Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Suggestions thread.
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:43 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I think this would be good thread to submit any suggestions that us forum members as a community would like to submit for future approval by our moths.

So, if you have any ideas for the forum feel free to post them here as long they follow the current rules.

My ideas:
Different color usernames as prizes for games or contests
A way to record the forum's milestones like 1000 topic, post, member, etc.
A thing that shows upcoming birthdays for fellow members
A new logo

Post subject: Re: Suggestions thread.
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
The idea about alerting us to when forum members birthdays are arriving sounds like a good idea to me. Other forums I am a member of do something like this. ^_^

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Dice roller, but since the only ones I found were PHPBB3.0.5+, and can be circumvented by deleting and re-posting their post (to re-roll), I don't think we have a feasible candidate yet. also they would require that the users' right to delete their posts was removed, which is too bad.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Sailor Mars Fanatic wrote:
The idea about alerting us to when forum members birthdays are arriving sounds like a good idea to me. Other forums I am a member of do something like this. ^_^

I could've sworn we used to have something on the front page of the forum that showed whose birthday it was. :?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:58 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: gotta go fast
If I recall we did used to have a thread for milestones here, members would take screenshots of
these events if I find it I'll post a link to the thread here sometime.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 pm 
inactive
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
I think some sort of milestone project would be kinda neat to have. It'll bring us closer together. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:52 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd like to see a new logo using the Crystal font. :love:

Or even the new manga font or PGSM font. :love:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
About time we had one of these threads.

A forum for debating "heavier" topics. If you want the random section to be free from non-feel good posts, then you should really have a place where we can talk about graver subjects. If the thread gets too crazy, close the thread. Though I'd like to think that most people can debate things without name calling.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 pm 
inactive
Cutiebunny wrote:
A forum for debating "heavier" topics. If you want the random section to be free from non-feel good posts, then you should really have a place where we can talk about graver subjects. If the thread gets too crazy, close the thread. Though I'd like to think that most people can debate things without name calling.

I think I can safely say that this is never going to happen at this forum.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:26 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cutiebunny wrote:
About time we had one of these threads.

I don't see the positive aspect of the proposed change. The topics themselves are enough of a barrier between content and me.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 am 
inactive
If you believe that, then you're blind.

You have people on this forum that have alternate lifestyles and/or dealing with a lot of very personal issues, people who are being bombarded by things which they feel are wrong and need a place to talk about it. The topic regarding the transsexual who was beaten up for dressing in drag is a perfect example. Of course that topic is going to become one about LGBTI issues. And that in itself is political, and those politics often are based on religious beliefs. To make a blanket statement of not allowing people to discuss and explain why these things are happening is to do its members a serious disservice.

Right now, you're basically making it so that a member posts something like this story and the only responses you're allowing are sympathetic responses. But what if someone wants to talk about how that issue personally affects them or their experiences with an alternate lifestyle? You just prohibit it because that's controversial and might hurt someone's feelings? By you saying that, a member would infer that their lifestyle choices are not tolerated and appreciated there.

You can tell these members to go find other forums to express this, but those are usually full of like minded individuals who actively target anyone who voices alternate beliefs. I think having a place where people with all sorts of life experiences can freely talk about issues would be a beneficial experience for everyone involved.

Why not make it a select subforum? If you want access, you have to ask and abide to a rule of tolerance and one of debate? If you resort to name calling, you're blocked from the subforum. If members don't want to read these topics, that's fine and they don't have to go there.

Once again, the majority of your members are mature enough to deal with these topics without it degrading into petty flame wars.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:52 am 
inactive
This is a forum about Sailor Moon. Yes, there is a subforum for people to talk about random stuff, but this is a forum about Sailor Moon. Real life is serious enough, and I prefer to keep this a place to escape from reality, not dwell in it.

Not to mention the fact that if you have to create a special locked subforum to discuss something specific then you're deviating far enough from the ultimate point of this forum that there's really no point in it existing. I really don't understand why you're so fixated on trying to turn this place into something that it isn't, but again, I can't imagine that your request would ever be seriously considered.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No politics, no religion.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:37 am 
inactive
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
This is a forum about Sailor Moon. Yes, there is a subforum for people to talk about random stuff, but this is a forum about Sailor Moon. Real life is serious enough, and I prefer to keep this a place to escape from reality, not dwell in it.

If the forum is strictly for Sailor Moon, then you should probably get rid of anything that isn't Sailor Moon too. Like the entire Off Topic section.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. You have a subforum for hentai. You allow non-Sailor Moon related posts already. You want to generate more interest in this board? Giving members some freedom to talk about things without a mod jumping in every civil thread and telling us not to reference religion or politics in a topic which clearly talks about social issues might help.

I've noticed that ever since Sailor Moon Crystal has been announced, this board has taken a sharp turn for the worse. It's nice to know that the temporary interest in this board by a couple hundred new members trumps whatever its current and long standing members want.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
I like the ideas for a new logo and birthday announcements.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No politics has been around since the board was started in 2003. We discussed in the admin forum and decided that adding no religion made sense in addition to stricter enforcement of the no politics rule.

No politics and no religion is not connected to Crystal.

Changing the logo for the SMF side is up to Anton; I'm not going to make adjustments on it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Jay, is it possible to add the birthday announcements for forum members? I do also like the idea of colored usernames as prizes, that way it's special like a custom rank.

Mysterious Rose wrote:
If I recall we did used to have a thread for milestones here, members would take screenshots of
these events if I find it I'll post a link to the thread here sometime.

Rose, is this the thread?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9770&p=264175

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:09 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
I could have sworn there was a reason the birthday alerts went away, like they were running mysql cycles and slowing down the forums, but I'll check with Anton first.

If we do a forum game in the future, a name color is a potential prize. I'll keep it in mind.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 am 
inactive
Cutiebunny wrote:
I'm not sure what the big deal is. You have a subforum for hentai. You allow non-Sailor Moon related posts already. You want to generate more interest in this board? Giving members some freedom to talk about things without a mod jumping in every civil thread and telling us not to reference religion or politics in a topic which clearly talks about social issues might help.

This forum is not about social issues. This forum is about Sailor Moon, despite the handful of discussions going on in off-topic. And despite what you seem to think, the posters here have proven time and time again that they aren't capable of discussing such things in a civil manner.

If you want to make a forum about social issues, more power to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:38 am 
Corona Galactica
Corona Galactica
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cutiebunny wrote:
...this board has taken a sharp turn for the worse.

Over years I heard this line about as many times as I saw threads bashing SuperS popping up. The sun will keep rising, BSSM fans will keep bashing SuperS, and somebody is going to say that the forums are going downhill. Probably means everything is running smoothly in this crazy fandom.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Well if no politics was a rule before (which it was) then we couldn't have taken any turn in any direction 'cause we didn't change anything. Just saying.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 am 
inactive
^_^ Hey I just noticed the Birthday notification's been installed. Thanks so much. :mrgreen: :)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hey I just noticed the Birthday notification's been installed. Thanks so much.
You've got my full attention. What is that? Don't mention it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am 
inactive
Usagi wrote:
Hey I just noticed the Birthday notification's been installed. Thanks so much.
You've got my full attention. What is that? Don't mention it.

I wasn't expecting to see you Usagi. But hi there. Now member's birthdays are announced by the forum when they arrive. Isn't that great? :keke:

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I wasn't expecting to see you Usagi.
Perhaps I misunderstood. What were you?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:40 am 
inactive
Usagi wrote:
I wasn't expecting to see you Usagi.
Perhaps I misunderstood. What were you?

Oh Usagi. You really need to read entire posts. Not just the first sentence. I made a clear explanation. LOL ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:40 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Oh Usagi.
Next question?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am 
inactive
Usagi wrote:
Oh Usagi.
Next question?

I give up. ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I give up.
You surrender?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:56 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Usagi wrote:
I give up.
You surrender?

Let's settle it with a tie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 924 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next