritsu" is changed to "Mr. Kokuritsu", and "you'll be punished!" to "I'll punish you!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “A Girl’s Dream: Usagi Becomes A Bride.”

No change

Episode 16
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Unforgivable, unforgivable, unforgivable! You know what’s so unforgivable? Desecrating a lovely white wedding dress, the eternal dream of young girls, is absolutely unforgivable! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Only the last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a crime fighter! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “A Girl’s Dream: Usagi Becomes A Bride”
The classroom sign is subbed as “HOME ECONOMICS ROOM”
“Akiyama-sensei” is subbed as “Ms. Akiyama”
“Sakurada-sensei” is subbed as “Ms. Sakurada”
The building sign is subbed as “JUBAN COMMUNITY CENTER”
No changes

Quote:
The dressmaking contest sign is subbed as:
“ENTER YOUR HANDMADE
WEDDING DRESS
AND WIN YOUR DREAM
WEDDING RECEPTION”

This was removed
Quote:
“Motoki-oniisan” is subbed as “And Motoki!”
The proverb Usagi misquotes is subbed as “As they say, a woman’s convictions will split stones!”
“Higure-sensei” is subbed as “Ms. Higure”
Rei’s grandpa’s line of “What do you plan to do with my only set of rental dress?!” has some very awkward grammar in these subs.
Usagi’s thief name is subbed as “Usagi the Kid” (ADV subbed it as “Usagi Hood”).
The title Usagi refers to her mother with is subbed as “your Honor”.
The Hensō Pen finally has its name called out onscreen (I’d forgotten its name was spoken in this episode). The subs translate its name as the “transformation pen”.
Widow’s name is spelled correctly.
The lowering sign Rei and Ami stand on is subbed as “HAPPY COUPLE”
The, uh, Civilian Senshi speech (they’re not transformed yet) is subbed as follows:
Ami: “Bridal-wear symbolizes the eternal dream of young girls!”
Rei: “We won’t forgive anyone who defiles that white dress!”
Usagi: “That’s not fair! You’re both showing off without me! All right, you’re gonna pay for ruining my chance to win that lavish, all-expenses-paid wedding reception!”
“Mercury Power Make Up!” and “Mars Power Make Up!” are subbed like so.

No changes
Quote:
Moon: “I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon!”
Mercury: “Sailor Mercury!” (no translation of the “Onajiku” part)
Mars: “Sailor Mars!” (no translation of the “Onajiku” part)
Moon: “In the name of the Moon…”
All: “…you will be punished!”

Just the last part with all the Guardians saying "...we'll punish you!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the saying that Luna quotes is subbed as “With enough flattery, even a pig can fly.”
The subs title the next episode as “Usagi’s A Model: The Flash Of The Monster Camera.”

No changes

Last edited by Mercurius on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Ugh, they still couldn't get Mr. Kunitachi's name right.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm 
Luna
Luna
Episodes 17 & 18

Episode 17
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “A girl’s true beauty isn’t found only in her looks! It’s in her kind heart and in the guts to do what’s right and just. How can the camera not see that! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Like previous episodes, only the last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as ““Usagi’s A Model: The Flash Of The Monster Camera”
The thing Kijin won for his photos is subbed as the “Japan Photo Contest”.

No changes

Added sub:
The book, Naru's reading is subbed as
"JAPAN PHOTO CONTEST WINNER
KIJIN SHINOKAWA"

Quote:
Kijin’s school name is subbed as “Gohongi Middle School”.

No change, when Usagi said it. Then, in the next scene, the school's name is subbed as "GOHONGI JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL"
Quote:
Rei’s school name is subbed as “T.A. Girls’ Academy”.
“Shinokawa-kun” is subbed as “Kijin”
“Shinokawa Kijin-san” is subbed as “Mr. Kijin Shinokawa”
“Kijin-sama” is subbed as just “Kijin”

No changes
Quote:
Kijin saying the word “chance” as he’s trying to get a picture of the sunset is not included the subs, which instead say “That’s the shot!”

Changed to "Now! Take the shot!"
Quote:
The sign outside of Kijin’s house is subbed as “SHINOKAWA”
The big red stamp on Usagi’s photo is subbed as “MISS DUMMY FAILS”

No changes
Quote:
The arcade’s sign is subbed as “GAME CENTER CROWN”

This was removed
Quote:
Shingo calling Usagi “baka” is subbed as “Silly”.
The hotel’s name is subbed as the “New Japan Hotel”.

No changes
Quote:
Usagi’s letter is subbed as:
“DEAR MS. USAGI TSUKINO
YOU HAVE PASSED
THE FIRST ROUND OF AUDITION
WE WILL HOLD A PHOTO SHOOT
ON 7/4 AT THE NEW JAPAN HOTEL”

Changed to just "YOU HAVE PASSED"
Quote:
The tongue twister Usagi recites while balancing books on her head is subbed as “She sell seashells down by the seashore…” (ADV subbed it as “Rw wheat, raw rice, raw eggs.”)
Usagi’s singing is subbed as “What makes a bunny jump…” (ADV subbed it as “Rabbit, rabbit, what are you looking at when you hop…”)
The sign outside the photo shoot door is subbed as “KIJIN SHINOKAWA PHOTO CONTEST”

No changes
Quote:
“Haruna-sensei” is subbed as just “Haruna” (making Usagi refer to her teacher by her first name without a formal title of respect like “Ms.”).

Fixed to "Ms. Haruna"
Quote:
Usagi’s unmorphed speech is subbed as “Any young girl will do?! Taking photos with that attitude makes you a third-rate photographer. (Luna: “You’re just repeating what Mamoru said.”) You’re a photographer who understands the beauty of this world. Please, snap out of it!”
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “A girl’s true beauty isn’t in her looks. It’s in her kind heart and the guts to do what’s just. (Kijin: “Who are you?!”) I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! Whatever monster has possessed Kijin! Come out and show yourself!”
Cameran’s name is misspelled in these subs as “Kyameran”.
Cameran’s attack name is subbed as “Shutter-Click Attack”.

No changes
Quote:
Mars’s chant is subbed as “Rin pyo to sha kai jin retsu zai zen!”

Fixed to "Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Shingo’s Love: The Grieving Doll.”

No change

Episode 18
A word of warning: this episode's volume is higher than the rest of the episodes, when you set it Japanese w/ Subtitles.
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “The blue-eyed doll has been smashed into pieces by a monster! That doll was filled with the love of its maker! Even the Girls’ Day dolls are angry! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

The last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Shingo’s Love: The Grieving Doll”
“Tsukino Shingo-san” is subbed as “Mr. Shingo Tsukino”.
“Tsukino-san” is subbed as “Miss Tsukino”.
The two girls saying “Onee-san” to Usagi was subbed as “Thank you…”
The French doll maker Nephrite (as Masato Sanjoin) mentions when speaking to Mika and her mother is subbed as “Pierre Dumaux” (ADV subbed it as “Pierre Dumoe”). Also, his mentioning of “classic dolls” is subbed here as “French dolls”.
Jumeau’s name is misspelled in these subs as “Jumou”.
“Present” is subbed as “gifts” when Usagi is trying to give Shingo some advice.

No changes
Quote:
The poster on the wall outside Mika’s house is subbed as:
“YOSHIKO KAYAMA
CLASSIC DOLL EXHIBITION”

Changed to:
"YOSHIKO KAYAMA
DOLL EXHIBIT"
Quote:
The Sailor V game poster is subbed as “NEW! SAILOR V: THE GAME”
For the first time in these subs, “present” is actually subbed as “present” when Shingo is trying to make a Sailor Moo doll for Mika.
“Ai to seigi no shisha” is subbed as “messenger of love and justice”.
The art museum’s sign is subbed as “JUBAN MUSEUM”
“Nee-chan” is subbed as “Sis”.

No changes
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! How dare you break the doll Shingo made for Mika! That doll was filled with the love of its maker! Even the Girls’ Day dolls are angry! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Mars’s chant is subbed a “Rin pyo to sha kai jin retsu zai zen!”

Changed to “Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!"
Quote:
“Present” is again subbed a “present” when Shingo points out that it’s broken.

No change
Quote:
The sign outside Shingo’s school is subbed as “JUBAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL”

Fixed to "JUBAN PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, Luna calls Tuxedo Kamen a “playboy”.
The subs title the next episode as “Usagi’s Joy: A Love Letter From Tuxedo Mask.”

No changes

Last edited by Mercurius on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
Episodes 19 & 20!

Episode 19
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “A monster that toys with the pure hearts of young girls would never ever look good in a tuxedo! Never! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode, with a typo, as “Usagi Joy: A Love Letter From Tuxedo Mask”

Fixed the typo, so it's "Usagi's Joy: A Love Letter From Tuxedo Mask"
Quote:
Like in episode 14, the subs for the episode title stay onscreen for a tad bit longer than they should, disappearing only after the video cuts from the title card to the Nephrite’s mansion rather than right as the cut happens.

This was addressed and fixed the timing.
Quote:
Back in episode 15, when Tuxedo Kamen departed from the battle, his departing dialogue was “Saraba da, Sailor Senshi-tachi,” which was correctly subbed as “Farewell, Sailor Guardians.” Here, though, the flashback to this scene from that episode changed his dialogue to “Saraba da, bishōjo senshi-tachi,” (“Farewell, pretty guardians,”), but kept the previous “Farewell, Sailor Guardians.” subtitle translation.
Similarly, Moon’s line of “Suteki” was slightly changed from “He’s so dreamy…” to “He’s so dreamy!”
“Sailor Moon-tachi” is subbed as “Sailor Guardians”
Changed to "Sailor Moon"
“Shitennou” is subbed as “Four Kings of Heaven”
Usagi’s letter is subbed as “TO MISS USAGI TSUKINO” and “FROM TUXEDO MASK”
The sign outside the school is subbed as “JUBAN PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL”
Naru’s letter is subbed as “TO MISS NARU OSAKA” and “FROM TUXEDO MASK”
The place where the letters say for the girls to meet Tuxedo Mask at is subbed as the “MS mall”
The sign on the shrine gate is subbed as “HIKAWA SHRINE”
Rei’s letter is subbed as “TO MISS REI HINO”
“Sanjoin-sama” is subbed as “Mr. Sanjoin”.
Despite the school’s sign being subbed earlier as “JUBAN PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL”, both Naru’s and Nephrite’s mentioning of the school’s name is subbed as “Juban Middle School”.

No changes
Quote:
Naru’s open letter is subbed as follows:
“I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE.
PLEASE COME MEET ME
AT THE MS MALL IN SHINJUKU
TOMORROW NIGHT.”

Changed to just "TOMORROW NIGHT", "FROM TUXEDO MASK", when it highlights those words.
Quote:
“Sanjoin Masato-sama” is subbed as “Mr. Sanjoin”

No change
Quote:
Usagi’s open letter is subbed the same as Naru’s.

The sub is removed
Quote:
Each of what ADV subbed as a “date etiquette rule” for Usagi is subbed here as “rule of dating”.

No changed
Quote:

No change
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “A monster that toys with the pure hearts of young girls would never look good in a tuxedo! I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon. And in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last 2 sentences to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Tuxedo Kamen’s speech is subbed as “So you used my name on those love letters to lure out Sailor Moon! I won’t stand for that!”
The subs say that Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen will be “crushed like a bug on a windshield” when the elevator falls.
In the next-episode preview, the next episode is titled as “The Summer, The Beach, The Youth And Ghosts”

No changes

Episode 20
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Hello blue skies and sunshine! Summer break is finally here! So why?! Why would anyone want to ruin a young girl’s vacation? Even worse, rob an innocent girl’s future?! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon, you will be punished!”

Like previous episodes, only the last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “The Summer, The Beach, The Youth And Ghosts”
Usagi’s use of “umi” (“ocean”) is subbed as “beach”

No changes
Quote:
The sign outside the pension house is subbed as “PENSION ADAMS”

This sub is removed
Quote:
“Umi” is back to being subbed as “ocean”.
And now “umi” is “beach” again. It seems to be flip-flopping.
“Ami-san” is subbed as “Miss Ami”.
“Oji-san” is subbed as “Sakiko’s father”
“Moon Prism Power! Make Up!” is subbed like so.
“Mercury Power! Make Up!” is subbed like so.
“Mars Power! Make Up!” is subbed like so.

No changes
Quote:
Moon: “I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon!”
Mercury: “Likewise, I am Sailor Mercury!”
Mars: “Likewise, I am Sailor Mars!”
Moon: “Meanie ghost! How dare you ruin a helpless young girl’s vacation! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon,”
All: “- you will be punished!”
Moon: “But I’m still scared!”

Moon's line of "I am Sailor Moon, and..." is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon,"
All: "-you will be punished" is changed to "- I'll punish you!"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the first line of Usagi’s is subbed as “Finally, we get to see how the animation is made!” vs. how the Sailor Moon Center fansub release subbed it as “The animation production office is not on TV!” Usagi’s actual Japanese dialogue in this line does contain the word “Telebi” (“TV”), which is not found in the Viz subbed version of this line.

No change
Quote:
At the -00:19 mark, the audio cuts to silence for a split second just as Usagi is speaking when the subtitles of “I know! I’m going to become an animator” are onscreen.

This is addressed and fixed
Quote:
The next episode is subbed as “Protect The Children’s Dreams: Friendship Through Anime”

No change

Last edited by Mercurius on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
The line "But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!” was a typo on my part. The first I isn't there in the the Hulu subbed version, yet I made the typo consistently from episodes 14 to 24 without knowing it at first. ^_^'

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:08 am 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
The line "But, oh well, I guess I just gotta do my best!” was a typo on my part. The first I isn't there in the the Hulu subbed version, yet I made the typo consistently from episodes 14 to 24 without knowing it at first. ^_^'

Ok, I'll ignore that typo from here on out. I only have 3 episodes to go. So, the next post will have those 3. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:49 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mercurius wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Ok, I'll ignore that typo from here on out. I only have 3 episodes to go. So, the next post will have those 3. :)
Meanwhile, I got two new R episodes to observe on Hulu. Gotta get that done this week.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's too bad about Mr. Kunitachi's name, but after it already being dubbed as Mr. Kokoritsu I was afraid it was a lost cause. Weird they did at least change it to Mr. Kokuritsu though... Aside from that, really the only two issues I had was not changing "you'll be punished" to "we'll punish you" in episode 20 and the removal (or cutting) of some sign subs. The only reason I can think of for why they'd do that is to take up less room on the screen?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:12 pm 
Luna
Luna
This is the last one, for now! Episodes 21 thru 23!

I do want to let you all know that I tweaked Sabr's notes--notably, the pre-title card segment one--cause there's no way to edit an old post from that thread.

Episode 21
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Our anime is in danger! An evil shadow closes in on trendy anime artists! Those who take advantage of youthful passion must answer to me! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Like previous episodes, just the last sentence is changed to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Protect The Children’s Dreams: Friendship Through Anime”
The studio’s name is subbed as “Studio Dive”.

No changes
Quote:
Castor and Pollux have both of their names cartoonishly misspelled as “Kastol and Porkus”. :dead:

Fixed the names back to Castor and Pollux. :)
Quote:
Sailor Mercury’s early solo speech is subbed as “Nephrite! You’re up to something, again, aren’t you?! I, Sailor Mercury, won’t stand for it!”

Removed the comma between "something" and "again"
Quote:
Mercury’s “Shimatta…” is subbed as “He got away…”
The sign on the studio window is subbed as follows:
“STUDIO RULE: BE MINDFUL BY
KEEPING PERSONAL CONVERSATION
UNDER A MINUTE”
The baby’s dialogue over the phone conversation is subbed as the following lines:
“Babu babu!”
“Babu! (Yes!)”
“- Babu?! (What?)”
“Ba babu?! (What?)”
“Ba babubabu! (Hey, hey!)”
“Babubabu? Babubabu?! (Hello? Hello!)”
“Babubabu?!”
“Hiromi-san” is subbed as “Miss Hiromi”
The transformation calls are subbed together as “Moon Prism Power… Mercury Power… Mars Power… - Make Up!”

No changes
Quote:
The Sailor Senshi speech is subbed like so:
Mars: “Anime nurtures children’s dreams!”
Mercury: “How dare you take advantage of youthful passion!”
Moon: “Even older girls who like anime are angry! In the name of the Moon,”
All: “- you will be punished!”

Just the last line, with all 3, to "- I'll punish you!"
Quote:
The insert song “Tsuki ni Kawatte Oskiokyo” is given translated subtitles for its lyrics.
“As the storm rages in the city
A strange foe looms
Tempting, deceiving, betraying…
Searching for victims, extending its evil hand
Oh no, oh no!
The enemy is a handsome boy
So what?
There is no time to hesitate
Moon Prism Power Make Up
In the name of the moon, you will be punished
By the Pretty Guardian of love and justice
We’re in a bad mood today
So we’re warning you to stay away
When our hearts are one, love will win out
Bubble Spray
Evil spirit, be exorcized
Moon Tiara Action!
Don’t make fun of us girls, or you’ll pay for it!
Don’t make fun of us girls, or you’ll pay for it!”

Just "In the name of the moon, you will be punished" is changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you"
Quote:
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Romance Under The Moon: Usagi’s First Kiss”

No change

Episode 22
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “My first kiss under the moonlight with my dreamboat, Tuxedo Mask! But…but… Nephrite spoiled the romantic mood! I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence to "I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”

Viz’s subs title the episode as “Romance Under the Moon: Usagi’s First Kiss”
[/quote]In Naru’s flashback, Nephrite’s referring to the school by name is subbed as “Juban Middle School”.
“Sanjoin-sama” is subbed as “Mr. Sanjoin”.
The name of Princess Dia’s kingdom is subbed as the “Kingdom of Diamonds”
The name of Princess Dia’s treasure is subbed as the “Legendary Secret Treasure”[/quote]
No changes
Quote:
Princess Dia’s name is subbed as “Princess Diamond”. (I really hope Viz recognizes that her name is “Princess Dia” when doing the redub)

"Princess Diamond" is left subbed AND dubbed. :(
Quote:
“Kunzite-sama” is subbed as just “Kunzite”
“Papa” is subbed as “Dad”
“Hensō Pen” is subbed as “Transformation Pen”, which is the same subtitled name given to the Henshin Pens by these subs.
The sign outside the Embassy is subbed as “EMBASSY OF THE KINGDOM OF DIAMONDS”
Usagi claims to be the princess of “Ivanovich”.
“Ojō-san” is subbed as “Miss”
Nephrite’s “bunshin” is subbed as his “doppelganger”
Moon: “I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon!”
Mercury: “Likewise, Sailor Mercury!”
Mars: “Likewise, Sailor Mars!”
Moon: “I won’t forgive you, monster, for possessing the pure-hearted Princess Diamond!”
Mars’ chant is subbed as “Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!”

No changes
Quote:
Moon’s follow-up speech is subbed as “How shameless of you to trick Princess Diamond! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence is changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
The treasure is subbed as having been chiseled from a “2,000-carat diamond”.
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Wish Upon A Star: Naru’s First Love.”

No changes

Episode 23
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s pre-episode speech is subbed as “Love… A gentle feeling… Love… A pure feeling… How dare you take advantage of the beautiful love of a young girl! I am Sailor Moon, And you’re under arrest for romance scam charges!”

The comma between "Moon and "And" is replaced by a exclamation point.
Quote:
Usagi’s pre-title card introductory segment is subbed as “I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”

Quote:
Viz’s subs title the episode as “Wish Upon a Star! Naru’s First Love”
The subs for Usagi’s line of “one must find someone special.” disappear onscreen a tad too quickly, making them appear onscreen for only a split-second.
“Sanjoin-sama” is subbed as “Mr. Sanjoin”
The “Kurozuishou” (“Black Crystal”) is subbed as the “Dark Crystal”.
“Kunzite-sama” is subbed as just “Kunzite”
Yasha’s name is spelled correctly in the subs.
Usagi’s use of “Onii-sama” is disregarded by the subs.

No changes
Quote:
Sailor Moon’s speech is subbed as “Hold it right there! How dare you take advantage of a young girl’s love! You’re under arrest for romance scam charges! I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, you will be punished!”

Just the last sentence is changed to "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
Quote:
“Starlight Attack” is subbed like so.
The entrances of the other Sailor Senshi are subbed as “Sailor Mars is here! Sailor Mercury is here!”

No changes
Quote:
After Naru gives her passionate speech about why she’s protecting Nephrite but before Yasha makes her appearances, the subs switch from calling the Kurozuishou the “Dark Crystal” to calling it the “Black Crystal” (Nephrite: “The Black Crystal must also react to kind hearts…”)

Changed back to "Dark Crystal"
Quote:
Yasha’s final words before she explodes are subbed as “☹ it all!”
In the next-episode preview, the subs title the next episode as “Naru’s Tears: Nephrite Dies For Love.”

No changes

...with that, that's it for the first 23 episodes, staight off the BluRay/DVD, from Hulu!

Last edited by Mercurius on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Wait, you mean the subs kept the mentioning of Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars in Usagi's pre-episode intro segments?

:angry:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:39 pm 
Luna
Luna
1dbad wrote:
Pleasantly surprised episode 2 and 5 had their pre-episode preview reverted back. Wonder why they didn't bother with 3's though?

I went back to fix that, cause I didn't double-check it, until now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:41 pm 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
Wait, you mean the subs kept the mentioning of Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars in Usagi's pre-episode intro segments?

Dunno what you mean. Can you explain what you mean by that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:53 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mercurius wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Dunno what you mean. Can you explain what you mean by that?
Like, here's the segment speech as it was written in episode 14 of your Blu-Ray version:

“I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”

And here's how it was written on Hulu in episode 19:

"I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!"

The parts in question are underlined. They first show up on Hulu's version starting with episode 19.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 pm 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:

“I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic! Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!”

And here's how it was written on Hulu in episode 19:

"I am Usagi Tsukino. I may not look it, but I’m actually a superhero! I use a special brooch to transform and fight evil! You know me as… the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon! I’m friends with the kindhearted girl genius, Ami Mizuno, who’s Sailor Mercury…! And Rei Hino, the hotheaded psychic, who’s Sailor Mars. Both of them seem to have it a little more together than I do… But, oh well, guess I just gotta do my best!"

The parts in question are underlined. They first show up on Hulu's version starting with episode 19.

I went back and did notice those were changed. Fixed.