* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Forum feedback
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:49 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yes, I have things to say about this forum.

It's a fun, relaxing place where we can all share our love for Sailor Moon. I'd like to get to know some of the users here on a more personal level. This forum has been through a lot over the years (the whole "Team Quality" nonsense particularly stands out to me as the forum's worst era, just my opinion) and it's truly a more mellow place nowadays. The mods generally do a great job. I appreciate having forums like this one because I don't particularly love Reddit and that's basically the only other option at this point.

However, this place isn't perfect.

1) I think we need some more structure and some more clearly defined rules. People go off-topic quite often in threads and it should really be curtailed by the mods without people needing to report the off-topic posts. In addition, it's common to see people bumping very old threads (some over 5 years old). In some cases this is unavoidable, but if you're just bumping an old thread with a random comment or a response...someone from that long ago isn't going to see your response. Best to just create a new thread. Bumping old threads really goes against the "netiquette" of forums. Every forum is different, and some are moderated too heavily for my taste (With the Will, the best remaining Digimon forum, is a fantastic place but it's also over-moderated). I think this place could use a simple tune-up in regards to moderation and rules, that's all. Nothing extreme.

2) I'm glad the hentai section has been "hidden" or only made available to select users, but honestly, I don't think we should have a hentai section in the first place. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

3) The seasonal background image should be updated more often. It's summer now so it should be summery instead of the spring-like sakura image we've got going on now. :P

Same question~!

#BlueLivesMatter

Post subject: Re: Forum feedback
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:16 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Split from "Ask the person below you a question" thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:30 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
So, does this mean we can give feedback on the admins too?

The only things I don't like are censoring of posts if we swear and the art credit rule. I mean 95% of the forum is adults so why can't we swear ocasionally? :/ Also, I think a lot of people will agree with me on this but the art credit rule is pointless and nobody ever follows it, so it would make sense to revise it or get rid cause Kero isn't here anymore to harp on people for not posting links to art. Basically that stupid rule of Kero's killed the fanart and hentai subforums. :o Also, even though she's not active anymore I never liked Kero as an admin and I thought she was really rude and abused her admin powers. :o I'm sure most people will agree with me on this. :o I also wish the off topic section was a little more organized.

Other than that the forum is doing great and I'm glad Prince Rose is an admin. :love:

Last edited by Neo Queen Serenity on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:38 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow, I didn't mean for this to become a whole thing. :lol: I was just playing a forum game and someone asked what we thought about the forum...but I guess if this helps, then great.

I think we should keep in mind for any future users who post here that we shouldn't use this thread to just rant or complain mindlessly -- let's be constructive and try not to bring back old drama.

NQS: The users may be mostly adults, but it's very possible that young kids lurk these forums, as we often have a lot of unregistered users viewing the forum. :) It also helps so as not to be blacklisted by Google, etc. Or at least that's what I think. And I think there's nothing wrong with crediting artwork where it's due...just sharing random artwork you find without giving credit to the artist is basically distributing it without giving credit, and it's just not cool. :(

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Lone Queen
John wrote:
And I think there's nothing wrong with crediting artwork where it's due...just sharing random artwork you find without giving credit to the artist is basically distributing it without giving credit, and it's just not cool. :(

I couldn't agree more with this.
I was about to post and give my two cents on the subject, but you beat me to it! :)

As an artist, myself, it's rather annoying to discover people sharing my art without putting my username or even a link back to my page. Giving credit is always important!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:02 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
As an artist myself (though not god at it but still love doing something on my own) i dont care if anybody shares my art without crediting me.I even don't add my signature to my stuff :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
The only things I don't like are censoring of posts if we swear and the art credit rule. I mean 95% of the forum is adults so why can't we swear ocasionally? :/

As for myself, I only manually censor three four-letter words w/ "****" here when I spot them, depending on the situation: "☹," "☹," & "☹." Anyone can still see the other ones by disabling the word filters if they opt to. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
The only things I don't like are censoring of posts if we swear and the art credit rule. I mean 95% of the forum is adults so why can't we swear ocasionally? :/

As for myself, I only manually censor three four-letter words w/ "****" here when I spot them, depending on the situation: "☹," "☹," & "☹." Anyone can still see the other ones by disabling the word filters if they opt to. :)

I wasn't aware that was an option, and it sounds like most others weren't aware either. Thanks for that Rika.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
chrissifniotis wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:

I wasn't aware that was an option, and it sounds like most others weren't aware either. Thanks for that Rika.

Note that when posts w/ those words are quoted while the filters are on, you still can only see the "☹" smilies in place of them even after you've switched off the filters, as seen in my above-quoted post. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:21 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Just wanted to say thanks to Mara, Rika, and Rose for allowing me to have a custom rank. I love it!! :D :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
^^and I'm jealous of you dear XD

but yes thanks for letting us know about the profanity filter Rika I was really irritated by it :happy: