* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: If its possible to switch henshin items
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:17 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Can a senshi switch transformation items and use it?

What would happen if the solar system senshi switches with the starlights and vice versa?

Last edited by rgveda99 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Switching rods and henshin items
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Can a senshi switch transformation items and use it?

What would happen if the solar system senshi switches with the starlights and vice versa?

i think each rod/henshin only works for that person.. so only Usagi can use her henshin.. and lets says.. mars can't

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I bet it would backfire somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:27 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
I always wondered that myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sneakers Shingo wrote:

Like how? :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Quote:

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sneakers Shingo wrote:

Oh god, the gender-bending! This is how Sailor Jerry was born! :eek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
foenanko wrote:
Quote:

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sneakers Shingo wrote:

Oh god, the gender-bending! This is how Sailor Jerry was born! :eek:

Finally, we'd have got male Senshi, then. :cool:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:54 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sneakers Shingo wrote:

Like they'd half-transform, but then there'd be a flash of light and a glass cracking noise, and they'd be thrown back...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:58 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sneakers Shingo wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sneakers Shingo wrote:

Like they'd half-transform, but then there'd be a flash of light and a glass cracking noise, and they'd be thrown back...

While it could very well be like that, it's not quite interesting, tho - at least not as interesting as what foenanko suggested above. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
While it could very well be like that, it's not quite interesting, tho - at least not as interesting as what foenanko suggested above. :)

I just went with what seemed like the most obvious outcome, it's what usually happens when people steal each other's empathic items in anime. Of course if you wanted a more fun experimental route, maybe their powers could be crassly fused. When Mercury accidentally uses Mars' wand, her visor is a sutra instead, blinding her when she needs to analyze the enemy. P-:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Now I wonder what'd happen if one uses all the transformation items together - could she become an all-powerful hybrid Senshi w/ all the different Senshi's powers at her disposal? :cool:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:10 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Now I wonder what'd happen if one uses all the transformation items together - could she become an all-powerful hybrid Senshi w/ all the different Senshi's powers at her disposal? :cool:

Don't forget the fish head sailors.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I'd like to see a Predator Senshi - maybe Takeuchi could talk to the Hollywood studio to make it happen? :D

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:39 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I'd like to see a Predator Senshi - maybe Takeuchi could talk to the Hollywood studio to make it happen? :D

She does have a golden no. 1 rule that all senshi are female. So does that include hermaphrodites or single sex aliens?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
The transformation items probably wouldn't even activate unless it was the personal one of the wielder.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

She does have a golden no. 1 rule that all senshi are female. So does that include hermaphrodites or single sex aliens?

I guess the Predator's species also has females? :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

They have breast :ohmy:

Does that mean they're mammals in their homeworld? I've always thought of them as a single sex species.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 pm 
inactive
Here's what I don't get about Japanese superheroes (SM included), why are they always power restricted? I mean, It's just as real to have superpowers as a civilian out of costume (depending on the story) as having to be restricted to a henshin item. This isn't the right place to ask, but due to the subject.....why not.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I'd like to see a Predator Senshi - maybe Takeuchi could talk to the Hollywood studio to make it happen?

And I always wanted to see a Guyver Senshi. Or a Zoa-Senshi.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Roman55 wrote:
Here's what I don't get about Japanese superheroes (SM included), why are they always power restricted? I mean, It's just as real to have superpowers as a civilian out of costume (depending on the story) as having to be restricted to a henshin item. This isn't the right place to ask, but due to the subject.....why not.

Mai Otome was the worst one. You have to have permission in order to do a henshin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

They have breast :ohmy:

Does that mean they're mammals in their homeworld? I've always thought of them as a single sex species.

No idea, but perhaps the one in the above pics could've human genes?

This one is definitely a human, tho, who's joined their ranks (too bad so far that's only been hinted at the ending scenes of an AVP movie, as the female lead had only received a weapon from them as an honor to her - she didn't don their gear l o l ):

http://www.afhub.com/avp-she-predator-m ... -hot-toys/

Roman55 wrote:

That's been their long tradition since the very 1st Ultraman back in the 60s, & even earlier. Guess the Japanese aren't so confident about their own abilities/powers & always need some external forces/items to help transforming themselves into a more powerful being? :confused:

rgveda99 wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

Mai Otome was the worst one. You have to have permission in order to do a henshin.

She's not the 1st one, tho - back in the 60s there was this lead character in Spectreman who needed to request & wait for the permission from an outer-space entity before he could transform into the title superhero. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 48 months ago
inactive
I think that the person would just be unable to transform if they used another soldier's item. It may be the most boring, but it's also the most likely. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Rachael wrote:
I think that the person would just be unable to transform if they used another soldier's item. It may be the most boring, but it's also the most likely. 8)

I refuse to accept that even tho I know it's probably true. :P

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rachael wrote:

Agreed.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
That's been their long tradition since the very 1st Ultraman back in the 60s, & even earlier. Guess the Japanese aren't so confident about their own abilities/powers & always need some external forces/items to help transforming themselves into a more powerful being? :confused:

I have been trying to look online for a viable reason for this. I always wondered how the story would change if the Senshi did not have to transform to use their powers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
I always wondered how the story would change if the Senshi did not have to transform to use their powers.

We wouldn't be able to see their nudity during their transformations. :(

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Rachael wrote:

Then let me change the title.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:03 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Roman55 wrote:
I always wondered how the story would change if the Senshi did not have to transform to use their powers.

But that's why we have Hentai. And come on, being an Anime series, they would throw it in as fanservice. Plus to preserve their identities, they would still have to change into their uniforms..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Roman55 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

But that's why we have Hentai. And come on, being an Anime series, they would throw it in as fanservice. Plus to preserve their identities, they would still have to change into their uniforms..

Less work for the animators I guess. Plus transformations look cool whether live or animated. Transforming in most anime is not so troublesome as compared to Ben 10 or the Mask. Now if only Superman had a transformation sequence.

Post subject: Re: If its possible to switch henshin items
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 pm 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
Less work for the animators I guess. Plus transformations look cool whether live or animated. Transforming in most anime is not so troublesome as compared to Ben 10 or the Mask. Now if only Superman had a transformation sequence.

The old 1950's cartoons where he would run into the phone booth count.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Roman55 wrote:

From a plot perspective, it gives the villains a chance to get ahead by disarming them, making for more drama than say, a situation where Superman's always on top unless they have that one weird weakness. Also, by separating their hero and civilian lives more completely, it emphasized the "secret second life" aspect more.

Post subject: Re: If its possible to switch henshin items
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I tend to think they can't be switched, but in PGSM, their tambo weapons would change to suit another senshi if their owner was dead or not present. (Usagi pouted about not having one... imagine if shed just ran off with all of 'em! Muahaha!)