Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 955 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Forum Help - Q&A
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
I can't get my avatars to show up. For the longest time it told me there was an error, so I just found a different one, and now I thought it worked and it's still not there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. ( and I wasn't sure where to post this short of making a new topic but since this one's already on the subject...) Anyway, can you please try to help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
Are you sure the picture is in JPG or GIF format? Also check can be its width, it can be no greater than 100 pixels, the height no greater than 100 pixels and the file size no more than 10 KB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:58 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
saturnbunny89 wrote:
I can't get my avatars to show up. For the longest time it told me there was an error, so I just found a different one, and now I thought it worked and it's still not there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. ( and I wasn't sure where to post this short of making a new topic but since this one's already on the subject...) Anyway, can you please try to help?

I tried to upload a random avatar to your profile right now and everything worked fine (of course I removed it afterwards since it was just for a test). I am sure the problem is in the picture you are trying to upload. Try a different image with appropriate dimensions.
If still nothing works (though I don't see how that can happen) just post a link to your avatar and I'll upload it for you.

Post subject: Avatar
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:01 pm 
inactive
Thanks, I'll work on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 43 months ago
inactive
http://www.avatarist.com has a bunch of avatars (I think someone's said that before), and they are exactly 100 x 100. In any case, judging by your username and signature, you'll want a Sailor Saturn avatar... Just type in Sailor Saturn. Unfortunately, I only saw one for her; however, you can find avatars for pretty much anything else you might want. Oh, and JPEG format takes up less space than bitmap, so save it as a JPEG file if possible. If that isn't an option, just save it as is. Then, find the folder it's in, right-click on it, go to "Open With", and choose Paint (it should be an option). Once it's open, go to "Save As" and save it as a JPEG. Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 am 
inactive
As you can see I finally got the avatar to work, thanks to all of you who helped me out! I really appreciate it! FYI I chose Nehelenia cuz she's my favorite villain, at least right now. I love saturn, but I love other scouts as well, but saturnbunny is my name for almost everything, email, youtube, AMV.org, here, everywhere! So if you see it somewhere you'll know it's me! If it isn't it is an imposter and I will punish them! Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone, especially Kasumi whose site I got the avatar from! Thanks!
saturnbunny89

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 pm 
inactive
^____^ *griiiin* No problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:13 am 
inactive
Wow, those are really good avatars! If you had a Mercury one, I'd be using it, because I love all the ones you have so far. By the way, good choice for your avatar, saturnbunny. I watched your Butterfly AMV on Youtube. It was pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:11 am 
inactive
That's very nice of you ^^ I will do a Mercury and Ami one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:05 pm 
inactive
REALLY? :D :D :D :D *bounces up and down* Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 79 months ago
inactive
Anton, my inbox is getting full. If someone sends me message, does it replace with old one, or must I delete the old messages of my own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:44 am 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
sailorsgalaxy wrote:
Anton, my inbox is getting full. If someone sends me message, does it replace with old one, or must I delete the old messages of my own?

If your inbox is full and you receive a new PM, the oldest PM in your inbox will be deleted to make room for the newest one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:52 pm 
Can somebody explain the meaning of the icons next to the posts?
I know red means new posts & white means not, but what does a
shaking icon mean? (I didn't know where to post this question so I
came here :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:11 am 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
SGradeFreak wrote:
I know red means new posts & white means not, but what does a
shaking icon mean?

Shaking icons mean "popular" topics. I think that a thread has such an icon after getting 25 replies or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm 
How do I delete an unneeded post that's not the last one on the thread?
(I have created duplicate entries of the same text & now want to get
rid of the earlier one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
SGradeFreak wrote:
How do I delete an unneeded post that's not the last one on the thread?
(I have created duplicate entries of the same text & now want to get
rid of the earlier one)

I checked your posts and did not find messages that would be exactly the same. Basically, forum members are not supposed to delete their posts. If there is a particular need to delete a certain post of yours, you can send me a private message with your reasons for deleting that post. Otherwise, you can leave all your posts as they are now. When two copies of the same post actually occure (usually as a result of double clicking "submit" button), I delete duplicating posts myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 82 months ago
inactive
people can someone tell me how can i put a picture when i m writing a post,i want to put a picture after i finish writing a post but i dont know how

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
new_york wrote:
people can someone tell me how can i put a picture when i m writing a post,i want to put a picture after i finish writing a post but i dont know how

You have to include URL of your picture between two IMG tags (check buttons above input field when write a post) in any part of your message. In order to upload a picture (so that later you can post a link to it) you can use http://photobucket.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:52 pm 
inactive
Image____SHE S HOT i made it thanks ANTON-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
new_york, if you want to include an image into your signature (it's the thing that will be shown below each your message), you have to go to your profile and include url to a picture (and/or some text) in "signature" field. Then you also can check "always attach my signature" preference. Once you do that and save your profile changes, you won't be obliged to include a signature image into your post each time manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:24 pm 
And what if the url size exceeds 125 chars? You can't include the image! Not fair- even the tags count toward char limit!

EDIT: Anton-P, there must be a mistake: I don't remember starting this thread :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:45 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
SGradeFreak wrote:
And what if the url size exceeds 125 chars? You can't include the image! Not fair- even the tags count toward char limit!

EDIT: Anton-P, there must be a mistake: I don't remember starting this thread :?

1. Unless one is using really long filenames that can hardly happen. A typical photobucket url is around 50-70 characters long, so 125 chars is more than enough.

2. The topic was created by me from different messages split from two other topics. Your post was the most old among these messages so that it automatically became the first one in the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 pm 
NOPE. saturnbunny89's message appears to be oldest. Check them out & you'll see.

... That's better :D Sorry for making such a big deal out of such a little thing though *grins like an idiot* :lol:

Last edited by SGradeFreak on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 pm 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
SGradeFreak wrote:
NOPE. saturnbunny89's message appears to be oldest. Check them out & you'll see.

Indeed. That depends on sequence of steps messages are split & merged, but I guess it's not a big deal anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:09 am 
inactive
Anton-P wrote:
...2. The topic was created by me from different messages split from two other topics....

Oh, okay. I was kinda wondering where this topic came from.

By the way...every once in a while, the following scenario occurs: I post in a topic, then no one posts in it for a long time, then I think of something new I want to post in it. Now, I realize that I can use the "Edit" button to add something, but that doesn't put the topic at the top of the category list, where people are more likely to see it...my point is, in such cases, may I PM you with a request to double-post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:38 am 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
mercury22 wrote:
...every once in a while, the following scenario occurs: I post in a topic, then no one posts in it for a long time, then I think of something new I want to post in it. Now, I realize that I can use the "Edit" button to add something, but that doesn't put the topic at the top of the category list, where people are more likely to see it...my point is, in such cases, may I PM you with a request to double-post?

Double posting is posting several messages in a row within a short amount of time (several minutes or several hours). If at least one day has lapsed after your post in a certain thread, posting again in the same thread right after your previous message won't be double posting, and you don't need to send any requests for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:01 pm 
inactive
Oh, really? Okay, sounds good! I was really concerned about breaking the forum rules, but I'm glad to hear that I wouldn't be doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:05 pm 
inactive
That's really innocent. I'm in a forum, the users there only do that to "push" the topics, irrelevant as they are. The rules are quite strict there, but have you seen the SMU forums? Really, makes me want to never come back, sometimes they treat you like dirt. But otherwise, they are really friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:32 pm 
Kasumi wrote:
That's really innocent. I'm in a forum, the users there only do that to "push" the topics, irrelevant as they are. The rules are quite strict there, but have you seen the SMU forums? Really, makes me want to never come back, sometimes they treat you like dirt. But otherwise, they are really friendly.

How can they treat you like dirt & be friendly at the same time? >_-

(Okay, this isn't the thread to post stuff like this, but otherwise Kasumi might not notice... BTW this is my last post in this thread)

EDIT: I think this post and the 5-6 previous posts should be deleted or moved to a better suited location; just to keep a thread like this tidy.

(Problem is I have no idea where -_-; )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:04 pm 
inactive
i need help,is it possible when i m writing a post that the picture i put after writting a post could stay there so that every time i want to write a post don t need to go and to find my picture url and then do the procedure copy paste to the post please help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 955 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next